View Poll Results: Do we need this Bill?

Voters
694. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

530 76.37%
  • No

164 23.63%
Page 135 of 747 FirstFirst ... 125132133134135136137138145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 7461

Heaven is a matter of belief. If you don't believe the teachings of the Church then you don't believe you are being deprived of anything. That is choice.

Then why deprived non catholics to benefit from this bill? Why cant us catholic extend that choice to them?

sauna ang padaghanay ug family member practical kay haron daghan makatabang sa panginabuhi sa ginikanan, pero karon dili na practical magdaghan ang tao kay mosamot ka lisod ang kinabuhi, mas burden pa ang overpopulation kaysa killer diseases, so i think we should address first the issue about controlling population growth, kay tanan issue like better health services, better education, ug better na livelihood, etc. masunod ra kay matutukan naman kay less naman ang problem sa increasing population growth bisan siguro ang mga naa sa ilalom sa tulay mapabuhatan na ug balay.

long weekend. see you again soon.

kay sakagaran man gud sa mga daotan ron ang katarungan nganong nakahimo sila dautan kay tungod daghan sila gipakaon family, mao nang kana mao una nato iaddress, criminal na jud ang mohimo pa ug dautan unya family gihapon ang ikatarungan.

This things doesn't concern none Catholics and if you are not Catholic, then why bother?
    as far as i am concerned...RC maybe the dominant religion here, but r all RC??if not, then we shud bother..^_^ y doesn't it concern non-Catholics sir??we're way out of topic here...but it's really striking to read such post that if one is not a Catholic, one shud not bother...btw, i am Catholic..^_^

If you are a Catholic then you should know without being reminded by priests that it is not allowed to take communion if you are under the state of disgrace.
    hahaha...says hu sir?^_^ if one takes Pills, shud he know without being reminded by priests that he is no longer allowed to take communion??and how wud one be under such state of disgrace sir??

last question: i'm rly confused here...hu will be imprisoned??

Quote Originally Posted by em_b View Post
    and i am not putting words in your mouth.
    Yes you are. You have misrepresented what I have been saying and I pointed it out.

and how did you know about "some education", and why can you say insifnificant support / lip service?
    Try reading the entire bill.

The main funding is for contraceptives and its distribution, management, and support. There is something about education too, but not well-defined.

In contrast, Section 6 and Section 7 of the bill call for the expansion of midwives and birth attendants, as well as greater access to obstetric care, but there is no funding or institutional support for these good sections of the bill. That is lip service.

Then why deprived non catholics to benefit from this bill?
    Because the bill is bad for the entire country, not just for Catholics. It violates human rights, is a waste of resources, and will have serious effects on family well-being. These affect non-Catholics too.

a discussion is never repeated if if and when there is a change in either the topic or the person involved.
    If there is a change in the persons involved in an online discussion, it is up to the new participants to at least have the decency to read what has been posted and not rely on being spoon-fed. Please do your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by vergievergz
    last question: i'm rly confused here...hu will be imprisoned?
    Read sections 17, 21, and 22 of the proposed bill.

Last edited by mannyamador; 04-30-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Finally, I think even those here who support the bill would agree that it is tiresome to have to repeat old discussions. So I appeal to those who are new to this thread to please read through it first before posting. Practically every one of the issues raised here since the thread got revived a few days ago has been thoroughly discussed (sometimes several times). Do yourself anf the others a favor by reading the thread. Yes, it's long, but it's also very educational.
    as u may hav already noticed, i'm new here and wasn't able to opine...i did read previous posts sir, and it is very educational...^_^ but does that mean that i can not ask questions regarding such?? i am not coercing u to answer sir, u may ignore it as u may deem it as a nuisance...

Quote Originally Posted by vergievergz View Post
    as u may hav already noticed, i'm new here and wasn't able to opine...i did read previous posts sir, and it is very educational...^_^ but does that mean that i can not ask questions regarding such??
    Of course you can, especially if it has not been answered in the previous posts. Even if it has, someone will probably still answer. We're just trying to minimize (not totally eliminate) repetition.

One good resource:

An International Open Letter in Response to the 14 Signatories of the Ateneo Statement
    An International Open Letter in Response to the 14 Signatories of the Ateneo Statement Monk’s Hobbit

Hi Vergie,

I just want to clarify. When I said this doesn't concern non-catholics, I was referring to the communion and not the RH Bill.

Also, If one takes the pill and knows about his faith, then one shouldn't take the communion. You should know that if your a Catholic. Please, if you know the teachings of your faith, you can easily determine why taking the contraceptive pill or even using condoms can put a person into damnation.

But if you will see, my arguments against this bill is not even founded on the teachings of the church. The pro-condom drive guys want statistics and science in the playing field.
    And so I'm asking, which country in the world where the condom-drive was so successful, it helped them moved forward? How much would it cost to sustain this condom-drive and for how long are we going subsidized it and its impact on our current national budget? Any "I don't believe in God, I believe in science" guys out there want to answer the questions please?

Quote Originally Posted by vergievergz View Post
    as far as i am concerned...RC maybe the dominant religion here, but r all RC??if not, then we shud bother..^_^ y doesn't it concern non-Catholics sir??we're way out of topic here...but it's really striking to read such post that if one is not a Catholic, one shud not bother...btw, i am Catholic..^_^

hahaha...says hu sir?^_^ if one takes Pills, shud he know without being reminded by priests that he is no longer allowed to take communion??and how wud one be under such state of disgrace sir??

last question: i'm rly confused here...hu will be imprisoned??

11.    Advertisement