Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 345678 ... LastLast

hehe sa page 2 ky ga debate na sila.. hehe

Blog Entries
    When you can fully use your five senses...then everything becomes a MIRACLE.
    For example, don't just see...WATCH with AWARENESS!
    Don't just hear the song...LISTEN to its melody and rhythm!

Inflation, the Big Bang was just the result of a random quantum event called a vacuum fluctuation, with no cause, created out of the space vacuum, and with a total energy of zero. It does make sense in quantum mechanics and Einstein’s general relativity. In relativity, gravity is negative energy and matter is positive energy. Because the two seem to be equal in absolute total value, our observable universe appears balanced to the sum of zero. Our universe could thus have come into existence without violating conservation of mass and energy, with the matter of the universe condensing out of the positive energy as the universe cooled. There is also excellent experimental and theoretical evidence to support Inflation Theory. I may not able to elaborate or discuss those further for I am not that smart enough.

The problem is the assumption that an infinite chain of events is impossible. This is made moot by the Big Bang, which negates the need for considering an infinite chain of events in our universe. Because time started with the Big Bang, any question of what happened before is nonsensical, much like asking what is north of the North Pole.

Another problem comes from the common definition of gawd as eternal, perfect and unchanging. If these qualities were true, then why would gawd need a universe and how could gawd change from not needing a universe to needing one? This god would have existed for an eternity and then decided to create the universe.

The last problem lies in its assumption that this eternal gawd exists, something that it is trying to prove. This is known as begging the question. Even a child can ask, If gawd created the universe, then who created gawd? If the answer is that gawd is uncaused, then the same answer could certainly be applied to the existence of the universe, that it is uncaused.

The idea of a gawd as creator of the universe makes for a good tale, but it obviously tells us little about the characteristics of that gawd. What they are doing is explaining one mystery with a bigger mystery, and that is fallacious logic.

Quote Originally Posted by pruzchett View Post
    wow, i think you should read some theories in physics. like for example, how there can be other "universes". And in other universes, time and space can be different. For example, universe A's time will run faster that universe B's. like say, Narnia and our time. Narnia's time runs faster than our time.

Also did you know that some universes are capable of creating blackholes? and blackholes give birth to a whole new universe? which in turn will give birth to blackholes and so on? Our universe may have come from a blackhole from another universe, which probably had infinitely many blackholes as our universe has this same property of being able to support infinitely many blackholes.

And did you know that it is not very difficult theoretically to create a blackhole? perhaps God was from another universe that had the technology to create a blackhole that gave birth to a universe with an infinite topology like ours, and the universe that he came from had slower time. Which could explain how God had always been there, right from the beginning.

By the way, you might throw me a question like "duh, the probability is very small that we are in his image and likeness" but in infinite sense, a "small" quantity is existence in itself. What is the probability that out there in the vastness of our infinite universe there is some sun just like ours, with a planet just like ours? Small, but in infinite sense this is enough to show existence.

And in that planet, the probability that there is another you living there doing the same thing you are doing right now is very very very small. It is beyond astronomical. But still, if our universe is infinite, that is something...
    I think those theories are truly fascinating. I've heard of the idea of "multiverse" before but I don't know much about it. I'm a layman.

I was thinking of the Big Bang model. According to it, the universe had a beginning, that it is expanding, and that eventually it will die out, which means that the universe is finite. From what I understand, there seems to be strong scientific evidences that confirm the model. Like Edwin Hubble's discovery that galaxies are shifting away from each other and from us, which was predicted years earlier by a couple of astronomers who based their theory on Einstein's General Relativity theory; the second law of thermodynamics which states that nature tends to entropy (If the universe existed in the past eternally, it would've long ago entropied already); the existence of a cosmic background radiation that can be heard in space which is the remnant of the great explosion at the Big Bang; and the discovery of the Cosmic Background Explorer (COBE) satellite that there are slight variations in the temperature of the cosmic background radiation which confirmed for the scientists the explosion and expansion of the universe and that these variations were actually precisely "tweaked" in such a way as to allow enough matter to group together to form galaxies. (According to George Smoot who was the leader of the COBE project, if the variation was slightly different, the universe could have collapsed back on itself).

I think that these scientific discoveries tell us that the universe hasn't always existed, that it really had a beginning, that prior to the Big Bang, space and time, matter and energy did not exist. But there must be a cause because there is an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alramzz View Post
    Saint Bernadette
    Its a miracle! ^^
    The incorruptibles!

Quote Originally Posted by grovestreet View Post
    ok, so where did this creator come from? can we say that he/she/it have always existed? then why can't we also consider that the universe have always existed?
    I think bro that the Big Bang model tell us that the universe is finite, that it had a beginning, and I believe it is strongly supported by scientific evidences such as the discovery by Hubble in the 1920s that galaxies are actually receding away from us and from each other, and the discovery of cosmic background radiation ("microwave-like sounds") that can be heard in space confirming the big explosion.

So prior to the Big Bang there must've been literally nothing, no space, time, matter and energy. But something caused it, otherwise there would be no universe. This cause must be something other than the universe itself, which means that it's not material, time-bound and space-bound. From what I understand, there are only two candidates as to what this cause is. It's either an abstract object, like numbers, or a "spirit" or "mind" (for lack of better words). But abstract objects don't have the ability to cause things, they are impotent; they don't have the self-awareness and the power to cause things. So the only alternative we have is a "mind", and this "mind" must possess self-awareness, intelligence, will, and power. Those attributes belong to a person, thus we can say that the cause of the universe is a person, not an abstract entity.

I believe bro that this personal cause must've always existed (remember, this personal cause is not bound by time because it existed before time even began).

^ OT na kaayo ta...

Anyway, para sa akoa miracle to ang mga incorruptibles like St. Bernadette. There may be natural explanations for the other incorruptibles, pero para nako mura'g supernatural ang cause sa preservation ni St. Bernadette.

scratching her head, nagnosebleed

pero carry gihapon

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 345678 ... LastLast