Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pray vs worship

Default pray vs worship

is it enough to God dat i wll pray n not worship? worship means attending mass, rosary wyl pray is night prayer n pray only if scared

they'll tell you "god will answer in His time"....
    i'm not sure I get that...

ask for money... you can't get any unless you work or do something about it or something to get it...

does "unaswered prayers" ring a bell?

neither. to me.

To Worship is to Pray and to Pray is To Worship

A true Christian God would not have created humans for the sole purpose of having them worship Him. And I doubt He will count the number of times you pray/worship when you die.

Quote Originally Posted by ed168III View Post
    is it enough to God dat i wll pray n not worship? worship means attending mass, rosary wyl pray is night prayer n pray only if scared
    We also worship God with the way we live our lives.

If you're Catholic, do your best to attend mass at least weekly. Try to see it not as an unpleasant thing which you need to do simply out of obligation but as an opportunity to give thanks to God and receive him in your heart.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kit_cebu View Post
    they'll tell you "god will answer in His time"....
    i'm not sure I get that...
    ask for money... you can't get any unless you work or do something about it or something to get it...
    does "unaswered prayers" ring a bell?
    no bells ringing... it's called "doing your part"

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    We also worship God with the way we live our lives.

If you're Catholic, do your best to attend mass at least weekly. Try to see it not as an unpleasant thing which you need to do simply out of obligation but as an opportunity to give thanks to God and receive him in your heart.
    Amen on this.
    +1 on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ed168III View Post
    these two are essentials.
    it's part of serving to GOD.
    Prayer is asking something from GOD (Philippians 4:6) and asking for forgiveness (Matthew 6:9-13) and giving thanks to HIM (colossians 3:15-16 and 1 Thessalonians 5:1.
    worship is following GOD's word.

5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
    6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;
    7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:
    8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
    9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.
    10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
    Ephesians 6:5-10

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    John 4:24

so everything we do must be commanded by GOD.
    let us check if we do things against His will, your effort will go to waste.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by handsoff241 View Post
    no bells ringing... it's called "doing your part"
    that is exactly my point... so, what's the point of your prayers "in the air"?
    god can't even push a friggin shovel...

@rcruman - bible quotes are not really worth anything these days...

just be good... if there is a god, he will find that a little considerable to enter into heaven... if there is none, people will look up to you with respect and follow your example...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast