Thread: Pet Shop Boys

Default Pet Shop Boys

Hi,

Just wanted to start a thread to discuss and honour this British duo who have been around since the beginning 80s. In my view, I think they are the best group that has ever sung, written, and produced music that truly has showcased their talent and creativity in the music industry.

I wonder how many cebuanos here share my view. Please feel free to comment and add more to this thread.

Default About The Pet Shop Boys

The Pet Shop Boys survived one-hit wonder status after the mega success of "West End Girls" by bringing elegant melancholy, ironic humor and cinematic orchestrations to electronic Euro-Dance. While Chris Lowe handles the BPMs and all the electronic gadgets, much of their success is due to Neil Tennant, who has a detached, John Lennon-esque vocal style and a love of such downbeat troubadours as Joni Mitchell and Neil Young. While the excellent Behavior (1990) got them as far away from the dancefloor as they are ever likely to go, Nightlife sounds unimaginatively like the modern disco their critics believe them to hack out.

Source : Pet Shop Boys website Pet Shop Boys : the official site

Pet Shop Boys have sold more than 50 million records worldwide. Since 1986, they have had 39 Top 30 singles and 22 Top 10 hits in the UK, including four Number Ones: "West End Girls," "It's a Sin," "Always on My Mind," and "Heart."

The duo has finally finished the recording of their forthcoming album, entitled Yes. Both Neil and Chris are quoted as saying, "It is due to come out on March 23rd, 2009."

Source: Wikipedia

4.    Advertisement