Page 27 of 129 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

down sila run?

Elite Member
    The on-time record has been improving lately. So far all my rides the past couple of months have been on time. They claimed an 86% record in July and 90% in August. Let's see if that can be maintained.

All airlines are the same. Sometimes the flight gets delayed, sometimes it's on time, and sometimes it's ahead of time.

I've tried waiting for like 5hours just because of poor weather conditions with flight getting cancelled in the end, waited for 3hours due to technical probs with the aircraft. I've thrown a tantrum at their staff several times as well with a cold jollibee meal as the only consolation.

But then again, I've also wished several times before that the flight was delayed because i was late in going to the airport. or that someone would be late so i can get the flight as a wait-list passenger. or that the flight just be delayed because i wanted to intentionally miss my meeting. haha

SO now i no longer complain. I just choose the most convenient flight scheds and when i know it's peak season, i try to get there on time and charge my laptop to a full just in case it gets delayed. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    The check-in counter usually closes 45 minutes before departure time. That's standard with all airlines, not just Cebu Pacific. That's so they have enough time to process wait-list passengers, generate the passenger and cargo manifest, generate a weight-and-balance sheet (for pilots' use--get this one wrong and the plane might crash!) sort all the luggage and load them onto the aircraft. Assuming a turnaround time of 30 minutes for Cebu Pacific and everyone has at least one check-in bag that means 180 bags to load in less than 15 minutes (15 minutes to unload the previous flight's luggage, 15 minutes to load the next one's). And we're only talking about luggage. There's also cargo, which can mean dozens more packages to handle.

The airline also has that much time to board 180 passengers. Moreover, your seat may have already been given away to a wait-listed passenger so even if they wanted to take you in they probably can't.

Which is why check-in counters normally close 45 minutes before departure time.

Just show up at the airport early and avoid hassles.

PAL usually gives leeway during check-in. Yesterday for our Manila-Dumaguete flight, my boss arrived at 6:25 for our 7:00 A.M. flight...was able to ask the counter to give a leeway and they were nice enough to accommodate...flight boarded at 6:30...according to the counter, they can actually give leeway till 6:30...

Last time nagexcess baggage ako with PR was charged Php 45/kg, 5J though charged me Php 100 kg.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by romantic_guy08 View Post
    PAL usually gives leeway during check-in. Yesterday for our Manila-Dumaguete flight, my boss arrived at 6:25 for our 7:00 A.M. flight...was able to ask the counter to give a leeway and they were nice enough to accommodate...flight boarded at 6:30...according to the counter, they can actually give leeway till 6:30...

Last time nagexcess baggage ako with PR was charged Php 45/kg, 5J though charged me Php 100 kg.
    30 minutes is okay, but 20 is cutting it too close. Like I said, the reserved seat may have already been given away (especially with Cebu Pac which has been enjoying very high load factors).

PAL charged me P100/kg PLUS 12% VAT pa gyud (no VAT added on 5J). You must have connections within PAL.

When traveling with infants, PAL also charges a certain fee for the infant (just over P100, IIRC) but Cebu Pac doesn't.
    Last edited by Tarmac; 09-05-2009 at 11:50 PM.

the last time sakay padong sg kay delayed mi for 1 hr kapin den pg uli naku 30 mins ra...

Has anyone watched these Cebu Pacific videos?

Two of these took place at the Mactan airport.

YouTube - cebu pacific delayed flight 5J 0574

YouTube - cebu pacific delayed flight part 2

YouTube - CEBU PACIFIC

Watch them.

Blog Entries
    mao ba? it is timely that I went over this thread...I hope my scheduled flight next month will not be delayed..... I'm a hater of waiting and waiting..... grrrrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by jackdi View Post
    Cebu Pacific is OK man kaayo para nako when i comes to flights.
    If not impunto, ahead sila og 5-10 minutes moabot.
    SG-Cebu man noon ni ako gipasabot.

But take note, if mo-book na gani mo, hangtod mahimo, ayaw jud tawn ipa-cancel!
    Kay maabtan mog tagsa'k tuig ana sa inyo refund!

Naa man god na Motolite Battery ila Refund System .... "...tumatagal.... Motolite! " or "....tested na pangmatagalan..."
    noh dugaya gud......mamatay na lang ang tag.iya sa ticket.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    30 minutes is okay, but 20 is cutting it too close. Like I said, the reserved seat may have already been given away (especially with Cebu Pac which has been enjoying very high load factors).

PAL charged me P100/kg PLUS 12% VAT pa gyud (no VAT added on 5J). You must have connections within PAL.

When traveling with infants, PAL also charges a certain fee for the infant (just over P100, IIRC) but Cebu Pac doesn't.
    Maybe they've been just generous with me...hehehe... The guy at the boarding gate also told me that as long as there's no final boarding call yet, they can still rush and squeeze passengers for boarding...but I think thats just when the flight is not fully booked.

11.    Advertisement