View Poll Results: Do we need this Bill?

Voters
694. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

530 76.37%
  • No

164 23.63%
Page 133 of 747 FirstFirst ... 123130131132133134135136143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 7461

You are made to believe that poverty is caused by overpopulation (yeah, as it was discuss before, this is just a myth).
    is it a proven myth sir?^_^ and if so, wat does cause poverty then??

Quote Originally Posted by giddyboy View Post
    @mannyamador has already made a hard-lined stance against some provisions in the RH Bill a long time ago and in fact has been campaigning against it for a long time already. It is his personal advocacy and nothing can convince him otherwise. Coz doing so will be an effort in futility ug ikaw pa cguro nuon ang posible ma convince to his way of ultra-conservative thinking in the long run. from my experience, he is very good in persuasion techniques. so let's just respect his opinion nlng...ky kng sa relihiyon pa na, way kahangturan ang lalis ky di gyud mag abot bsan unsaon pa...take it from me.

i agree...... case closed!

@vergievrgz, if I may answer your questions. Trashing the bill wouldn't move us forward, it will just prevent us from moving backwards. And for moral persuasion question, mao nay gitawag ug "sa makonsensiya lang" technique. It won't come with fines and jail terms though if violated. RH bill if pass into law will result in "criminal persecution" persuasion. I hope my answer will help you correlate things.

^haha...
    @mannyamador: dnt take me wrong, i am not in any way trying to convince u/change ur stance on this issue...was just asking some questions which i need clarification...^_^ im not even stating that i am against or for it...

Quote Originally Posted by bcasabee View Post
    @vergievrgz, if I may answer your questions. Trashing the bill wouldn't move us forward, it will just prevent us from moving backwards. And for moral persuasion question, mao nay gitawag ug "sa makonsensiya lang" technique. It won't come with fines and jail terms though if violated. RH bill if pass into law will result in "criminal persecution" persuasion. I hope my answer will help you correlate things.
    Most certainly
    ok..tnx sir..but as u hav read some posts above wen i asked if not implementing the RH bill will move is forward, the answer clearly was "most certainly"..^_^ let me ask then, how wud it??
    den wat about those bishops hu threatened to not give communion to those hu supported the bill??is that also "moral persuasion"??

Yes, its just a myth. No one has even define what human overpopulation really is. In my own definition, overpopulation exists when people can afford to buy what is necessary but there is just nothing or few that can be bought. It is not happening right? What is happening is that, there are many things that can be bought including unnecessary things but people cannot afford it. This situation is what we call poverty and not overpopulation.

Cause of poverty are, lack of education and skills resulting to very low likelihood of finding a job, lack of employment and business opportunities, etc. etc. It is very lame to connect overpopulation to poverty.
    Quote Originally Posted by vergievergz View Post
    is it a proven myth sir?^_^ and if so, wat does cause poverty then??

Then consider it as a moral persuasion. Anyway, its as if you are giving negative meaning to persuasion itself. Persuasion (more of like being convinced by the moral implications) is very different from coercion (being force against your will). This things doesn't concern none Catholics and if you are not Catholic, then why bother? If you are a Catholic then you should know without being reminded by priests that it is not allowed to take communion if you are under the state of disgrace. If you wan't to understand more, you may study the theological background of the Catholic Church. Those things are already beyond me and this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by vergievergz View Post
    ok..tnx sir..but as u hav read some posts above wen i asked if not implementing the RH bill will move is forward, the answer clearly was "most certainly"..^_^ let me ask then, how wud it??
    den wat about those bishops hu threatened to not give communion to those hu supported the bill??is that also "moral persuasion"??

Quote Originally Posted by T0xic View Post
    i agree...... case closed!
    In other words, if the pro-RH side can't win using rational arguments, they just attack their opponents. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by vergievergz
    Since HB 5043 wastes resources and diverts them to contraceptives which do not cure diseases, then by opposing it we PREVENT the waste of scarce resources. These resources are then available for more important and urgent needs (such as education and basic health care). That is already a step forward.

Yes. Please take note that this form of moral persuasion is also useless if a person simplky chooses not to believe. Even if the Pope himself made some declaration, it will move a person who does not believe. This is not real coercion at all. One has to believe first if it is to have any persuasive effect, and if a person already chooses to believe, where is the coercion?

Moral persuasion is certainly very different from the PHYSICAL FORCE (arrest; jail terms) and ECONOMIC SANCTIONS (fines) that the RH bill uses to force persons to dispense abortifacient contraceptives. Even if a person does not choose to believe in the Bill or the authorities, he can still be forced put in jail and fined. This is very real coercion.

KEEP THE PEOPLE FREE! NO TO THE COERCIVE PROVISIONS OF HB5043!
    --
    Please sign the petition AGAINST the so-called Reproductive Health Bill (HB5043)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/xxhb5043/
    Last edited by mannyamador; 04-30-2009 at 03:13 AM.

@mannyamador

sir, you are misleading the people. the RHB is not just about "abortificient contraceptives", as how you would like to stretch that issue. It even came from you, not all contraceptives are abortificient.

What is "moral" about debating a topic using half truth and half lies?

@Toxic

thats okay. i dont have to convince him. I believe Cebuanos are smart enough to read between the lines.

an oh, for us who has access to internet, information are all over the web. but for those living in the countryside, in far flung areas, i dont know about that.

overpopulation? myth or no myth, the fact that lots of people bore more children that they can decently raise is reason enough.

"Please take note that this form of moral persuasion is also useless if a person simplky chooses not to believe" mannyamador,

"One has to believe first if it is to have any persuasive effect, and if a person already chooses to believe, where is the coercion?" mannyamador

same goes to giving each woman a POWER TO CHOOSE.

11.    Advertisement