Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chef / Culinary Arts TALK

Lisod sa among mga high volume purchasers and users kay we dont have the cooler space sa flour na sinako other than the dry storage room na room temps lang .

Speakin of temperature ,to avoid the dreaded FBI ( food bourne illness ) , follow the 4 hour rule . If the food is registering temperatures of 40 degrees F and 140 degrees F for more than 4 hours , discard it to be safe .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

i'm not a chef nor am i a culinaray arts student. but i definitely love to cook because it's second to my favorite activity, eating (italian, filipino, american, japanese... basta food).

most of my favorite shows are on the food network. my fave chef is mario batali and on another channel before, james barber (urban peasant).
    i like italian style cooking and use a lot of olive oil and herbs whenever i make something. i enjoy baking and grilling too.

@ JUMPSZILLA .. welcome to our small community of iSTORYANS who shares the passion for cooking as a career . hobby and maybe just for fun !!

I can probably make you melt when you can taste my penne pasta with alfredo sauce with white wine and sauteed mushrooms topped with shrimp scampi . Hehehe joke ra ... kamao lang ko mo kaon ana !!!
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

oh man, you had me going for a second, springfield. hehehe

i recently tried making potato au gratin for my siblings and myself. it was more of an experiment really after reading through several recipes online. while the oven was heating i just cut the potatoes into 1/8 inch slices and then added them to cream that was heating in a pan. after the cream started to bubble i seasoned with pepper, sale and added some oregano. the whole thing goes into an oven-proof dish and then topped with lots of grated cheese. showved the whole thing into the oven till the cheese crusts over. hehe. it was great; devoured in 15 minutes.

Blog Entries

what is most preferable as bakeware...glass(pyrex), ekco baking pans, or the new kind of pans - rubber?

ganahan ko sa glass but a bit more expensive and heavy on the budget. with the ekco baking pans, easy ra sa bulsa...but, kadugayan mo taya. haven't tried the rubber pans though...

how to keep the pans rust-free?

any thoughts on this? ....

i would prefer glass because i think it is the material that has the least chance of having a chemical reaction with what you put in it. i think rubber isn't that good an idea for cooking. i've heard of silicon bake/cookware though but that stuff is way high priced.

to prevent rust on the pans, i dry them right away after use. i think using them regularly is the best prevention because leaving my pans idle tends to let rust develop. does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

With regards on rust in pans in general .... I never encountered one because I dont cook at home , sa trabaho lang hehehe .... we just use regular hotel pans and sheetpans when baking or roasting . Ive used PYREX for a long time but sa akong mama man to ... I guess mas mahal but worry free like what JUMP said about reactions of the heat and the metal chemicals .

Similar to any type of melons ( cantaloupe , honey dew or watermelon ) basta na hiwa na ni siya .. it has to be consume right away because of that certain acid sa prutas na mo react sa metal sa kutsilyo that will cause evil bacteria ( hehehe ) mo sanay and make people sick .

hahaha, evil bacteria.

i like pyrex too; it gives me a feeling of nostalgia (mom used pyrex). hmm... i do want to try silicon though.

Blog Entries

springy...padad-i ko diri bi..pasalubong :mrgreen: ...ingna tiklah mangayo ko pyrex...hahaha...lol

bitaw mahalan man gud kaayo ko ug pyrex ...how i wish...

i found this available... [img width=250 height=150]http://store1.yimg.com/I/comfort_1885_16896795[/img]
    hamilton beach 18 quart roaster oven

nindot ni siya ug resulta kung mag roast?

i have no doubts that roasts will come out nice using that but we could substitute with a good old turbo broiler.

which reminds me, i have been 2-3 years without one...

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast