Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by miel View Post
    Ateneo "Öne Big FART"

Rektikano, Keene Keena. La Salle RAH!
    Green Blooded All the Way...
    go VL SALLE!!! hahaha!

Ateneo may have the best players in the league and they may have the highest standing in the season but i think the green archers will still bury one arrow in the heart of the blue eagle.
    La Salle's strategy is not to get the best players from the draft or look for the the best freelanced players unlike Ateneo who have the best players coming from the junior level. La Salle picks players beased on what the team lacks. If they lack post up players they will get one, if they lack outside shooters they will find one. they just dont get players who are good but they look for players who will fit in the team. it is very seldom tha la salle players gets MVP because individually they are not as good as others but as a team they are the best. the best team with the best coach. La Salle will get their 7th title out of the 10 champioship apperance for the last 12 years or so. ""life is TAFT" go! green archers
    i beg to disagree. you are just saying that since vl salle was unable to snag this year's biggest rookie. fyi, vl salle was one of the schools who were courting ryan buenafe and buenafe chose ateneo. if what you're saying is true that vl salle isn't going for the best players on the junior level, then they wouldn't be courting arvie bringas of san sebastian right now... and oh, wasn't vl salle the school who pirated on of the top junior players by the name of bj manalo?

and if vl salle isn't really going after the best high school players, then why were they involved in the recruitment of ineligible players by faking their papers? and why are certain basketball players given "soft" academic courses to take, without any real obligation except to play full-time for the varsity team? hmm, probably the reason why yeo and cardona were unable to explain their courses in vl salle and would you care to explain the course "Bachelor in Sports and Recreation Management" specifically made for the basketball varsity? and if i'm not mistaken, the course is now changed to BA Degree in Sports Studies... care to share your thoughts on this?

GO ATENEO!!! ONE BIG FIGHT!!!

btaw bai.. they also inked brian ilad from psba jaguars.. he was the one who punched and got ejected in a uaap game..

Quote Originally Posted by emperadorse28 View Post
    nice.... go ateneo... when ang next nla nga duwa sayanga oi la ko kita na bc ko amf..!!
    game 2 is on thursday, 4PM... mayta makadaog na nya ang blue eaglets kay makadaog pud sa juniors game inag saturday kay para sweep sa ateneo ang men's basketball sa juniors ug seniors...

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!

photo courtesy of inboundpass.com - Covering Philippine college basketball / UAAP, NCAA, CCL

blue eagle ko

Quote Originally Posted by cryptkpr View Post
    go VL SALLE!!! hahaha!

i beg to disagree. you are just saying that since vl salle was unable to snag this year's biggest rookie. fyi, vl salle was one of the schools who were courting ryan buenafe and buenafe chose ateneo. if what you're saying is true that vl salle isn't going for the best players on the junior level, then they wouldn't be courting arvie bringas of san sebastian right now... and oh, wasn't vl salle the school who pirated on of the top junior players by the name of bj manalo?

and if vl salle isn't really going after the best high school players, then why were they involved in the recruitment of ineligible players by faking their papers? and why are certain basketball players given "soft" academic courses to take, without any real obligation except to play full-time for the varsity team? hmm, probably the reason why yeo and cardona were unable to explain their courses in vl salle and would you care to explain the course "Bachelor in Sports and Recreation Management" specifically made for the basketball varsity? and if i'm not mistaken, the course is now changed to BA Degree in Sports Studies... care to share your thoughts on this?

GO ATENEO!!! ONE BIG FIGHT!!!

courting players is normal for all teams esp when you are a championship franchise. everything you have quoted are something i cannot validate if true or not. but regarding the soft academic courses which you are implying to be bogus courses, these are 2 year courses offered by la salle's sister school (sort of) college of saint benilde (they even offered short couses like human resource management major in bartending) these short courses can easily be absorbed by la salle (main) and these are not courss that came from thin air. in my first 2 posts i didnt intend to say that la salle was the most ethical or moral school. i was clearly stating that la salle's strategy when it comes to making their team whole is by having complimenting players, since basketball is a team sport. again they are not eyeing players who are just good but also if they will be complimenting the team. simply put: if the best player in the junior year is a shooter and la salle already have the best shooter and they are in need of someone to control the boards they would let that opportunity pass and let other teams get that individual. in my subjective point of view this is not how norman black and coach pido dress up their roster. they simply wait for the next big thing player to come out of the junior league and they would gladly take them. la salle will court players if they lack and need players with this type of strength (shooting, post up, blocker, stealer). again, its not about morality its about the strategy.

and la salle will win bacause they have the most physically active players. they are like on steroids or sort. they run full court press anytime of the day. and that is also why people love to watch la salle games.

sorry i cant answer ur ethical issues beause this is not about morality. STRATEGY!

ONE BIG FART
    LA SALLE RAH!
    LIFE IS TAFT...

cryptkpr: unsa diay pasabot anang VL Salle?? kay naa pud ko nakit-an laing sites/ blogs ang la salle kay VL Salle...

Quote Originally Posted by edgeknife View Post
    cryptkpr: unsa diay pasabot anang VL Salle?? kay naa pud ko nakit-an laing sites/ blogs ang la salle kay VL Salle...
    as posted in a previous pic, dlsu mispelled "la salle" during last year's cheerdance competition, na-spell ug "AL SALLE" with "A" upside down, hence, the "vl salle" name... they made it easier this year by just spelling "DLSU". naglisud man spell sa ilang kaugalingon nga school name gud... hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by cryptkpr View Post
    as posted in a previous pic, dlsu mispelled "la salle" during last year's cheerdance competition, na-spell ug "AL SALLE" with "A" upside down, hence, the "vl salle" name... they made it easier this year by just spelling "DLSU". naglisud man spell sa ilang kaugalingon nga school name gud... hahaha!
    ah okey!! now i know.... hahaha thank you!!

courting players is normal for all teams esp when you are a championship franchise. everything you have quoted are something i cannot validate if true or not. but regarding the soft academic courses which you are implying to be bogus courses, these are 2 year courses offered by la salle's sister school (sort of) college of saint benilde (they even offered short couses like human resource management major in bartending) these short courses can easily be absorbed by la salle (main) and these are not courss that came from thin air. in my first 2 posts i didnt intend to say that la salle was the most ethical or moral school. i was clearly stating that la salle's strategy when it comes to making their team whole is by having complimenting players, since basketball is a team sport. again they are not eyeing players who are just good but also if they will be complimenting the team. simply put: if the best player in the junior year is a shooter and la salle already have the best shooter and they are in need of someone to control the boards they would let that opportunity pass and let other teams get that individual. in my subjective point of view this is not how norman black and coach pido dress up their roster. they simply wait for the next big thing player to come out of the junior league and they would gladly take them. la salle will court players if they lack and need players with this type of strength (shooting, post up, blocker, stealer). again, its not about morality its about the strategy.

and la salle will win bacause they have the most physically active players. they are like on steroids or sort. they run full court press anytime of the day. and that is also why people love to watch la salle games.

sorry i cant answer ur ethical issues beause this is not about morality. STRATEGY!

ONE BIG FART
    LA SALLE RAH!
    LIFE IS TAFT...
    i was reacting on your post that vl salle's strategy was not to get the best players out of HS because it is absolutely ridiculous. both ateneo and vl salle always go for the best HS players out there regardless of the personnel they have. i'd be using the example you provided about vl salle having the best shooter and not going for the best shooter in HS.

simply put: if the best player in the junior year is a shooter and la salle already have the best shooter and they are in need of someone to control the boards they would let that opportunity pass and let other teams get that individual.
    if this is even remotely true, vl salle wouldn't have recruited bj manalo. note that before manalo was recruited, vl salle already had, in my opinion, the best shooter in uaap basketball history by the name of ren2x ritualo.

your argument about not going for the best players in HS is absurd. all teams always go for the best player in HS and inject them in their system. every player only gets to play in the uaap for 5 years. even if a team already has the best shooter, it is logical to still go for the best shooter out of HS since it would always be a luxury to have to have 2 good shooters. to add to that, when the other player graduates, the team would still have another good shooter.

a team like vl salle, one with a rich basketball tradition, would NEVER let an opportunity of landing very good player out of HS pass. they would do just about anything to secure them. and this is where the morality issue comes in. they admitted to breaking the rules in having ineligible players in their roster. note that mark benitez was a HS standout (in JRU, i think) so they had to fake his papers in order to get him to study in la salle. and this is where the "soft" courses play their part. these were put up in order to accommodate the athlete-students...

i'd rather be BLUE than green... ONE BIG FIGHT!!!

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast