Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Over 800 immigrants to Canada about to get their Dreams crushed

There are over 800 workers applying to Canada in skilled positions who got backlogged. Canada’s budget bill will eliminate their backlog. This represents the destruction of their dreams to work and immigrate to Canada. Sadly, a Canadian court refused to force the Immigration minister to review the backlogged files. The prospective immigrants will have to file and wait in line again.

The more than 800 skilled foreign workers have been waiting for their backlogged cases to be approved. However, the Canadian federal budget measure will eliminate the backlog. The group is suing the Canadian government because of the delay in processing their immigration paperwork and they are seeking an injunction from the court to force the government to review their cases before the budget bill passes. The court has turned down their request. (for more details click the link)

Over 800 immigrants to Canada about to get their Dreams crushed | US Visa Application | immigration

Default Re: Over 800 immigrants to Canada about to get their Dreams crushed

That's rough. Isn't there over 200,000 people who applied to Canada who are getting their applications RESET? Not a rejection but you have to wait several more years......... Let's hope Canada doesn't get as bad as the US when it comes to difficulty of migration.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Immigration should be difficult and I certainly believe that you can't blame a country if they want to be selective.

it could be advantageous to some and disadvantageous to others. new applications will run only roughly two years maximum waiting period after filing. that is if you are still qualified for skilled worker immigrant and that your NOC is still in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    Immigration should be difficult and I certainly believe that you can't blame a country if they want to be selective.
    i agree with you sir. thats what keeps the country's integrity.

Unfortunately that wouldn't sit well with much of the developing world markets in this time and age of trade liberalization.

For us to lower our tariffs so their exports can be competitive in our market, they should do their fair share by making it easier for our exports to enter theirs. What do we export? People.

If they can dump their crappy produce on our backyard we should be able to make money the same way with what excess we have.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trollolol View Post
    Unfortunately that wouldn't sit well with much of the developing world markets in this time and age of trade liberalization.

For us to lower our tariffs so their exports can be competitive in our market, they should do their fair share by making it easier for our exports to enter theirs. What do we export? People.

If they can dump their crappy produce on our backyard we should be able to make money the same way with what excess we have.
    Just as you can say no, richer countries can say no. More times than not, it is the poorer countries dumping their "crappy" produce. Not the other way around. If immigrants are a burden to the country's economy, they should not be allowed in.

i agree with you.
    if it was my country i would rather help my people get jobs first before giving away positions to foreigners, who will send money out of the country.

swerte akong cuzin wala sila na apil ani, bago lang jud cla ka migrate to canada

Be logical guys. A country has the solemn right to control its immigration policies.

An immigrant group suing a country because they are made to wait a few more years... what minds are these?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast