Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6471727374757677 ... LastLast

Default Re: Internet Cafe Biz 101: Issues and Inquiries~

wala hinuon ko games kay wala ko nagbutang og wine.....usually mga paper works man lang og surfing ang sa akoa pero rock solid ha atleast well secured ko sa mga weakness sa windows(virus and etc...)...og mga clients nako kay naganahan man pod sila kay paspas daw ang inet nako wala mga filters or AV or mga memory hogs nga apps parehas sa windows....

usahay kanang mga walk-ins mangita og yahoo messenger pero gi-introduce lang nako ang gyachi lipay man pod kay makabalo sila kinsa offline-online-invisible nila nga contact og dili bloated pero i use ekiga to call yahoo contacts hinuon which is sometimes straining sa mga clients but anyway so far so good......nganga gud sila tungod sa compiz-fusion sa ubuntu 7.10/8.04 matod pa nila na-combine ang fx sa vista og mac....

ako lang masulti nga depende siguro sa lugar ang market sa inet shop parehas sa amoa nga halos inet lang ang gikabuangan sa mga bata...atleast migo lang gihapon mi sa akong silingan kay gaming man iyaha nya akoa inet and surfing man og paper works

very challenging ang linux para sa akoa kay ako ra tanan ang gasetup sa akong inet shop wala tech nga ni tabang....and less expenses og maintenance ang inet nako...gamay ra akong unit nagstart pa ko karon 7units hinayhinay padaghan nya hinayhinay kamang padolong sa commercial area gamit gihapon ang linux OS kay supporter man ko sa open source......

hope it works!!!

That's eye opening sir

At least naay naka-testify nga posible mo-work ang Linux sa i-cafe

I'm a bit encouraged and will possibly try 2 workstations karong abli sa klase

Thanks sa insight!!!

btw timer nako niwork na gyud sa kadaghang attempt nga ma-install ang CAFE CON LECHE sa Ubuntu 8.04

for those inet shop nga linux tapos nagkinahanglan og timer just pm me lang para sa guide unsaon pag-install ang CAFE CON LECHE.........its free study pa lang ko unsaon pagrun sa winXP ani nga timer basta naa gamay time

I used to be a part owner of an icafe near a school. We started with 15 units. Our pricing was P 20 per hour for internet usage and P15 for games. Business went fine until our competitors started offering 6 pesos per hour during off pick hours! To make the story short, we got out of it and sold our computers after 3 years. Most of my partners regretted ever venturing in that business but I guess except me, i kinda took it as a learning experience.

Right now Im still in this the "icafe" business but with a slightly different approach.

Here is one of my post on another thread. Forgive me if i just copy&paste but i think you'll get the idea. I posted this message coz someone asked on what is the good business that requires only 20k of capital, i felt compelled on sharing my experience so i posted below:

If you know how to install softwares(OS, games, etc.) into PC or know someone who does, you can start a business with just 20K or even less.

Kadungog naka sa computer nga hulog2x ug piso? Pero PC ang naa sa sulod sa wooden box? It's like having an icafe with virtually no OH cost (such as rent, the huge electric bill that goes with the airconditioning unit and salary). Since it is coin operated and unattended (no salary for cafe attendants) all you have to pay is the extra electric bill at around 200 per PC/month. And what's more exciting about this is that it is like starting your own icafe business One-PC-At-A-Time!! coz you dont have the huge Break-Even Point that goes with the traditional internet cafe business.

My Net Profit with this kind of business is P 5,000 per PC a month on average. The pricing is 1 peso=3minutes. That's P20 per hour (hehehe a lot better that most icafe pricing). As of now, I already have 8 units outside our house. Well, some of those are owned by my mother, sister & bros. They kinda like the idea of having their money work for them. (cheers to you richdad187)

The idea is pretty simple actually. Here's how I did it:

1. Installed all programs needed on PC (including all games)
    One PC unit costs me 13k. CPU is brandnew and Monitor I bought at Fastwin.

2. Had a wooden box enclosure built for the PC (with exaust fans so that my PC wont fry inside the box)
    One wooden box cost me 1 and a half sheet of 3/4 plyboard.

3. Put the timer and the coin slot.
    I think I can sell the preassembled timer to anyone interested to save you the hassle (Hmmm... another business venture hehehe) The coin slot, well you can buy it at any electronics store at down town area at P700 a piece or so. Or.. (another possible business venture ) you can get one from me, which is by the way, what I use now on my units (It can accept 3 different types of coin eg: 1 peso coin, 5 peso coin, & 10 peso coin (unlike the ones sold at those electronic stores). This can potentially save you from the hassle of ur customers having their coins changed.

4. Brought the unit outside our house and chained it so it wont get stolen

5. There it is: An "Unattended-Coin Operated PC" that's collecting all those coins in our neighborhood. hehehe

Bytheway, encase your wondering, i installed a program on my units that will shutdown the PC after the a period of time it remained idle so i dont have to turn it off myself when theirs no customer using it. I guess this tiny program makes my PC a truly unattended one.

PS. If your anticipating a problem on how to bring all those coins to the bank(a 5,000 worth of coins could be very heavy and takes a lot of time for a bank teller to count), you can call any Mcdonald's branch. They would love to change all your coins into bills and what's more they'll give you a value meal or two as a thank you gesture! hehehe

@netbox: bro i also have net cafe but planning to convert it just like yours...

Question: what is your contact number? any landline?

Quote Originally Posted by protek
    @netbox: bro i also have net cafe but planning to convert it just like yours...

Question: what is your contact number? any landline?
    email me nlang bro. netboxkiosks@yahoo.com

where can we get those online games... mga posters?... unsa man ang click nga online games karon?

basin nhan mo palit ug coin oprated na timer... click the link if nhan mo thanks!

[img width=312 height=500]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/bianxladyosa/flyercopy.jpg[/img]

nalingaw sad ko read nyo opinions, at least i learned a bit bout internet biz...

Thumbs up internet cafe setup in lapu-lapu..

If your planning to invest an internet cafe here in lapu-lapu, we have special buget packages for numbers of pc's.. cafe manager sw, online games and others are included in the package. pls txt to 09065007058 for inquires...

11.    Advertisement

Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6471727374757677 ... LastLast