Page 1 of 238 123411 ... LastLast

Default Dumaguete, what's there and how to get there?

Hello there!

Kinsa'y taga-Dumaguete dire? I was wondering, what are the job opportunities here? I've been visiting this city several times already since maybe a couple of months ago and until now I still couldn't find work here. I live in Cebu but I want to work and transfer residence here.

What is common here in Dumaguete are small to medium businesses, i.e., small stores, shops, boutiques, a lot of eateries and restaurants, and several medium establishments.

The good news is that a couple multinational outsourcing companies will soon be operating here, as Dumaguete has a very good internet communications cable network, which is very ideal for I.T. companies. I will be applying in one of these companies - SPI Technologies - and I hope I'll get a job. Dumaguete is a beautiful place to live in. It's ideal for a quiet lifestyle. The city is lined with so many trees and old houses and establishments. Rizal boulevard is very scenic especially during late afternoons and at dawn.

Default Dumaguete

i agree. studied there for 4 years and i thought i won't miss the place. was i wrong! the moon is big in dumaguete. really.

Default Dumaguete

I'm not from Dumaguete but i have good news for DumagueteƱos.

Read PDI page B10 dated today, that's 09/08/04. SPI Technologies, have set eyes on establishing a production site in Dumaguete.

http://www.spitech.com/

Default Dumaguete

that's rad.

well, most of my relatives kay naa sa dgte. tig ulian ko dgte during summer and xmas vacation. great place i must say.

Default Dumaguete

and pretty flowers, too
    WATCH YOUR ATTITUDE!

Default Dumaguete

it's the place where i want to settle down someday...

sachem

Default Dumaguete

how do i go around dumaguete without my own jeepney? i need to see some attractions which makes dumaguete beautiful... need directions. im planning to go there.

Default Dumaguete

Rent a tricycle. It is more than enough if you just want to see Dumaguete. And it is very affordable. The tricycle operator is always a good tourist guide. And if you listen well enough, you will also find him literate enough to tell you the best literature of the city.

Perhaps, because of the breeding of Silliman University, you will find Dumaguete City a very erudite city of literary minds (the world famous writers --- the Tiempos --- hail from this city and you can even talk to them if arranged earlier).

If you will encounter problems in Dumaguete City, drop by the office of City Administrator Engr. Junnie Dumalag and ask for help; Junnie is everybody's friend and always willing to help.

If you want a good European meal --- like a bottle of Pinot Grigio plus sausages plus cheeses and baguettes --- go to "Why Not Deli". Then there is also "Lab-as" (this means in our dialect "fresh seafoods") at the other end of the Boulevard and/or you might want something ala-carte which you can find some 7 kilometers away at Sta. Monica Resort Hotel. "Oysters" is located at a deeper section of the city.

For a night of clean fun --- and in Dumaguete City it is always clean fun --- drop by "Mexicale Rose" by the Boulevard for all-time favorite, from food to songs to wines. And the waitresses are far better than looking than Salma Hayek and Maui Taylor combined.

The people of Dumaguete City are very hospitable. They often go out of their way just to help a stranger. But they can fight back ferociously if abused.

Default Dumaguete

im from dgte!

Default Dumaguete

i'm here in dumaguete for a week...

i had a great time last night and a bad one now "/

still, i wish to see myself again here a year or few years from now...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 238 123411 ... LastLast