View Poll Results: where would you go for a law school if you are already workingpls select 2 options

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • university of san carlos

61 45.86%
  • university of cebu

35 26.32%
  • usjr

34 25.56%
  • university of the visayas

8 6.02%
  • southwestern university

10 7.52%
  • usp

12 9.02%
  • others

9 6.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 344142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dooku View Post
    Hi guys,

I hope I can get some advice or feedback in this thread, I am not close with anyone I know that's taking up law here in Cebu so I'm really trying my best to be resourceful

I'm a civil engineer batch 2013, working here in cebu till present and I'm evaluating my current position (In terms of credits, schedule, and tuition) on where I should take up law. I am aware of the philSAT and I'm planning on taking it on April 2019.

I went to UC-Banilad to have my TOR assessed and I lack 6 units for english and 3 units for social studies SO i have to enroll this second sem pa to complete the minimum requirements for admission sa college of law.

I'm considering USJR and USP now, but I can't seem to open the website sa USJR with regards to their requirements also sa USP. Any thoughts on requirements for admission?

P.S. I am currently working full time, but in the company I work in there is flextime so I work 7am to 4pm monday to fridays.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE <3
    the same process for new ones https://uspf.edu.ph/images/enrolment2.png but for college of law needed jud ang results sa philsat.
    Last edited by Negsz; 09-11-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Sa mga nakahibaw, one year ra gyud ang validity sa Philsat? I took the (1st) test last year and it says valid lang siya for SY 2018-2019. Bale di na ni magamit next year? Wa pako kaenrol gyud

And sa mga nagskwela og law sa usjr, pwede ba pm sa tuition per sem? Para maestimate pud kung kaya ba. Salamat daan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bahalaka View Post
    Sa mga nakahibaw, one year ra gyud ang validity sa Philsat? I took the (1st) test last year and it says valid lang siya for SY 2018-2019. Bale di na ni magamit next year? Wa pako kaenrol gyud

And sa mga nagskwela og law sa usjr, pwede ba pm sa tuition per sem? Para maestimate pud kung kaya ba. Salamat daan!!
    philsat has a validity of 2 years so pwede pa kaau

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Negsz View Post
    the same process for new ones https://uspf.edu.ph/images/enrolment2.png but for college of law needed jud ang results sa philsat.
    thank you sa response! I've decided on UC though hehe. Im planning to take the lacking units i need this second sem on english and social studies then the philsat on april next year.

Do you know how much ang per unit sa UC? Or an estimate? Thank you again

considering enrolling in UC. unsay feedback ninyo sa UC? ok ra ba? tnuod gbie ra ang classes? feedback mo pls salamat. hehehe

btw, ok ra kau nang philsat kaya ra kau na ninyo. dghan english daun i.sure lng gd nga mahuman ninyo kay pra nako short ra gd kau tung time sa exam ba.

hi! hoping to revive this thread with my queries.

I am from Manila, moved to Cebu last year for work. I took 2 years of law from UST and when the cloud clears this year I hope to continue studying while working.

I tried to backread, but sorry guys, I cannot understand some posts

1. Do I need to take the Philsat? When I enrolled back in 2015, philsat was not a requirement yet
    2. I am looking at USC or is there a better law school for working students near SRP (where I work)?

thank you sa sasagot!

I suppose the closest one would be USJR. Its a good school too. Personally, I like UC banilad (studied there for 3 years). IMO, USJR and UC are accomodating to working students but location wise, usjr is your closest bet

1. take philsat? yes, gihimo na nilang mandatory. but you can still enrol with a promise to take and pass the next soonest exam schedule.

2. usc is cebu's best law school. no offense intended to anyone, but they just have the numbers to prove it. although i wouldn't say na their law school is friendly to both working students and transferees. not to mention that they're the most expensive. that said, i would suggest inquiring with them as you can always do so at their dean's office.

i know that there are executive classes in usjr and uspf. i've read that up cebu has one too (so, not confirmed). for uc, i'm not sure if they have executive classes. location-wise, yes, usjr seems to be your best option.

Thanks to the comments above! I am thinking of going to USC because of their performance in the past bar exams but it was too far from the office and I live in Talisay oh well, I went to UST bec of its proximity to our Manila office and not bec of its performance. I will check out USJR then.

I am loving Cebu so far and hope to stay here for good

Quote Originally Posted by uryviel091 View Post
    Thanks to the comments above! I am thinking of going to USC because of their performance in the past bar exams but it was too far from the office and I live in Talisay oh well, I went to UST bec of its proximity to our Manila office and not bec of its performance. I will check out USJR then.

I am loving Cebu so far and hope to stay here for good
    USC is just one kilometer away from USJR. Both are great law schools. School is only 10%. 90% is your work ethic and will. Will is a very important trait in law school. But you already know that because youve been to war before heheh

Also, as regards the philsat, i think you need to take it again. However, the SC issued a temporary restraining order against the philsat being a requirement for enrollment. THose who failed or who have not taken the philsat may conditionally enroll. Philsat is still being orally argued in the supreme court because of its constitutionality. Try sa USC bec I think our dean doesnt believe in the philsat. hahaha

11.    Advertisement

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 344142434445 LastLast