Nagsugod na! Welcome to Alberta. lol

4 hours after

Default Re: Immigrating to CANADA?

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper77 View Post
    asa ka sa alberta bai?
    oo bai.. Asa ka dapit?

calgary bai...ikaw asa ka bai?
    OT:kaila ka steven maquilan, sa iyaha nko npalit ning lab nmo.

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper77 View Post
    calgary bai...ikaw asa ka bai?
    OT:kaila ka steven maquilan, sa iyaha nko npalit ning lab nmo.
    kaila kaau.. hehe.. PM lang ko..

small world lol

pila sad kaha gasto ana process?

steven maquilan taga eskina labogon? ahahhaha

For the aspiring immigrants, the Government of Canada has proposed changes for Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Here's some of the recent changes: (Still 67 points but now with changes)

1. Higher level of score requirement of English Proficiency.
    2. Placing greater emphasis on younger applicants. Applicants ages 47y.o. and older will not be awarded any points as compared to the old policy.
    3. Lower points awarded to overseas work experience.
    4. Assessment of educational qualification. As quoted from the CIC Immigration & Refugee Protection Act " Applicants whose credentials do not exist in Canada as well as those who do not have a credential equivalent to a completed Canadian credential would not be eligible for the FSWC." IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Philippines BSN qualification is NOT EQUIVALENT to Canadian BSN. This provision can be critical for nurses. (I doubt Canada already have concurrent issues just like the Ca BON).

Read more of the changes as stated here: ARCHIVED — Canada Gazette – Regulations Amending the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

Have you ever heard about the Quebec Skilled Worker Program? I know some agencies offer this. This program is not as popular as the Federal Skilled Worker Program because of its catch: you must study and get a certificate in French language for you to be eligible to this program. But the processing time is much shorter ( I heard) and more definite than the FSW program.

If you know of friends who have tried this, please share it here.

Quote Originally Posted by janix_100 View Post
    Have you ever heard about the Quebec Skilled Worker Program? I know some agencies offer this. This program is not as popular as the Federal Skilled Worker Program because of its catch: you must study and get a certificate in French language for you to be eligible to this program. But the processing time is much shorter ( I heard) and more definite than the FSW program.

If you know of friends who have tried this, please share it here.
    Yes, processing time is much shorter compared to FSW coz the applicants are not as many as the FSW applicants. They are also not that strict yet with regards to the requirements, they don't even require you to have settlement funds or what is commonly known as show money. They will just let you sign a waiver that you have funds in the bank to support you financially in the event that you haven't found a job yet when you get there.

With the temporary closure of the FSW program, Quebec would be the best option. And i'm sure when the time comes that they will have loads of applicants already, their process will become more complicated just like the FSW. So this is really the best time to go for the Quebec option.

We are also applicants for this program, we haven't really submitted our application yet coz we're just waiting for my wife's IELTS results which will be released this coming November 9 as this is also needed for the application. We have started gathering our requirements though and we already paid a certain amount to the agency who will be processing the application for us.
    Last edited by kok3n; 10-30-2012 at 04:15 PM.

11.    Advertisement