Page 1 of 139 123411 ... LastLast

Default International Plastic Modelers Society-Cebu

Is there a club or a society here in Cebu on plastic scale modeling like aircraft, ships, tanks, figures and any other? In NCR they have IPMS - Bert Anido, we should have like this in Cebu.

I have been collecting scale model airplane, ships, tanks and figures for more than 10 years mostly in 1/48th scale, 1/350th scale, and 1/35th scale respectively. These are mixed from WWII to modern vintage.

Maybe in this organization, we can share ideas, references, model kits and even group builds on different subjects.

For those interested to organize a group in Cebu (IPMS), please sign in and lets get started.

Elite Member
    Consider me in. I'm still a rank amateur, so it would be great to learn from veterans like you. I'm building a model right now and tutelage would be much appreciated. My only qualification would be as a certifiable aviation nut.

-Kevin

I'm glad to hear you. Maybe we can meet in Tamiya Ayala Cebu. I'll be asking some of the modelers that used to shop in their store to join our group.

You can invite some of your friends to join. For references, check this out, IPMSPHILIPPINES.

Please check your PM.
    Last edited by messerchtmitt; 01-27-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Addon

UP for more queries!

Quote Originally Posted by messerchtmitt View Post
    UP for more queries!
    Hi ya!

I'm actually a member of IPMS Philippines -BAC

Been inactive though since I got assigned here last August 2006.

I'm Fokker in the IPMS-BAC though I haven't been active lately.

I mostly buy kits like 1/24 Cars from FUJIMI and AOSHIMA

I'm still an amateur though. Haven't completed a model for a year now.

This was my last attempt...sigh!

1/24 Fujimi Initial D Godfoot's R34

When I painted it, I realized that the color is too green..sigh! I'm still going to order that elusive Milleium Jade color of his car.

The guys in the Military Scale Models thread,,,I think they can help in making a Cebu Modeler's Society come true.

Nice to hear you. I have been forum member of Bert Anido chapter. Cebu is far from NCR, I find myself very expensive in going there to meet other members especially the group build.

I'm into military scale model more on the aircraft because of rich history.

I've been longing to have one here in the Visayas since we don't have it here. Someday we can meet in person and talk about the society.

Thank you.

By the way, nice car you have. Please post it when you've done it.

Up ta ani.

Elite Member
    I also signed up for IPMS-Bert Anido several weeks ago. I also scour the Fine Scale Modeler forums every now and then.

Messerschmitt, do you pre-shade before painting? That's the next step for my Corsair. It's on hold for the next three weeks or so while I'm away in Manila. I'm also looking at what would be a good weathering technique for the plane. Would be interested to know what your favorite weathering technique is, especially with chipped paint.

A few years ago, I read an article on FSM that featured weathering with salt. I tried it out on a Tamiya 1/48 Zero. It worked really nicely, except that when I sprayed on a final coat, everything turned white. I had to abandon the project.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 139 123411 ... LastLast