Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Quote Originally Posted by Wynna View Post
    I found one in one of the Japanese surplus shops here in Cebu, they're selling it for 8k , it;s not the authentic one though, but looks like the real one, kuwang ra sa ba-id
    just be careful. not all swords that came from japan are useable for martial arts practice. hell, they become dangerous if sharpened and may cause injury or death. If you found it unsharpened, let it be. it was created not sharp for a purpose. Chances are, 70% what you found is a mogito, or wall decor sword where the blade is made of cheap cast iron,not full tang, lots of synthetic parts. 29.9% it is a iaito for Iaido practice where the blade is solid iron/ aluminum alloy, full tang, blade thinner than a full katana, certainly not meant for cutting as it would break if subjected to impact. .1% it could be real. but then again, there are lots of fake stuff. the fact that it is unsharpened is already a red flag.

Wow interesting thread!! Naa koy gihimo home made na katana nangopya ra ko sa internet forums pod hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
    just be careful. not all swords that came from japan are useable for martial arts practice. hell, they become dangerous if sharpened and may cause injury or death. If you found it unsharpened, let it be. it was created not sharp for a purpose. Chances are, 70% what you found is a mogito, or wall decor sword where the blade is made of cheap cast iron,not full tang, lots of synthetic parts. 29.9% it is a iaito for Iaido practice where the blade is solid iron/ aluminum alloy, full tang, blade thinner than a full katana, certainly not meant for cutting as it would break if subjected to impact. .1% it could be real. but then again, there are lots of fake stuff. the fact that it is unsharpened is already a red flag.

swords are generally very dangerous! I think you need to use special tips to store it in the house

Quote Originally Posted by Marry5555 View Post
    swords are generally very dangerous! I think you need to use special tips to store it in the house
    I am totally agree with you

I agree. Not all swords are generally of good quality. you need to look carefully before anything worthwhile. A huge number of times I overpayed for goods that fell into disrepair after a short time. I should have tried to find Best Medieval Longsword https://bismarckmetalcraft.com/longswords/

6.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678