Default MASTERALS through the University of the Phiilppines (UP-Cebu) or any other Gov't Univ

Anyone here has any idea on taking up a master's course through the University of the Philippines or any other Government University?

I'm planning to take some units on UP's Master's in Business Management. If anyone knows how to go about in doing this (or have already done this) it would be very much appreciated if you share some insights.

Just a background of my current situation, I have already passed Ateneo's MBA-Regis entrance exam and USC's entrance exam as well. After doing a lot of research and "meditation", I have come to realized that most (but i'm pretty sure this should be ALL instead of MOST) private school's in this country are just out to make courses to get money regardless of where their students go after graduating so I have come to the conclusion that I might as well be with a governemnt university if I won't be able to study in a first world country yet.

So, anyone?

wala gyud maka share diha?

well UP is indeed a good school, and not to mention, i think the flagship course right now of UPcebu is management, although the dept. of comsci is also a "center of excellence" but generally all the programs there are good.

just go to UP cebu and inquire about the masters in management program. but generally, it really is different in UP, the teachers won't be as nice to you because they're underpaid (if u compare the salaries of up professors and other univ professors).

in the end, always remember that the school isn't everything and it doesn't mean that just because you graduate from UP or you're studying in UP you're way above the rest.

also, you better inquire ASAP if you are interested to catch up with any requirements, remember this is a government school, enrollment and the general processes take a looong time to finish.

thanks for the reply pruzchett... I am mature enough to know how to study things on my own so no worries with the expectations from the professors (i just need them to whip my butt a little to get what they/the subject needs)....

I'll call them today first...

5.    Advertisement