Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

bilib ko nimo bai iof you know math instinctively! you know how to count instinctively! again as i said, instinct dows play a role, but it is the ability to think, to rationalize, to reason which is exactly what you are doing right now, that separates man from the other animals. in wars, corruption and violence, men chose to do so..it was their choice. instinct may have strarted it all..but they made a choice to act on itY. not everyone kills just because he is damn angry at someone. not everyone gose to war, some choose to go through diplomatic ties. not every politician is corrupt. not everyone steals just to put food on the table. yet you are quick to generalize people. you ask a person to go against a lion and come out to win? maybe you should start reading the bible (since you brought the topic og God). why not let me play chess or scrabble or basketball against a dog? or why not ask a dolphin to play nba live with me in the computer, or a dolphin to run a marathon against me? you cant, can you? why? because for one, they cannot understand what you are telling them and second, they are not equipped to do so. each one of us, animals included, have our own gifts, our own strengths. the problem with you is you are asking people to go up against animals in a field where they will win. i never said i was better in terms of skills or strengths against animals. hell, i even get scared just seeing a rat! what you are missing, or refuse to see, is that man is capable of rationalizing things, the way you are doing when you try to reason back with be. yet you refuse to acknowledge that gift for reasons beyond me. hey, if i was to use you as an example, yeah, to end this argument, you are most definitely right! man is just like any other animal..and that is from someone who thinks, aw, instinctively diay, acts like one.

good day!

ps. no sense in talking with someone who doesnt even use his brain and rationalizes things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    Love...I forgot the name of the chemical responsible for this.
    Serotonin. I sell the stuff. Want to buy a vial? Looks like you need some.

-RODION

Again, have you tried talking to these animals? How quick of YOU to assume if what they can and cannot do. Di man diay ka ganahan magpageneralize yet you are doing it to everything else that isn't human by saying kita ra rational. If you think too highly of yourself why is it after some time spending with you a dog can understand you and yet you are unable to so vice versa?

Counting?!!!! :O Do you know birds INSTINCTIVELY know how to count. Mammals know too. So what's your point exactly? Nga bogo napud sila nya kita bryt? Does it really hurt to accept that every other living thing are our EQUALS? I cannot honestly say I am above all other creatures. I treat them as equals.

What I'm saying here is that I know and ACCEPTED that we are animals and this has been proven since we started studying ourselves that we are part of the same gene pool as them. This means that we are not the only beings capable of thinking "rationally" as you like to call it. So why use that single-minded argument that "man is the ONLY being capable of reason"? EVERYTHING with a brain, especially the animal kingdom, is capable of reason.

As I said before, DO NOT JUDGE IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTSAND. When you learn to start communicating with animals and can get feedback that they are unreasonable, you can come back and tell me I was wrong. You can probably get an answer like: "Why did you kill my mom and stuff her on your display case?"

You talk about brains as if you are the only one who has one.

Just put aside for a moment our personal prejudice and let's look at this scenario. I'm trying to open your mind here.

When people do bad things God knows what emotional torment is going on in their heads. This is probably the part where you will say "di man ko ing-ana". That's just too hypocritical. I don't have the liberty to say that anymore after what I have understood so far. You can NEVER tell. We don't really know what we are capable of doing (especially when instincts kick in) until such a thing happens to us. I tell you now, pre. IT'S SOOOOOO EASY to say that I am much too civilized or rational to do such things because "I am reasonable". How many times have you heard of upstanding people in society go spiraling down the road of emotional collapse?... and then do stupid and reckless things in its wake? That really proves that "you can only cross the bridge when you get there". So next time don't say that "lahi ko". If you come to that problem and come out alive THEN can you say you have survived. Remember, I'm talking about EXTREME cases here. The ones that really mess with your head.

Take note, I took animals out of the equation. It's just us human beings here.

If a certain emotional problem has struck a person none of us who has not experienced it can honestly say "i understand" because you really don't. Here's good advice for you when you have a friend in this situation: Just say "how can i help?" For me, it always works. It's neutral and it's assuring. It minimizes their chances of lashing back at you in a negative way. If the mind breaks down there's only instinct that's left. It is a failsafe to keep us from going insane. You SHOULD be thankful for that!

this is my point. I'm not talking about a perfect condition here because we don't live in a perfect world. The imperfect world messes with your head and your mind WILL experience all sorts of stress.

make or break, bai. those are the ONLY choices you have in life. only a few people make it.
    Last edited by tokidoki; 08-13-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    Serotonin. I sell the stuff. Want to buy a vial? Looks like you need some.

-RODION
    No I don't need it. Wala nako oras magproblema sa gugmang giatay.

Blog Entries
    No I don't need it. Wala nako oras magproblema sa gugmang giatay.
    Funny, I always thought love was a solution, not the problem.

-RODION

yes, i originally thought so too. hahaha... remember troy bai? tungod sa gugma "the face that launched a thousand ships" biga lang gyud sa tao naka ingon.

whoa! thinking is a chemical reaction and an instinct. presence or absence of zinc in the brain affects this. sorry gyud

@Soul_Captive: The only thing that I agree with is the 2nd from the last sentence.

@MRchurchill: Your arguments are all wrong and doesn't prove any point that they are thoughts and not instinct. You've seen videos of cops in action. All training goes out the door when they are under extreme conditions some run some cry and some die. A clarification, it is NOT called an instinct to kill. It is called the FIGHT OR FLIGHT instinct. Cops have it too but if they kill or apprehend that's entirely up to them. There is no underlying logic in that. Why do you think hero cops say in interviews: "You only have your INSTINCTS out there."? Sila mismo ni angkon nya you talk on their behalf? I'd imagine the only time they think is how to put their INSTINCTs into action. Again, FIGHT OR FLIGHT - or call for backup.
    A hungry man gives food to a child that's MATERNAL INSTINCT (2nd time nana ha na naa instinct).
    A priest or nun doesn't have *** with prostitutes kai makadaut na. Geez, that is not even an example of an extreme condition! The only reason nothing happens between them is, again, the INSTINCT of self-preservation. They'd rather live than die with an STD. Again, that's another INSTINCT - FEAR. Fear of humiliation. I guess there is no judgement in those actions you described.

For the sake of my satisfaction, if someone gave me an argument that ISN'T "human-specific" OR "gender-biased" OR "religiously-oriented" maybe I would take the statement seriously. More things have been killed in all those 3 reasons - especially the latter - than any other reason known to man. In other words, I want OBJECTIVE statements. I want to find answers not start a two-sided debate.

Humans are run on chemicals. It dictates our actions.
    When we are hungry that is a chemical reaction - andrenal glands trigger the hunger hormone.
    When we are tired a chemical responsible for the drop in our response is in effect.
    When we are sad that is a chemical reaction - a drop in natural stimulants in our bodies.
    When we are angry that is testosterone.
    When we are horny, again, a chemical reaction - estrogen/testosterone in the system.
    And when I tell you you are wrong that is not me talking - that is, again, testosterone.
    And when you retort, again, that is testosterone - the male INSTINCT to want to feel superior than another male and that is perfectly fine with me. It is still instinct after all.
    And, the most famous chemical reaction of all, LOVE - a heightened level of euphoria. I forgot the name of the chemical responsible for this.
    Resourcefulness is yet another instinct. Kung ang tao mangita ug paagi that's still another survival instinct
    I daresay that even homosexuality is a chemical reaction.

I am still not convinced that we are free thinking individuals.
    Please define instinct and let's see how yours compare with the experts.

Here's their definition: An inborn pattern of behavior that is characteristic of a species and is often a response to specific environmental stimuli ; Instincts are unlearned, inherited fixed action patterns of responses or reactions to certain kinds of stimuli .

All training goes out the door? That easily? What facts aided you in that conclusion? Survival (and not killing!) is an instinct and under the given situation with such an imminent threat, any normal person's option of choice would be to either eliminate that threat or flee. Which would be less riskier as a means of eliminating the threat to life and health, to apprehend or to kill? Kill of course. Cops have been trained to go the extra mile and therefore are willing to risk more to do their duty. So you say fear is an instinct, but should they be more afraid of the consequences which at most carries years in prison over their own safety? Instinct says no but their training compels them to put their fear into something else. It is something they were taught. It's called learned behavior.

LOL and please do no generalize a group according to the statements of one. What applies to one doesn't necessarily hold true to majority of that group. Even when quoting that cop I still think you took his statements quite literally. And when you say that it's entirely up to cops whether to kill or not, that's just not right. Since when were cops given that much leeway?

My previous example of that man offering his food to a child despite having no relations whatsoever is not a manifestation of MATERNAL INSTINCT but of compassion and empathy, both LEARNED BEHAVIORS.

Procreation is a natural instinct much more compelling than fear. But why do nuns and priests not fornicate? Because their code demands that much from them. And why do they follow their code faithfully? Because that's what they were taught. They were not born with the fear of STD's or dishonor, they were TAUGHT to fear these things. The fear in this case is NOT INSTINCT, BUT LEARNED BEHAVIOR.

dude you give instinct too much credit. I majored in 2 subjects one of which was psychology. Please let us hear your own definition of the word. And your argument about chemicals running our bodies and totally deciding all our actions is inaccurate. Learned behavior is an equally interesting topic and it's just sad how you choose to ignore it.

kapoy spoonfeed nimo bai. do your own research. I did mine. nya ayaw palaban ug 1 sem psychology kai it doesn't justify you're an expert! and i know what you're getting at. nagtuo ka that by saying naa ka course ana automatically means mas sakto paka nako. please keep your balls where they are. wala pa gani ka ka satisfy sa akong gipangayo magdemanda naka nako? if you can't answer me objectively ayaw likoa ang storya. nya mangayo paka ug definition kamao man diay ka.

in the first place ngano mamugos man mo ana inyo tinuhoan, which happens to be CULTURALLY accepted belief? you follow the "because they said so" paradigm and I follow "that's the way the world works". We are on opposite sides of the wall. FYI, I'm not asking you to believe me. I'm asking you to think about what I wrote in my blog and give me feedback. "This is what I found so far, advise what you think!" BASA SA USA MOYAWIT. This post is only a day old and everyone wants to see blood already. Sheesh!

sniff sniff! whew! i can just smell the testosterone here. or basin anoos ra na sa bugan. LOL

did anyone bother to read anything? oh yeah. OT naman ni tanan kai nagbuot2x mo sugod ug inyo topic. Not once did anyone ask me about ANYTHING in my blog!

HAHAY!
    Last edited by tokidoki; 08-12-2008 at 11:04 PM.

LOL so what's this all about? advertising your blog? Sorry but your blog has egotism written all over it minus the style needed to stand out. You have no humor, no wit, and no originality. Honestly bai it PHAILS. Rewrite the tittle of this thread to "React to My Blog and Please Agree." I read your blog and I shared my opinions and you insult me and everyone else when we intended you no harm.

For your info in case you were unfortunate enough to get into college, when someone under our educational system says they majored in that subject it means they studied that subject for four years. You are grossly misinformed and on an ego trip. Ask your mom to give you a hug and tell your friends not to bully you anymore. Were you fat when you were young? Turned down by girls often? Have bad breath or body odor? Tell me so I can help since I majored in Psychology after all. Cheers. LOL.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast