Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD or INTEL

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default AMD or INTEL

Like BeOR sez, AMD right now is definitely the right way to go. Its faster and cheaper! Now, when we say AMD is cheaper we have to know how to compare these processors. Like for example, when you take a look at an intel processor, lets say 2.0 GHZ you only have to buy an ATHLON XP 2000+ which is actually only a 1.8ghz+ processor. And if you use sisoft sandra to differenciate these processors, you only even actually have to get the ATHLON XP 1800+ which is only 1.6+ghz because this generally still beats the Intel Pentium 2.0ghz. This way the ATHLON XP is cheaper by 20-30% which will save you a lot of money

Now some people may compare it this way: Intel P4 2 gig to an ATHLON XP 2200+ which has a real 2 gig clockspeed. When you compare it this way, the AMD processor is now priced a bit hire or almost the same as the P4. This will now then be judged by other people, telling everyone they know that it is not true that INTEL is more expensive than ATHLON.

These people clearly have the wrong perception about the whole thing.
    Processors cannot be compared anymore clock for clock but should be compared by performance. There is more to this than meets the eye.
    I am not saying that AMD will sit in the thron forever. But right now, we just have to admit it, AMD is sure kicking someone's a*s.

Watch out for more articles soon like AMD vs INTEL a buyers guide and CLONE vs BRANDED whats the difference? and a lot of Game Reviews (games are, of course, care of DataBlitz the only place where you can get original games)
    Also check out our inter-review of BeOR, father of Cebuano Modding. All coming soon at
    www.arctech-pc.com
    ATO NI BAI! NAA RA NI DIRI SA CEBU!
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

Default AMD or INTEL

That's what exactly I'm going to find out (AMD vs INTEL).

Got an Athlon XP 2400+ and Pentium 4 2.4G (533) which I will pit out against each other with using very similar peripherals (same HD - WD 80G 8MB cache, Video - GF3 & GF4 Ti4600 (will try both), Memory - Samsung PC2700 CTL) and both using high-performance MoBo's (Abit KD7-R (KT400) for AMD and Epox 4G4A (i845G) for the P4)

Cost wise is practically the same. In fact the AMD Combo cost me a little more since I had to order it from the U.S.

Lets find out how well they can perform against each other. I will also try to OC them as far as it can go per system.

Be posting benchmark results soon.

Any suggestions which one's (benchies) I'm going to try?

dato diay ka.au... mao diay up2 date kay sa mga tech stuff.. hehehe....
    As for your comment |EE, I appreciate your admiration but please be discrete in what you say. I am not claiming in anyway what your impression of me is. Computers are my hobby that is why I spend a lot of my money on them, but never does it mean that money is so easy to come by :!:

sachem

Default AMD or INTEL

hey Corsair XMS memory modules are available at PC Options in Manila =) why dont you try them. they're damn fast and stable than other DDR modules =)

sorry about the comment, LA...

Default AMD or INTEL

sachem: Corsair modules can be available in Cebu, if you need one, sayon ra pag-order... it is just more expensive than other brands... most Corsair XMS3000 and 3200 are using Samsung B3 chips... so, ok ra ang kang LA.

Ryan: bai, 1800+ is 1.53GHz, 2000+ is 1.67GHz and 2200+ is 1.8GHz... subra ra gamay imo....

Generally, kung dili ta mag huna-huna sa gasto... GHz to GHz, Intel has no match... AMD is competing Intel with their PR (Performance Rating). not with its clock speeds...

Default AMD or INTEL

tell who will win ok... either pentium or AMD!

Default AMD or INTEL

GHz to GHz = AMD
    Price over Performance = AMD
    Fastest processor = Intel
    Stability = Most of the time Intel has a plce

Default AMD or INTEL

so it's a tie between the 2

sachem

Default AMD or INTEL

Crashburn, got any XMS PC133 memory modules?

Default AMD or INTEL

so if thats the case...CrasHBURN...then people looking for what? di ba fast and stability? INTEL wins....

ambot lang basta ako fast and stable!

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default AMD or INTEL

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.
    That's what exactly I'm going to find out (AMD vs INTEL).

Got an Athlon XP 2400+ and Pentium 4 2.4G (533) which I will pit out against each other with using very similar peripherals (same HD - WD 80G 8MB cache, Video - GF3 & GF4 Ti4600 (will try both), Memory - Samsung PC2700 CTL) and both using high-performance MoBo's (Abit KD7-R (KT400) for AMD and Epox 4G4A (i845G) for the P4)

Cost wise is practically the same. In fact the AMD Combo cost me a little more since I had to order it from the U.S.

Lets find out how well they can perform against each other. I will also try to OC them as far as it can go per system.

Be posting benchmark results soon.

Any suggestions which one's (benchies) I'm going to try?

dato diay ka.au... mao diay up2 date kay sa mga tech stuff.. hehehe....
    As for your comment |EE, I appreciate your admiration but please be discrete in what you say. I am not claiming in anyway what your impression of me is. Computers are my hobby that is why I spend a lot of my money on them, but never does it mean that money is so easy to come by :!:

This is great man! Hey can you give me a copy of your benchmark results? Maybe a short article with it so we can post it at our site too? Thanks in advance LA!
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast