Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nikxz unÖ View Post
    Oh la la.
    Whom do you think who sees the extraordinary sides? the supernatural side?
    When a person doesn't understand something complex then he thinks that the subject is unknown, unknowable, uncaused or false.

Ditto, take time to read and ponder concerning mysticism's evolution, empirical science and scientific studies.
    Finding an explanation with science often involves hard work and analysis.
    they prefer the shortcut method... not the scientific method. hehe

you guys are such war freaks.

first of all, why don't we define MIRACLE? let's start from there. there are many definitions of MIRACLE. it could be divine or not divine.

MIRACLE, according to princeton:

-are any amazing or wonderful occurrence.
    -a marvellous event manifesting a supernatural act of a divine agent.

IMO, our human body is a miracle in and of itself. it is AMAZING how each of our organs function to keep our body working. the brain alone is very complex and amazing. that 3 lbs. little thing inside your skull is a highly complex organ capable of reasoning, logic, intelligence, etc. that to me is a MIRACLE in every sense of the word.

^ Yes!

I think the word here is used more as an expression rather than as something to describe a supernatural phenomena.

But I agree. When I was studying Anatomy and Physiology in college, I was always awed by how the human body works. It's so amazing! I felt as though it's no exaggeration at all to say that we are indeed walking, talking, living miracles!

* Double post.

Thats what you believe, you're right base in your belief.

gawd of the gaps.
    The main fault, suppositions for a subject means that can't be known.

^ What do you mean bro?

The obvious main fault of gawd of the gaps is its supposition that current lack of knowledge on a subject means that it can’t be known, that unknown means unknowable.

If this applies to an individual, it’s the argument from personal incredulity, because a person doesn't understand something then he thinks that the subject must be unknown, unknowable, or false.

It's always ok to say we don't know or i don't know when faced to a subject that you, yourself don't know or unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by nikxz unÖ View Post
    The obvious main fault of gawd of the gaps is its supposition that current lack of knowledge on a subject means that it can’t be known, that unknown means unknowable.

If this applies to an individual, it’s the argument from personal incredulity, because a person doesn't understand something then he thinks that the subject must be unknown, unknowable, or false.

It's always ok to say we don't know or i don't know when faced to a subject that you, yourself don't know or unknown.
    this isn't absolute. the "brain" example, for one, can indicate that just because a scientist's knowledge can't go beyond the brain's complexity, doesn't mean he can't study its physiology.

yes, it's ok to say "i don't know", but again, it's not always the case. an atheist, for example, may have studied several aspects of religion, but then concludes that supernatural beings are indeed non-existent.

Still, bro, one can still look at the workings of the human body and be awed by how it works. I can still say it's nothing less than a miracle that the body works the way it does. It's marvelous.

at chad_tukes:

So whats your point?

I love The Simpson btw's.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast