Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

no such thing as overcharging with lithion-ion batteries. these type of batteries have built in protective circuits that shut off power when the battery is full. what kills lithium-ion batteries is fully discharging it!
    The only reason one should run the laptop using battery power only is when there is no power outlet nearby available or you just want the convenience of using the laptop without the wires. I have a desktop replacement laptop and have always used the battery with the ac adapter plugged in all the time(Only used battery when I was on a plane.). Running for at least 8 hrs daily and sometimes running for 6 days continously. I'ts going to be 1 yr old next month and battery performance is still the same as it was brand new. I still can get about 1 hr heavy gaming on just battery.

Laptops charge batteries by means of float charging.
    Unless somethings wrong with your charger or battery,
    it will trickle charge.

Quote Originally Posted by dookiexave View Post
    ^^sir paumart, libog ko gamay.. am if you are asking me if i experience heat in my laptop, normal man tingali na nga naay medyo warm ang board tingali.. not taht sure though.. hehe.. pro i do have a fan/cooler pad hinuon most of the time..
    Yeah its normal raman ang heating but as I observe if naa battery ako notebook and naka plug-in ang adoptor the same time mas taas man ang iya temperature. Mao to na if fully charge na ako Battery ako tangalon and mag power supply ra sad ko. I just used my batteries when I go Moblie, and wa raman blema ako notebook mo 2 years na ni hapit payter pa man.

Quote Originally Posted by paumart View Post
    Yeah its normal raman ang heating but as I observe if naa battery ako notebook and naka plug-in ang adoptor the same time mas taas man ang iya temperature. Mao to na if fully charge na ako Battery ako tangalon and mag power supply ra sad ko. I just used my batteries when I go Moblie, and wa raman blema ako notebook mo 2 years na ni hapit payter pa man.
    Removing it from the notebook protects it from the heat.
    But it is not good to store battery at full charge.
    At 40% charge is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by moz_k2 View Post
    Removing it from the notebook protects it from the heat.
    But it is not good to store battery at full charge.
    At 40% charge is ok.
    Bro you mean detaching battery from the notebook at 100% full charge is not advisable?

What is the reason behind this can you explain?

ayaw na lang na hilabti ang battery basin nya madisgrasya na inyong laptop sa cge ninyo'g tangtang. i agree with lokster. hehehe mas gitagaan pa hinoon ug gibug-aton ang battery kaysa laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by paumart View Post
    Bro you mean detaching battery from the notebook at 100% full charge is not advisable?

What is the reason behind this can you explain?
    Its actually storing the battery for long period at 100% charge.
    That's one drawback of li-ion batteries.

you can read it here:
    Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lokster View Post
    no it will not overcharge. the battery isnt being used if its plugged in and full battery. its only being used if the current stops and when its charging. its that simple.

DONOT use the laptop without the battery because it doubles as a power surge controller, kung blackout your battery will take over. kung no battery and black out the laptop will crash, worse because of the power surge could fry some components. dont worry about your battery being over charged.

also the more you use lithium ion batteries the better. they dont have memory charge and you can charge it whenever however.
    thanx for the advise.

9.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12