Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kit_cebu View Post
    not really... well at least, not literally... i am a catholic by birth... by choice? i made my choice based on what i can see... not feeling or believing...

usually, catholics are really just "play by the ball... what church tells you to do, what the church tells you say that it is what it is, we do...

i dont believe that anymore... i woke up... like the bible says in the garden of eden, "we have a choice"...
    that is for me to break free... not a rustom padilla breaking free... but waking up that we really do have a choice...

with that choice, use REASONING..... you'll wake up in the real world... that there are no spirits or someone higher than us who can help us or can save us but ourselves...
    Rustom Padilla?

I believe that in the context of religion, we can still break free and truly live. In fact, I believe that's the very purpose of religion. Religion at its best liberates; it helps us to awaken to the truth about who we are and what our purpose in life is. St. Ireneus said, "The glory of God is man fully alive." God is glorified when we are fully alive, because He created us to live fully.

jargon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehe... nindot kaayo.. pero naa ba gyud naka-experience diri ug kang mura sa bible na miracle kanang nabuhi na patay...

naayo na terminally ill na taw..

bitaw... kanang beyond the day to day...

kanang dili gyud ma-explain sa science... or bisan unsa na miracle basta kamo'y buot... hehehehe...

pwede kanang life changing na miracle...

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    Consider the origin of the universe for example. Given the scientific data and theories that we have, it seems more plausible to say that the universe was brought into being by a Creator rather than to say that it simply popped into existence out of nothing, because we know that nothing comes out of nothing. So you see, science can support the hypothesis that God exists.
    ok, so where did this creator come from? can we say that he/she/it have always existed? then why can't we also consider that the universe have always existed?

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    Consider the origin of the universe for example. Given the scientific data and theories that we have, it seems more plausible to say that the universe was brought into being by a Creator rather than to say that it simply popped into existence out of nothing, because we know that nothing comes out of nothing. So you see, science can support the hypothesis that God exists.
    wow, i think you should read some theories in physics. like for example, how there can be other "universes". And in other universes, time and space can be different. For example, universe A's time will run faster that universe B's. like say, Narnia and our time. Narnia's time runs faster than our time.

Also did you know that some universes are capable of creating blackholes? and blackholes give birth to a whole new universe? which in turn will give birth to blackholes and so on? Our universe may have come from a blackhole from another universe, which probably had infinitely many blackholes as our universe has this same property of being able to support infinitely many blackholes.

And did you know that it is not very difficult theoretically to create a blackhole? perhaps God was from another universe that had the technology to create a blackhole that gave birth to a universe with an infinite topology like ours, and the universe that he came from had slower time. Which could explain how God had always been there, right from the beginning.

By the way, you might throw me a question like "duh, the probability is very small that we are in his image and likeness" but in infinite sense, a "small" quantity is existence in itself. What is the probability that out there in the vastness of our infinite universe there is some sun just like ours, with a planet just like ours? Small, but in infinite sense this is enough to show existence.

And in that planet, the probability that there is another you living there doing the same thing you are doing right now is very very very small. It is beyond astronomical. But still, if our universe is infinite, that is something...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pruzchett View Post
    wow, i think you should read some theories in physics. like for example, how there can be other "universes". And in other universes, time and space can be different. For example, universe A's time will run faster that universe B's. like say, Narnia and our time. Narnia's time runs faster than our time.

Also did you know that some universes are capable of creating blackholes? and blackholes give birth to a whole new universe? which in turn will give birth to blackholes and so on? Our universe may have come from a blackhole from another universe, which probably had infinitely many blackholes as our universe has this same property of being able to support infinitely many blackholes.

And did you know that it is not very difficult theoretically to create a blackhole? perhaps God was from another universe that had the technology to create a blackhole that gave birth to a universe with an infinite topology like ours, and the universe that he came from had slower time. Which could explain how God had always been there, right from the beginning.

By the way, you might throw me a question like "duh, the probability is very small that we are in his image and likeness" but in infinite sense, a "small" quantity is existence in itself. What is the probability that out there in the vastness of our infinite universe there is some sun just like ours, with a planet just like ours? Small, but in infinite sense this is enough to show existence.

And in that planet, the probability that there is another you living there doing the same thing you are doing right now is very very very small. It is beyond astronomical. But still, if our universe is infinite, that is something...
    I just couldn't imagine that there are billions of galaxies in the universe let alone the concept of MULTIVERSE! That's true!

Quote Originally Posted by pruzchett View Post

diba theory ni.. parrallel something... im not sure...

Blog Entries
    The Greatest Miracle In the World is when you choose to LOVE finally and unconditionally!

yep, there are numerous theories out there about the universe. some i do not understand actually because they are highly mathematical. that's just one of those, that we exist in a universe which is infinite. But there are 3 infinite models of the universe: flat/Euclidean (expansion slows and the universe approaches a stable size), open (expansion continues at a constant rate) and hyperbolic (the growth is exponential). And then there's the finite model: spherical (someday our universe will stop growing and it will implode)...

There's also a cyclic model of the universe, etc. Reading these theories opens up a lot of possible answers to our questions.

Blog Entries
    There is no miracle that you cannot, see, hear, taste, smell and touch! And there is no miracle more lovely when you sleep and dream and when you wake up...another miracle! CARPE DIEM!

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast