Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Filipino couple to leave daughter in Japan

Filipino couple to leave daughter in Japan

Agence France-Presse
    First Posted 14:56:00 03/13/2009

Filed Under: Immigration, Family
    Most Read
    TOKYO -- A Filipino couple in Japan Friday agreed to follow a deportation order but will leave their 13-year-old daughter behind in a case that has attracted much public sympathy here, their lawyer said.

The couple faces deportation because they entered the country on false passports nearly 17 years ago, but they had pleaded to be allowed to stay so their Japan-born daughter could finish her schooling in the country.

Japanese authorities have pressed the parents to leave the country. They detained the 36-year-old father Arlan Cruz Calderon this week and warned that all three would be repatriated unless the parents were to leave voluntarily.

The daughter, Noriko, who was born in Japan and only speaks Japanese, will now stay in the country with the relatives of her mother, 38, while the parents plan to leave Japan on April 13, lawyer Shogo Watanabe told Agence France-Presse.

More than 20,000 people in Japan have signed a petition asking the government to allow all three to stay.

The case has attracted the attention of Amnesty International as well as the UN Human Rights Council, which has asked for information about the case.

Source: Philippine Daily Inquirer

---Kalouy pud , daghan man guro ni ani nga case

Blog Entries
    daghan gud bai. pero the parents deserve a second chance. and should have just be fined or re-apply for a passport and legal entry since 17 years na sila naa didto. i feel sorry gud sa family.

Blog Entries
    they violated the law. bisag maluoy ta nila, naa silay tulobagon.
    kung hatagan sila ug chance, tanan nga ni sulod sa Japan illegally will use their experience to gain sympathy and be rewarded second chances.

mao ng daghan mogara kay daghan kaayong mga malooy/mga buotan....

so, kung daghan tao mag ingon ana, musogt nalang diay na pirmi ang japan kay daghan malooy?

diha raba na magsugod after giving a second chance, mo abuso dayon.

nganung gipa-abot paman na nila ug 17 years oi,
    pagsakop nga fake passport, ipadeport dayon!!

opinion ko lang

ang ilang daughter kabalo na mo tagalog.. just to gain sympathy lang...

Quote Originally Posted by k.A.i View Post
    [B]

nganung gipa-abot paman na nila ug 17 years oi,
    pagsakop nga fake passport, ipadeport dayon!!

opinion ko lang

You got the point. Mahibulong sad ta ngano naka-abot sila ana kadugaya nga wa sakspi. You cannot move in Japan without showing your proper papers if you are a gaijin. You want a phone, you need a gaijin card. You need to rent a place, you show your gaijin card. Your give birth, damn if they will not ask for your gaijin card. So I don't know what happen here. It's either the laxity of the government or the foolishness of the couple.

aw naa man jud consequences sa tanan nato nga decissions & thats part of
    what they've decided 17yrs ago...so for me its worth if ipa deport na sila..it
    was there choice in the first place anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by joshua259 View Post
    daghan gud bai. pero the parents deserve a second chance. and should have just be fined or re-apply for a passport and legal entry since 17 years na sila naa didto. i feel sorry gud sa family.

yes i agree.. they should be given a 2nd chance

luoy mn cla oi but the law is sitll the law.

definitely.

di ko mu tuo na di na kahibaw mu tagalog ang bata. grabe pod. both her parents are pinoys gud. pinoy to pinoy conversations in japan are spoken in filipino. naa pa'y mas daghan sa Japan and other countries where TnTs have stayed longer than 2 decades without getting caught.

for me gani, i don't see any reason why the kid should stay. her parents violated the law. some people have to live with punishments why should they be spared? and it's not like any of them would go to prison or something, diba?

having lived in japan that long, it's expected that they've earned enough to make a decent living here in pinas, unless if they never thought of leaving that country.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast