Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

^ I really agree. We often take our greatest blessings for granted...

^ We take our eye sight for granted and live our lives routinely, but so many people, those who are blind, would do anything just to trade places with us.

So in a sense, the mere fact that we can see and sense the world around us and observe and behold all the beauty that surrounds us, is itself a great miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by miyay View Post
    @josephdc...i agree with you, sir. if gratitude is a virtue, its one of the nicest there is. it makes the world a better place to live in.

if you've always had good eyesight, you'd take some things for granted, like clouds in the blue sky, the waves in the ocean, the stars at night, the look on a child's face when something makes him/her happy, the leaves dancing on the branches, the way a person's eyes light up when he/she is talking about something funny or feel passionate about.
    It's the little things, isn't it, that usually escape our notice? The laughter in the face of our loved ones, the joy that we are able to share with them, the twinkle in the eye of a baby... Those are tiny things, but they are so beautiful, and we can consider them as little miracles...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    Remember this always: gratitude is the gratitude. It is when we are grateful in advance for that which we desire that we make it manifest in our daily lives. This is because that which we choose already exists, and all that is needed is our perception of it.

^ So let's start counting our blessings!

^ We take our eye sight for granted and live our lives routinely, but so many people, those who are blind, would do anything just to trade places with us.

So in a sense, the mere fact that we can see and sense the world around us and observe and behold all the beauty that surrounds us, is itself a great miracle!
    a person doesn't appreciate a thing unless that thing is taken away from him.

same as, we never appreciate someone until that someone is gone.

^ Mao jud...

Gratitude helps us not to take things for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    Remember this always: gratitude is the gratitude. It is when we are grateful in advance for that which we desire that we make it manifest in our daily lives. This is because that which we choose already exists, and all that is needed is our perception of it.
    OT: cwg ni no? husto jud ka, sir, kinda overwhelming ang book 3. i have to stretch my mind and tread with care page by page.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miyay View Post
    OT: cwg ni no? husto jud ka, sir, kinda overwhelming ang book 3. i have to stretch my mind and tread with care page by page.
    See? I told you so. Anyway, continue reading at your own risk.

don't you think these blessings are from your parents? not from a greater being? if our parents didn't chu-chu, there would never've been us? don't you think that you being able to eat a decent meal every day is thankfully being provided by our parents?

so, where's god on these parts to be thanked for? what miracles? WHERE are these miracles these days?

these blessings from my parents and others are not taken for granted. i thank them for it whenever i can...however i can to repay them...

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast