Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Scuba-diving Jessica Soho mistaken for beached whale

Award-winning broadcaster Jessica Soho caused a commotion in the waters off Pilar town in Bataan when the townspeople mistook her for a beached whale, according to reports reaching Good Times Manila.

Soho was reportedly taping a special summer episode of her show “Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho,” in which she was supposed to showcase rare corals and marine life in the area when the incident occurred Friday afternoon.

Garbed in scuba-diving gear, Soho was cast adrift a few hundred meters from their boat and was floating near the shore when some fishermen spotted her, locals said.

The fishermen quickly alerted the town’s environment office about what they thought was a beached whale, possibly a humpback, one of the biggest whale species frequently spotted in Philippine waters.

“Last February, there were some dolphins and whales that were beached in the same area, so when we saw her (Soho), we immediately assumed the worst,” one of the fishermen told GTM.

Dozens of environmentalists, local media, tourists and residents rushed to the area to take a look at the “beached whale” in hopes of guiding it back into deeper water.

But when they got near, they were shocked to see Soho, who had no idea what the hullabaloo was all about.

“It was an honest mistake and we have apologized to Ma’am Jessica. We did not mean to disturb her work at all,” Raul De Jesus, the local environment office chief, said.

In a statement issued to GTM, Soho said she has accepted the apology, saying it was “understandable,” and that the commotion did not impede their taping of her show.

“There was no harm done, and no offense was intended or taken. This experience has not made me lose my love of scuba-diving and I will continue to enjoy the wonders of nature underwater,” she said.

But to make sure that the mistake would not be repeated, Soho said she would ask for a custom-made scuba diving suit with vertical white stripes for a slimming effect.

Scuba-diving Jessica Soho mistaken for beached whale Good Times Manila

Istoryans I just want to get your reaction/thoughs/ideas on this.....
    NO FLAMMING PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by Vortex_xxx; 04-29-2009 at 09:20 AM.

binuang ra guro ni
    Last edited by tuWaD!!!; 04-29-2009 at 10:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Read carefully.

#
    Is this blog screwing with me?

The short answer is YES.

This is satire, you guys. Which means you're not supposed to believe anything you read here. So please refrain from asking: "Is this true?"

It is not true. End of discussion.

For more information, visit the "About Good Times Manila" page here. Email us what you think at goodtimesmanila@gmail.com

-RODION

Blog Entries
    hahaha.................

hehehehe kalingaw

luoya pud aning good times manila ui. bisan unsaon ninyog tira sa mga kapuso d gahpun mo mo succeed. hahahahh hasta sad ang nag post. toink hahaha

@choeychoko nangutana ra tawn ko sa inyo reaction/thoughs/ideas ani na balita....
    wala man ko pasabot ani...mao bitaw ni ana ko nga no flamming...ikaw jud uwagan ay choeychoko diay

ahahah well nasayop ka kay dili na dnhe nga sa tv/movies category kundi sa humor! hahahahahahahah didto pangayo ug reactions. lol

mo sugot ra diay ka himoon kataw-anan si jessica soho...kung adto ni nako ibutang sa humor section mura rag ako gi daut si ma'am jessica soho ana kay ako gihimo nga kataw-anan mapuno nuon siya og bugal2x didto...kalma lang gud uwagan...

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    Read carefully.

#
    Is this blog screwing with me?

The short answer is YES.

This is satire, you guys. Which means you're not supposed to believe anything you read here. So please refrain from asking: "Is this true?"

It is not true. End of discussion.

For more information, visit the "About Good Times Manila" page here. Email us what you think at goodtimesmanila@gmail.com

-RODION
    end of discussion lol! period

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast