Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 8GB ram not detected on windows system

Hi all!!! kumusta everone? i would to ask from you guys kung kahibalo mo ani? :

i am using 8gb ddr2 memory (4 x 2gb) for my new cpu. though my intel motherboard capable of upto 8gb and i checked to the bios 8gb ang display but running to the windows 2003 std, it shows there 4gb ra ako memory.

i even checked to this site : Large memory support is available in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows 2000 and followed the instructions but nothing happened pa rin.

pls guys kung naa mo maau suggestion to this problem, pls help me.

thank you in advance!

regards,

gibbugs

try daw vista bro nga OS bro. basin ma detect cya

Yup sa Vista madaginot na imo RAM.

naa jud uban ing ana sir. dli makaya sa ka kusog nyahahaha

imu mobo ka support ug 8g?

mine wla nako na try dli ko ka afford shhh...

do you really need that large of ram? 8gb? what diay imong gamitan?

server?

baw lang nila brad.. pde na sa mga editing brad.. music,graphics kinahanglan man..
    ako simple use raman.. 2gb raman gani ako

thread starter: so, your using a windows 2003 server? how about using the 64-bit variant of windows 2003 server. or you can use windows server 2008. that's what i'm using on my other machine.

for the other two respondents: is there a server grade vista? i don't think so but correct if i'm wrong.
    Last edited by spookey; 07-26-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Bro read this:

Windows XP maximum memory

by RobGeek posted on October 2, 2001 1:24 pm

I noticed an item at The Register that talks about a PC being offered with 1 GB of system memory. They also mentioned that Windows XP supports up to 2 GB of RAM, noting that Windows 98 and Me could not support 1 GB of memory. When searching for a definitive answer to what memory limits there were on Microsoft OSes, I found a KnowledgeBase article that says Windows 3.1 had a total memory limit of 256 or 512 MB, depending on whether enhanced mode was being used. So, after three more generations of Windows, are we only up to 2 GB? My understanding is that there is a 4 GB limit in 32-bit Windows XP just as there was with Windows NT and Windows 2000, and by going to a 64-bit XP (for the Intel Itanium) that goes up to 16 Terabytes. However, Windows 2000 Advanced Server could handle 16 GB with some fancy programming, and Windows 2000 DataCenter goes up to 64 GB by using the 36-bit addressing allowed by Intel Xeon chips. So, did Windows 95/98/Me actually have any hard memory limit besides the 4 GB 32-bit memory limit? I haven't been able to find anything that says that they did, but I've seen countless statements online about how using over 256 or 512 MB on Windows 95/98/Me is futile. Is there even any evidence to back those claims? Perhaps this is in reference to the resource space that quickly runs out before you can open enough apps to eat up that much memory. As far as I know, Windows XP can go to 4 GB out of the box, just like NT and 2000 could before it. I'm interested to hear what others have to say about Windows memory limits.

I hope this helps....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast