Page 132 of 221 FirstFirst ... 122129130131132133134135142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2206

Thread: Boracay

ahem.. wala lage ko gi replyan!?

Default How much ang budget para trip to boracay?

Anybody naay idea on how much ang price going to boracay?
    Last edited by guryo123; 05-21-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: changes

That depends whether you'll go there during peak or off-peak season. For the cheapest airfare book during airline promos. For accommodation, you can find budget rooms for rent. We went there during the Holy week which is considered as super peak season and we were able to get a room for 2500 for 4 pax.

ad2 og mga agency,,basin naa cla mga promo

planning on going there but how much ang budget for 2 people? soooo excited.... ahihihihi.....

excited to go to bora..next weekend..first gid..heheheh.. cheers.. anyone going aswell pra kita2x ta ngadto taga cebu..heheheh

i started the thread "boracay please, not bora" and for me it's not "gamay na butang."

"What’s one more syllable to pronounce anyway??

i dont mind boracay being called "bora" AS LONG AS IT IS NOT used for promotional and advertisement materials. reason being that i do not want the island to be confused with "Bora bora" in the tourism market. most high end foreign tourists think Bora is Bora Bora...not Boracay...while it may be hip ..locally or nationally, its confusing from a foreign marketing perspective.

so if you're with your friends, call it "bora" all you want. as for me, I always call the island by its full name BoraCAY. A lot of local residents do not like the slang shortform..they are offended by its use. (Bora was coined by the Maka and Mani people who wanted to bring the city to the sea. it's trendy for them, it's trashy for me.)

I think its better to use the entire name. first, as a common courtesy to local residents and secondly to avoid confusion with other destinations.i am a proud member of this advocacy, and i will wear our shirt with my head held high knowing i am doing the Aklanons a favor in promoting their island correctly.

Now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, I shall be going to BoraCAY again with friends in 3 months. cant wait.

p.s.
    if there's one thing i'm happy about, it's that not many Cebuanos call Boracay, "bora" . hooray.

ok well noted on above..its should be boracay.... : ) thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by hplar View Post
    excited to go to bora..next weekend..first gid..heheheh.. cheers.. anyone going aswell pra kita2x ta ngadto taga cebu..heheheh
    enjoy Boracay! Make sure to try Jonah's fruitshake along station 1 and the chorizo burger.

Quote Originally Posted by plush View Post
    i started the thread "boracay please, not bora" and for me it's not "gamay na butang."

"What’s one more syllable to pronounce anyway??

i dont mind boracay being called "bora" AS LONG AS IT IS NOT used for promotional and advertisement materials. reason being that i do not want the island to be confused with "Bora bora" in the tourism market. most high end foreign tourists think Bora is Bora Bora...not Boracay...while it may be hip ..locally or nationally, its confusing from a foreign marketing perspective.

so if you're with your friends, call it "bora" all you want. as for me, I always call the island by its full name BoraCAY. A lot of local residents do not like the slang shortform..they are offended by its use. (Bora was coined by the Maka and Mani people who wanted to bring the city to the sea. it's trendy for them, it's trashy for me.)

I think its better to use the entire name. first, as a common courtesy to local residents and secondly to avoid confusion with other destinations.i am a proud member of this advocacy, and i will wear our shirt with my head held high knowing i am doing the Aklanons a favor in promoting their island correctly.

Now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, I shall be going to BoraCAY again with friends in 3 months. cant wait.

p.s.
    if there's one thing i'm happy about, it's that not many Cebuanos call Boracay, "bora" . hooray.
    count me in bro... boracay is boracay... majority of the people now love to call things, places or people their initials...

11.    Advertisement