Default "Selection of Partition is on CD-ROM instead of HARD-DISK" problem...

hello,

Selection of Partition is on CD-ROM instead of HARD-DISK problem when installing XP from a bootable CD...
    has anyone encountered this too?
    how do i solve this problem?

thanks...

Default Re: "Selection of Partition is on CD-ROM instead of HARD-DISK" problem...

hhmmm.. weird... adto kuno sa imo bios nya i default tanan settings..

or basin na lito kas drive letter...heheh

Default Re: "Selection of Partition is on CD-ROM instead of HARD-DISK" problem...

yup... how'd you know its your Cd-drive? hehehe.... in XP setup it will only show harddrives before format and file copying. i have never came to the point that cd-drives are shown

Lisud na e-solve imo problem try lang ug ilis kanang lain nga installer (WIN-XP) kung naa kay extra. Try lang sad reset imo bios into default settings.

@ jay-r_

hmmm a bit weird...coz f ur on the partition screen u will only see the partition on the hard drive and u can't see the cdrom..

r u sure ur on the partition screen?or maybe u have multiple partitions dats y it's showing multiple drives maybe..

try using xp floppy bootdisk and make sure imong hdd nakita sa bios.

waaaa..
    thanks for all your suggestions...

but now, nothing shows up on my monitor...
    i guess my motherboard is done for.

hey, any of you have a p4- 478 socket motherboard? memory should support p400 DDR..

or does anyone know where i can have my CPU checked?

please PM me... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan22
    @ jay-r_

hmmm a bit weird...coz f ur on the partition screen u will only see the partition on the hard drive and u can't see the cdrom..

r u sure ur on the partition screen?or maybe u have multiple partitions dats y it's showing multiple drives maybe..

dude, it's totally weird...
    i don't even get it.. hehehe...

and i'm sure i'm on the partition screen...
    i only got one new hard drive too...

9.    Advertisement