Page 36 of 207 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

Default Re: Asa nindot puy-an or suroyan: Cebu or Davao?

Quote Originally Posted by ^-^ eLay ^-^
    nalingaw ko ug suroy sa cebu khit 1day lng,kya lng mg-cge ra pud lagi ko ug bantay sa mga kawatan lagi...hehehe
    maayo pa davao way kawatan, tulisan ra..

Quote Originally Posted by jimskii
    maayo pa davao way kawatan, tulisan ra..
    Robbers victimize Davao City athletes in Mati

CITY OF MATI, Davao Oriental -- Members of the Davao City track and field team fell prey to thieves after losing five units of cellular phones and P3,500 cash at their quarters inside the Mati Comprehensive National High School here Friday dawn.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/dav...s.in.mati.html

tanang lugar naay kawatan...

Default DAVAO for FREE

hi!

as i said before, i was born and raised in davao.

some comments that i've read were funny but true...

first, everything seems to be far...going to the mall...etc...This is a reality because of Davao's land area (2,444 square kilometers), I think one of the biggest in the world (?). so, a car is absolutely essential if you have to go to certain spots like the Philippine Eagle Sanctuary and such. You can also get there by public transport. But this would be less convenient.

second, it can be expensive...if you choose to go the the expensive areas and places.(see my previous comment on March 7 if money is not an issue.

if you would rather enjoy but not spend so much, here are my recommendations:
    - BEAUTIFUL VIEWS - Shrine of Prague (Matina) - to see the gulf of Davao. Cost: Free
    - BEAUTIFUL VIEWS - Jack's Ridge (Matina) - to see the metropolis. Cost: Free if you don't eat at any of the restaurants.
    - OTHER FREE SPOTS: San Pedro Church (the most beloved Catholic Church in this city, the roof is shaped like the wings of a dove). Rizal Park (lots of lights and glitter at
    night). Volcanic sand beaches dotting Talomo district.
    - NIGHTLIFE: Lots of live bands near Davao City High School area. No entrance fee. Food and drinks are cheap.
    - SEAFOOD: Tell the taxi driver you want to go to the BOULEVARD. They can give you the best advice on best places for kinilaw (raw fish/grilled pork bathed in vinegar),
    panga, etc.
    - ACTIVITIES FOR FREE: I love running. I can do this thru the many hills in GSIS Matina, along the seashores extending from Matina Aplaya and downwards.

Maybe a few more Davaoenos can give you advice for the best value for your money. The most important thing is to let your tourist guide (or any locals) know how
    much you are willing to spend for anything.

third, crime.

- davao is one of the safest places to live. but remember that like cebu, it is a city. so crime will always exist, even if it's just sporadic. when I was growing up there during the
    MARCOS era, davao would be the worst place to live. dead bodies could be found everywhere because of military versus civilian confrontations. hearing gunshots in the
    morning, noon, and night was routine. bombings occur, and usually, they were done by CHRISTIANS. I am still a practicing Catholic, and let me just clarify that most Muslim
    neighbors and locals in Davao are peace-loving and just like to sell to make money. akyat bahays do exist. holdups do happen. pickpockets do thrive. I only had personal
    experience with being pickpocketed when I was 12 years old, while I was playing billiards with classmates. My wallet was gone after the game. But then, my cash money was
    in my pocket so no harm was done.

- all that i mentioned was how davao city was BEFORE.

- as i said, davao is one of the safest places to live NOW. Although I call Los Angeles home, I would still prefer to live and retire in davao because I feel safer there than
    any other city in the world. But then, I was raised there so I may have some preferential treatment for the land of my youth.

Since Duterte became city mayor, most of Davao's crime problems have been reduced to almost ZERO. Most crime lords have left the city because the mayor targeted
    them first. Next to the are the petty criminals. You will seldom hear pickpockets or hold-uppers in the news. THEY STILL HAPPEN, but only SELDOM.

Bombings CAN still happen. But it can happen anywhere else. For example, I was lucky enough to have left AN HOUR EARLY before Glorietta Mall in Makati got bombed
    again this year. People usually blame the Muslims for everything. But as I said, usually, they are the most peaceful people I know. I don't love them. I don't have any
    Muslim friends personally. But I think we should treat them with equal respect because above all, THEY ARE FILIPINOS, too.

fourth,

- davao tourism is centered on ecological tourism. Because of the area's natural gifts: Mount Apo, Davao Gulf, Samal Island, NO TYPHOONS, well-manicured golf courses,
    it may not appeal to everyone. But then, the whole point of visiting a new place is to experience its uniqueness and delights.

Come to Davao with an open heart, and you'll experience the warmth of its locals.

I do the same when I go to a different place, whether it be Bangkok, Amsterdam, or Athens. I don't compare it with Davao or Los Angeles. There is no such thing as a BETTER PLACE. There are just places that YOU LOVE. I love Davao, and I'll tell you all the great things about my city if you just ask.

i've been to davao and it's really a clean place..but i would love to stay here in cebu where my home is..

safe sa davao kau mora man ug sementeryo sa gabii.

maayo pa di na lang i-compare ang cebu ug davao. wa may comparison kay layo na kaayo ang naabtan sa cebu in terms of progress and urbanization.

it's like comparing mactan and camotes in terms of progress.

1. daghan jud job opportunities,
    2. good schools/ universities
    3. Equipped Hospitals
    4. its already highly urbanize pero dli pa congested.
    5. Daghan ug happenings for those who likes night life
    6. Lots of places to go to to relax. Daghan pa countryside you can go to if u want to explore nature.( Beaches!)

So para na ko ideal ghapon mupuyo Cebu. Pero Nice man sad sa Davao. Depende ra jud na , To Each His Own...

Cebu,#1 tourist destination in the country!

Elite Member

if suroy. cebu jd

Quote Originally Posted by taga_ipil
    Robbers victimize Davao City athletes in Mati

CITY OF MATI, Davao Oriental -- Members of the Davao City track and field team fell prey to thieves after losing five units of cellular phones and P3,500 cash at their quarters inside the Mati Comprehensive National High School here Friday dawn.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/dav...s.in.mati.html

tanang lugar naay kawatan...

naa diay gihapoy kawatan, ingon tulisan ra naa sa davao. heheheeeh

I've seen in this thread some of the most annoying, immature, obnoxious e-characters I've encountered so far. kung ingon ana mga tao anang lugara (which really shows how they carry their attitude just by reading their post) I will never consider that place to be a better place to live.

Pwera saway lang ha but by my experience dinha nako nabantayan sa Cebu mga klase sa tao nga grabe kalibakero ug intrigero (& plastic kay mungisi in front of the victim) but kung tanawon pud nimo ang mga nanaway walay ligo ug batig nawong (tinuod ni no exaggeration). But for fairness syempre there are few who are not like that and I met them among the more noble too, murag sila nibawi sa kangilad sa uban.

Although dili man pud perfect mga tao diri sa Davao but at least in my opinion they're a bit tolerable, open minded and civilized to compare with. They werent judged 5th in Asia as best in human resource for nothing.

11.    Advertisement