Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NEED HELP: Investing in Mutual Funds and Stocks

Fellow Istoryans,

as you can read in my thread title, need help ko. i have a few knowledge about investing in mutual funds and sa stocks. pero im very new in this kind of investment.

magpatabang lang ta ko kinsa kabalo ninyo asa ta mangutana about best investment instrument with minimal capital? say for example 30,000 with 10 years term and with a fixed interest of 9% - 10%with minimal to no risk at all?

naa nako money on hand pero im nervous pa gyud. Although i'm very desidido na gyud sa pag invest. gamay raman gud ang interest rate kung ako i time deposit then ug i savings pud mahadlok ko kai humok ra kaayo ko mag withdraw ug money. mas mai man gud ug ani na paagi kay naai madawat na cetificate of investment.

need outputs guys. help ko ninyo please. please suggest websites kung asa nakapost ang mga latest na offers sa companies like san miguel ba ron or maybe mutual funds ok ra pud basta mu fit in lang sa akoang requirements as stated above.

salamat sa mutabang daan.

there are a couple of mutual funds out there which provides you with a good return. this however is long term investment. i would recommend you do mutual funds than do play in the stock market with minimal knowledge. sa cebu naa ta mga mutual funds life PAMI, Sunlife, GSIS, etc. They are all good. one thing siguro tan-awon nimo is how much is the minimum investment to start and the minimum investment if you need to add more. nag invest mi ani bro using PAMI. ang idea ani is to put extra money to mutual funds and then add consistently per month a minimum amount of savings.

Hello likyam! and welcome to the world of Stock Market Investing..

I'm not in the perfect position to offer you any type of solid advice as i'm also new to the whole thing (had a thread just like this one posted a few weeks ago). So i guess i'll stick with the more general stuff and leave the number-crunching to our pro's.

1.) If you say you're really interested to invest, then i suggest you really take time to read articles about it, ask questions (like what you're doing now, lol) and talk to the right people. Always remember, not all advice is good advice! I've done a lot of reading myself and i've read all the stories about those who become victims of folly. Take it upon yourself to discern which of the given advice works best for you and your goals.

2.) Second advice i should give is that you should learn to take calculated risks. It's totally different from blind shooting. Because if you take time to consult, analyze the numbers and determine trends, the future becomes less uncertain for you and your investment. And chances are, you're looking at the clear picture.
    And don't be too afraid to take risks! You can choose to invest what you can afford to lose, the important thing is that you get to learn from your successes and failures and build your knowledge-base as you tread along by filling it with the wisdom of experience. You learn (and earn) at a staggeringly lower pace if you always play the safe hand. Manage your own pace.

With regards to your main question as to what investment is most risk-free and secure, i think it would have to be Government Bonds. Although i haven't really tried buying government bonds myself, i've read that they are one of the lowest-risk (but also low-return) investment offerings available.

The good thing about investing in Government Bonds is that it's safe and steady. Although i think that interest for this type of investment is not compounding, and your income in interest gets subjected to tax per annum. I'm not sure though, someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

~

Not to worry though, iStorya has a lot of helpful veterans who are very much willing to share and impart their knowledge on these sort of things. I'm interested myself in hearing about what they have to say..

Quote Originally Posted by SophieCebu View Post
    there are a couple of mutual funds out there which provides you with a good return. this however is long term investment. i would recommend you do mutual funds than do play in the stock market with minimal knowledge. sa cebu naa ta mga mutual funds life PAMI, Sunlife, GSIS, etc. They are all good. one thing siguro tan-awon nimo is how much is the minimum investment to start and the minimum investment if you need to add more. nag invest mi ani bro using PAMI. ang idea ani is to put extra money to mutual funds and then add consistently per month a minimum amount of savings.

ok thanx bro/sis, i'll take your word from it. i've heard a lot of good things man good aning mutual fund. not to worry. kai kanang i.invest nako will be permanently for investmentg purpose para nig age nako around 40 or older. para naa koy security bah. ang ako lang is kanang makita ang kita sa investments para naa gyuy returns bah ang money na gi set aside.

Quote Originally Posted by everybodylovesmigs View Post
    Hello likyam! and welcome to the world of Stock Market Investing..

I'm not in the perfect position to offer you any type of solid advice as i'm also new to the whole thing (had a thread just like this one posted a few weeks ago). So i guess i'll stick with the more general stuff and leave the number-crunching to our pro's.

1.) If you say you're really interested to invest, then i suggest you really take time to read articles about it, ask questions (like what you're doing now, lol) and talk to the right people. Always remember, not all advice is good advice! I've done a lot of reading myself and i've read all the stories about those who become victims of folly. Take it upon yourself to discern which of the given advice works best for you and your goals.

read about it from some blogs of collective investors. have ideas that's why im craving to invest kaso lang wa koi alam and all i had is money and will. mao na ako nahan is secure investment that is risk-free ug naa man pero dako gyud ug kita bah. hehehehe.

2.) Second advice i should give is that you should learn to take calculated risks. It's totally different from blind shooting. Because if you take time to consult, analyze the numbers and determine trends, the future becomes less uncertain for you and your investment. And chances are, you're looking at the clear picture.
    And don't be too afraid to take risks! You can choose to invest what you can afford to lose, the important thing is that you get to learn from your successes and failures and build your knowledge-base as you tread along by filling it with the wisdom of experience. You learn (and earn) at a staggeringly lower pace if you always play the safe hand. Manage your own pace.

With regards to your main question as to what investment is most risk-free and secure, i think it would have to be Government Bonds. Although i haven't really tried buying government bonds myself, i've read that they are one of the lowest-risk (but also low-return) investment offerings available.

read article about it also. nindot bitaw siya bro pero gamay lang ug kita. sa bangko raman tingali ta ka.ask ani sa? mayn ta naay fellow istoryan mutabang oi. hehehehe

The good thing about investing in Government Bonds is that it's safe and steady. Although i think that interest for this type of investment is not compounding, and your income in interest gets subjected to tax per annum. I'm not sure though, someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

~

Not to worry though, iStorya has a lot of helpful veterans who are very much willing to share and impart their knowledge on these sort of things. I'm interested myself in hearing about what they have to say..
    THANK YOU SA INYOHANG DUHA HA? I appreciate it gyud

update ko mga sis ug bro. tabang lang mo or share if naa mo ika offer. salamat daan ha. mas nindot man gud ni for the future bah naai magamit

Quote Originally Posted by likyam View Post
    update ko mga sis ug bro. tabang lang mo or share if naa mo ika offer. salamat daan ha. mas nindot man gud ni for the future bah naai magamit

Hi Likyam I can give you a professional financial planning for you. I can give you free lecture some financial concepts that you might need. PM me if your interested.

Default Re: NEED HELP: Investing in Mutual Funds and Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by likyam View Post

Good day!

You can get a free training for Mutual Funds Investment..

Nindot jud ang mutual fund for the future.. and I can guide you about mutual fund.. just pm me..

dugaya na ani ako thread oi. undecided pa gihapon ko until now. sorry guys. it was a whim of the moment lang na murag makadani. that is why i was enthusiastically asking everyone that time. pero karon murag di na nako priority.

mao jud. pag check nako dugay na bitaw nga thread...hehehe

Try UITF EQUITY FUND. Do cost averaging for long term IMHO....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast