Thumbs down Court of APPEALS justice WANTED 50 Million pesos BRIBE!!!

‘Sabio wanted P50-M bribe’ - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

‘Sabio wanted P50-M bribe’

I expect an investigation by the Supreme Court...

BUT IN THE END THERE WILL BE A COVER UP!!!

its like HONOR AMONG THIEVES.....

"nawa na MEDIA nata ani... mag hati nalang ta sa KAWAT" -SC justice

SC will most likely say its a MISCOMMUNICATION or HEARSAY..... PAET

dugay na ni nga racket sa CA ug SC labi na mga prime lot acquisitions, mga hacienda, etc.

bayran ang huwes, RD, LRA and/or CARP, VOILA! you have your own island or hacienda. i know and witnessed this first hand.

mao na mo ingon nga mga kaso whether civil or criminal (e.g. Chiong case), di ma-manipulate? That's a lot of Bull Crap!

these people are crooks in robes.

ang claims pod ni Justice Sabio is he was offered P10m by MERALCO through an emissary...

unya sala ni GMA again? hehe..

btaw dugay naman na.. akong ma say is, mas daghan journalist karon na mu risgo kaysa sauna. mao na murag "new" issue....

Quote Originally Posted by Motownkid View Post
    ang claims pod ni Justice Sabio is he was offered P10m by MERALCO through an emissary...
    Mahibal-an ra unya ang tinuod ini kay imbestigahon man gyud ni sa SC kung kinsay nag sulti sa tinuod nila. Dako kaayo ug hint ang mga txt ug telephone calls. Kung kinsay daghang outgoing calls. Most likely mao gyud na ang nag initiate ug bribe. Ma trace man na unya tanan sa log.

‘Manolo Lopez sent me,’ Sabio quotes De Borja

Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 03:42:00 08/01/2008

MANILA, Philippines—Court of Appeals Justice Jose Sabio Jr. Thursday denied businessman Francis de Borja’s allegations that he had asked for money in connection with the Manila Electric Co. (Meralco) case.

“I vehemently deny that he ever asked me what it [would] take to inhibit [myself] from the case, nor gave any reply in a manner that he stated in the affidavit. I never asked for money,” Sabio said in a statement.

The justice said De Borja had informed him that Meralco chair Manolo Lopez was “in the know” regarding the P10-million bribe offer.

“He told me that he was sent by Manolo Lopez who was with him in the car because it was a matter of life and death for them. And so they wanted the case to be ensured,” Sabio said.

He added that De Borja mentioned the abuses that the Lopezes suffered during the Marcos dictatorship, which De Borja claimed were being repeated by the Arroyo administration.

“And so he pleaded for me to accept what he called a win-win situation of P10 million,” he disclosed.

He also accused De Borja, whom he earlier alleged to have offered him P10 million to inhibit himself from the case, of twisting his words.

“As initial reaction to the affidavit of Francis de Borja, I find it not only ridiculous but also incredible. He has absolutely twisted the facts to suit a wicked end,” Sabio said.

Sabio branded the allegations against him as part of a smear campaign, saying that Meralco money and resources were being used to discredit him.

He said he would hold a press conference on Friday at the Court of Appeals to reveal everything that had happened between him and De Borja.
    Leila B. Salaverria

Emissary says Manolo, Pancho his longtime pals

By Juliet Labog-Javellana
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 03:43:00 08/01/2008

MANILA, Philippines—By his own account, businessman Francis Roa de Borja is a longtime friend of Manila Electric Co. chair Manolo Lopez and F. Arthur “Pancho” Villaraza of the Villaraza Cruz Marcelo & Angangco law office (also known as The Firm).

In an interview Thursday afternoon, De Borja tried to defend Meralco from allegations of involvement in a supposed bribery attempt to win a favorable ruling from the Court of Appeals in its case against the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS). The Firm is handling Meralco’s case.

“Kawawa naman ang Meralco dito, wala silang kamalay-malay (Meralco is to be pitied here; they don’t know anything about this),” he said.

Court of Appeals Justice Jose Sabio Jr. earlier wrote the court’s presiding justice that he had received an offer of P10 million from a supposed Makati businessman to inhibit himself from the Meralco-GSIS case.

Feeling alluded to by Sabio’s disclosure of the bribe attempt, De Borja came out to deny the allegation.

He claimed it was Sabio who said it would take P50 million for him to turn down a government offer and rule in favor of Meralco.

“No, it’s the opposite. I never offered him anything. It was he who said P50 million [was his price],” De Borja, 67, told the Philippine Daily Inquirer at the Manila Polo Club. “I’m angry with him. I went to him as a friend, then he says these things and he violated my confidence.”

“He (Sabio) twisted it,” the businessman said. “It was he who said P50 million, then he will say I offered him P10 million. He must have realized he told me about the P50 million, so he said the opposite.”

De Borja confirmed that he had sought out Sabio to ask the latter about the case. But he said he was moved by curiosity.

“I want to get the chismis (gossip). I’m a businessman, and I read these things in the papers,” he said.

Preempting

Why did De Borja ask Sabio what it would take for him to turn down the government offer?

“Because I was hoping he would tell me that all these offers will not affect his judgment and that he will act according to his conscience. But his answer to me was P50 million, so what more is there for us to discuss? I was taken aback,” he said.

De Borja said Sabio was piqued by efforts to get him out of the case.

“Two things—first, he’s a justice and this is a big case. So I suppose it would be very good for his career. Pikon na pikon siya (He was very peeved). Then he said he has an offer [from the government]. That’s why he reacted like that,” De Borja said.

While Sabio did not name him, De Borja said he knew he was being referred to.

“When I read [his letter to Presiding Justice Conrado Vasquez Jr.] in the Inquirer this morning, I knew it was just a matter of time before my name would come out. So I preempted it,” De Borja said.

Lopez schoolmate

De Borja said his sympathies lay with Meralco, whose chair was a schoolmate and friend since their high school days at Ateneo de Manila University.

“Manolo and I are friends. We’ve seen each other socially; our wives are friends. Aside from that, my sympathies are with Meralco because in my view, it is the one that is being oppressed here; the administration—the GSIS—is the one trying to take over,” he said.

De Borja said he had told Lopez that he was also a friend of Sabio’s.

“I mentioned to Manolo that Sabio is my friend, but he did not react so I didn’t talk about it anymore. I never told [Lopez] that I talked to Sabio,” he said.

De Borja said he was also a friend of Villaraza’s for at least 10 years.

“But I never talked to him about [the case].”

Personal details

De Borja described himself in his affidavit as “brokering contracts” and “deal making and project packaging.”

He is now involved in management consultancy, he told the Inquirer. A mechanical engineering graduate of Mapua Institute of Technology, he holds an MBA from the University of the Philippines and has been involved in several businesses over the years, including owning Delta Farm, a banana plantation in Cagayan de Oro City, and an activated carbon factory in Quezon.
    He is the son of the late Juan de Borja, a judge of the Court of First Instance in the 1950s.

De Borja also identified himself as a nephew of Geronimo Velasco, the energy minister during Ferdinand Marcos’ time.

He served as director of Velasco’s then.

“I’m comfortable [financially],” said the businessman, who is based in Pateros. He is a member of such exclusive clubs as the Manila Polo Club, Baguio Country Club, and Valley Golf Club.

Once a cockfighting aficionado, he said he was maintaining a cock breeding farm in Laguna.

Family man

De Borja said he had yet to inform his family about the current controversy, but that he planned to do so Thursday night.

Proud of his family, he said he and his wife, Violeta Basa from Indang, Cavite, have three accomplished children—37-year-old Geraldine de Borja-Araneta who has a master’s degree in museum management from New York University, 35-year-old Alfredo, who has a master’s degree in international finance from Columbia University, and 33-year-old Ria, who is leaving this week to take her MBA in fashion merchandising in a Paris university.

Looking relaxed while taking frequent calls during the interview, De Borja could even crack jokes at his expense:

“I always say I have the best of both worlds. I have a little hair left, and the little that is left is gray.”

Copyright 2008 Philippine Daily Inquirer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sabio denies asking for P50-M from Meralco ‘emissary’

By Tetch Torres
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 10:56:00 08/01/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- A Court of Appeals justice who is in the middle of a bribery controversy has denied allegations that he wanted P50 million for him to inhibit himself from a case involving a dispute between the Manila Electric Co. and the Government Service Insurance System.

In a prepared statement read to media, Court of Appeals Justice Jose Sabio Jr. rejected allegations by alleged Meralco “emissary” Francis Roa de Borja that he had wanted P50 million instead of the P10 million that Borja had offered to him.

At the same time, Sabio accused De Borja of “lying in a sworn statement,” referring to the Cagayan-based businessman’s four-page affidavit.

At the same time, Sabio said he was “seriously considering” filing charges against De Borja, who had reversed Sabio’s statements and alleged that the appellate court justice had asked for P50 million.

Sabio also accused the Lopezes, owners of Meralco, of allegedly “doing everything to discredit” him.

7.    Advertisement