Page 3519 of 3762 FirstFirst ... 350935163517351835193520352135223529 ... LastLast
Results 35,181 to 35,190 of 37620

Thread: L.A. Lakers

Okafor might be the best player available at No. 2 but he's not what the Lakers need, the team ranked 29th on Defense last season and I don't think Okafor can help the Lakers on that area, Porzingis is not what the Lakers need either cause they've got Julius Randle. I think Russell was a smart choice, all the Lakers need from him is his shooting and size and if he can do more than that then it will a bonus.

Then that thinking of drafting for need is not keeping up with modern times. Never ever draft based on need, draft the next best available talent. That is what Minnesota did although they already have Pekovic who is solid. That is why the 76ers drafted Okafor even if they have 3 potentially great Cs. If you're picking that high You need to draft a potential game changer whose skills and talent can affect how other teams are built to compete against you, like, a LeBron or Steph. See what the league has gotten into because of Curry's game changing skills? Everybody's playing small ball.

In Porzingis you have a chance of having a big man with a unique skill set that can change how the C or PF position is played. He has the potential of shooting the lights out on offense like Dirk from deep with the athleticism of a Kevin Garnett at 7'3! Imagine that!
    In Okafor you have the chance of a big guy with Tim Duncan like post offense and so far in the summer league because he wants to play defense he has moved his feet and kept up with the opposing guards in pick and roll switches! He even stayed on his feet and was quick enough in one sequence against Dangelo Russell when put in an island! That tells you either Okafor can really move his feet if he wants to or Russell is too slow that the former was nor blown away with a first step!

Russell is no shooter. He has not shown that he can quickly get it off in the NBA against quicker and taller defenders. And his size does not matter when he's that slow. Just ask Grieviz Vasquez and Kendall Marshall.

Remember the scouting reports about Russell before the draft? He was seen as a Steph Curry but now that his slow ass is exposed his now seen as a Steve Nash. Grasping at straws. LOL

Sorry to disagree with you bro.
    Last edited by ick; 07-14-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Russell and Curry had almost identical scouting report as a rookie though, that's what made Russell a prospect. Russell has a huge upside and can also fit right in with the team. He could be a Steph Curry in the future if he put in the work, and could be a 6'5 Derek Fisher for the meantime alongside Kobe.

some players takes more time to develop... ang pangutana kung tagaan ba siya ug chance to develop.

i disagree with your criticism nga awkward ang shooting ni russell. for me, i think shooting is his strength... if he will be a bust, it will not be because of his shooting is awkward. he is also a very good passer, and has an excellent court vision.

i think his main problem is his athleticism... which is for me questionable until now. he doesn't have a burst of speed. he doesn't jump that high, and other guards can easily catch up to him.

but i believe he is a very intelligent player, and he can easily overcome his weaknesses.

if he can develop into an andre miller type of player, with better passing skills, and better court vision, and much better shooting, he will be fine for me.
    Last edited by fish; 07-14-2015 at 09:48 PM.

For me it's awkward because he doesn't seem to follow through on it and oftentimes he kicks his legs to maintain balance. Maybe it's his 6'8 wingspan and big hands are the culprit. I see he can palm the ball with ease. He just seems to flick it instead of maintaining a consistent shooting form. And he hasn't shown me he can release it quick enough against faster players with quicker close outs. We'll just have to trust what the coaches in the NBA say about rookies "the first thing you do in the NBA is more shooting." So we'll see.

I can't say anything against Rusell since I haven't watched him play in the Summer League, but I believe a really smart move would be drafting Okafor, then get an ESTABLISHED point guard via trade or free agency. The team is risking their future with this kid, he can turn out to be a bust. Lucky for them if he turns out to be really, really good. But you can't plan for your future based on LUCK.

Quality big men are hard to find nowadays. They could either stick with Okafor or trade him for a good point guard if they can't get any from the free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by ick View Post
    Then that thinking of drafting for need is not keeping up with modern times. Never ever draft based on need, draft the next best available talent. That is what Minnesota did although they already have Pekovic who is solid. That is why the 76ers drafted Okafor even if they have 3 potentially great Cs. If you're picking that high You need to draft a potential game changer whose skills and talent can affect how other teams are built to compete against you, like, a LeBron or Steph. See what the league has gotten into because of Curry's game changing skills? Everybody's playing small ball.

In Porzingis you have a chance of having a big man with a unique skill set that can change how the C or PF position is played. He has the potential of shooting the lights out on offense like Dirk from deep with the athleticism of a Kevin Garnett at 7'3! Imagine that!
    In Okafor you have the chance of a big guy with Tim Duncan like post offense and so far in the summer league because he wants to play defense he has moved his feet and kept up with the opposing guards in pick and roll switches! He even stayed on his feet and was quick enough in one sequence against Dangelo Russell when put in an island! That tells you either Okafor can really move his feet if he wants to or Russell is too slow that the former was nor blown away with a first step!

Russell is no shooter. He has not shown that he can quickly get it off in the NBA against quicker and taller defenders. And his size does not matter when he's that slow. Just ask Grieviz Vasquez and Kendall Marshall.

Remember the scouting reports about Russell before the draft? He was seen as a Steph Curry but now that his slow ass is exposed his now seen as a Steve Nash. Grasping at straws. LOL

Sorry to disagree with you bro.
    Okafor would have been a great plan B for Aldridge.... Lakers org is really struggling now they they are one of the biggest and one of the most franchises in the NBA nya ingn ani na pila ka years...

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    some players takes more time to develop... ang pangutana kung tagaan ba siya ug chance to develop.

i disagree with your criticism nga awkward ang shooting ni russell. for me, i think shooting is his strength... if he will be a bust, it will not be because of his shooting is awkward. he is also a very good passer, and has an excellent court vision.

i think his main problem is his athleticism... which is for me questionable until now. he doesn't have a burst of speed. he doesn't jump that high, and other guards can easily catch up to him.

but i believe he is a very intelligent player, and he can easily overcome his weaknesses.

if he can develop into an andre miller type of player, with better passing skills, and better court vision, and much better shooting, he will be fine for me.
    Murag padong ni sya K. Marshall 2.0 boss hehehe..

Quote Originally Posted by The_JACKAL View Post
    he is taller than k. marshall, he shoots better (i think) than k marshall, he is a better passer than k. marshall, and he actually has a 39.5" max vertical so he jumps higher than k. marshall.

if he becomes a bust, that would probably be because he plays like k marshall... but that is his floor, his ceiling can also be perhaps a steve nash...

kung kanumdom mo, hinay ra man modagan si steve nash, hinay ra pud gani siya molukso...

lets give him time to develop... the kid is just 19 years old... do be to harsh on him. lets just hope he develops to a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by The_JACKAL View Post
    Or Jeremy Lin american version heheheh

11.    Advertisement