Page 1 of 140 123411 ... LastLast

Default Book Fellas (Open-to-all Reading Club)

Hello Simoen and others.

I wanted to reply to your messages in a previous thread but thought that when I reply I better have more useful information to share like how to start and operate a book club. I've searched the internet for it and found exactly that - some tips on setting up and running a book club. I've kept the idea in my head for many days and never lost my interest in it. I'm very excited and enthusiastic about forming or joining a book club (if there's an existing one).

But I think it's best to start with friends or people you know. Naghuna-huna ko na mag-start ko with my friends in the Singles For Christ community, of which I am a member. There has never been a book club in the whole SFC community before, as far as I know, and it's very exciting to start such a group there. Gwapo kaayo nga idea ang book club, I think it will encourage people to get into the habit of reading, which is a very good thing.

Since it's a Christian community, we'll possibly focus on Christian books, pero murag gamay ra man sa amo tig-basa ug Christian books, ironically enough. Mas maayo jud kung mas-wide amu preference -- literature, history, politics, etc.

I encourage everyone to start their own book club! Read the link above for some very helpful and exciting ideas.
    Last edited by josephdc; 06-25-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Default Starting a book club

good idea. maybe i could borrow books from the rest of ya here. lol :mrgreen: cant afford to buy em myself..

I do believe that joining a book club would definitely be a very enriching experience.

The thought of it is refreshing and exciting. Something new to tickle our minds. Count me in!

hi guys! yup, we can cover all genres nmn. well, we could form one here in istorya like istorya's book club. i know pinoy exchange has its own book club. nindot ka if when daghan na ta we could meet and gather and discuss books, etc . 3 pa man ta ... let's wait for more

naay qualifications to be a member?kinahanglan dyud writer?I can say wa man gud ko ani na talent....reader ra man gud ko and researcher.....

Quote Originally Posted by daniel222888
    naay qualifications to be a member?kinahanglan dyud writer?I can say wa man gud ko ani na talent....reader ra man gud ko and researcher.....

apir ta sir daniel, duha na ta.... wa sad ko ani nga talent

apir!

Quote Originally Posted by daniel222888
    naay qualifications to be a member?kinahanglan dyud writer?
    for me, dapat none para sad pwede ka join tanan

so wen man ni sugdan

should we vote on which book to read?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 140 123411 ... LastLast