Join us to learn the fundamentals of Feng Shui. Discover how the cornerstones of this time proven method provide precise information to design your environment to be in alignment with the opportunities and needs of the energy of current time and your priorities.

In our first training you will be introduced to the basic concepts of Feng Shui and how it supports conscious, sustainable living before attending the Intermediate and Advanced Level.

Learn of the current energy cycle and the one just passed, and how they affect you, your family and business.

The Feng Shui Workshops and Retreats will be on April 19 and 20, 2008 with lectures, on-site survey and election of officers. Venue will be at Cebu Grand Convention Center, Archbishop Reyes Avenue, Cebu City. This event is organized by Cebu Paranormal Society and for more details contact 0905-332-7897.

Early Bird Registration still applies.

Join our online discussion about "Everything Feng Shui" at http://www.cebuparanormalsociety.com...php?board=34.0.

GENERAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
• Disseminate basic information about Feng Shui to the public.
• Enrich and challenge Feng Shui enthusiasts on troubleshooting home and office problems.
• Provide future Feng Shui teachers with practical and useful information to create their own curriculums.
• Enhance general community awareness and appreciation on the facts and benefits of Feng Shui.
• Integrate Feng Shui into every Filipino’s life to improve their lives.

TOOLS OF THE TRADE

• One (1) magnetic compass (a portable and non water-filled type sighting compass is best for this job).
Highly recommend to bring along another magnetic compass but of the water-filled type.
• One (1) steel tape (retractable and portable).
A compact steel ruler is an approved substitute.
• One (1) protractor (compact) – optional.
• One (1) 30/60 degree triangle (compact) – optional.
• One (1) 45 degree triangle (compact) – optional.
• One (1) Mongol No. 2 pencil or equivalent (sharpened).
Mechanical pencil with HB lead is an approved substitute.
• One (1) rubber eraser.
• One (1) pencil sharpener (compact).
If using a mechanical pencil remember to carry a small pack of spare leads.
• One (1) ballpoint pen – black ink.
• One (1) ballpoint pen – red ink.
• One (1) pocket notebook (preferably spiral type).
• Five (5) sheets (or more) of white bond paper (preferably letter-size).
• One (1) box of matches (preferably outdoor type and/or water resistant).
• One (1) ordinary notebook (preferably non-spiral type).
• Three (3) packets (or more) of rock/sea salt.
Iodized salt is not an approved alternative. The same applies to bath salts.
• One (1) small bottle of clean drinking water (filled).
• One (1) small bottle of jasmine- or sampaguita-scented body oil – optional but highly recommended.
• One (1) St. Benedict’s Cross or Medallion (properly blessed and worn on the outside) – very important to have with you!
For non Roman Catholics please ask your priest or minister for the equivalent.
• One (1) pack (or more) of salted crackers – optional but highly recommended.
Chocolate or energy bars is a very good substitute.
• One (1) pocket camera (film or digital but highly recommend using the digital type) – optional.
If using the camera of your cellular phone or PDA/Pocket PC set it to its best setting.
• One (1) flashlight (portable and weather-resistant).
Highly recommend using flashlights with super-bright white LED bulbs as these are more energy efficient. Remember to carry fresh
spare batteries.
• One (1) pocket voice recorder (magnetic tape or digital type) – optional.
If using the voice recorder of your cellular phone or PDA/Pocket PC set it to its best setting.
• One (1) small Post It notepad or equivalent – optional but highly recommended.
• One (1) pocket dictionary – optional.
• One (1) compact, waterproof and strong bag to carry all this (plus whatever else you wish to add such as a spare set of upper
garment/t-shirt, umbrella, cap, etc.)

Feng Shui Workshops and Retreats
Basic Feng Shui Analysis for Homes and Offices
April 19 and 20, 2008
Cebu Grand Convention Center
8AM – 5PM

Richard Yu: Up Close and Personal

Richard Yu is my name and I'm proud to say that I'm a Filipino. I was born in Manila during the reign of the Metal Dog, a sign feared and respected by the Tibetans although it could promise such blessings or disaster depending upon what course it chooses.

It could be one reason as to why I'm quite effective in this unusual type of work. Currently residing in the Balic-Balic area together with my wife, Fil-Chinese. I have her focus on the healing aspect of things as it's where her gift could be put to best use.

Some may think that with this kind of expertise is already experiencing a rich lifestyle but I’ve yet to realize that. For I made a solemn oath that until the current cycle ends I will assist those who require my skills and services to the best of my ability and focus not on profit. Maybe it is also for the challenge that I sought those who are seriously distressed.

Well, whatever could have been the reason it made me easy to fix even unusual situations;exorcism and such are an exception of course. And that experience in helping our less fortunate Filipino brothers and sisters made me stronger in combating subjects which one can never learn from books alone.

Others may ask why such is my call sign (City Hunter) in all other forums. It's the call sign of a favorite anime hero of mine who is an expert troubleshooter for serious situations.

Experience

Most of my knowledge about Feng Shui stems from what my late father taught me. As a businessman, he applied principles of Feng Shui to succeed. I also learned a few more from his acquaintances. But as a kid back then, I really didn't pay attention to it much. It was only later when I set out on my own that I realized it is indeed a big help. Thus, when books and reference persons could no longer satisfy my thirst on this, I set out to get as much experience
I could.

Another reason as to why I set on this path was my inability to bend to the whims of those applicants for new businesses. Must be the Metal Dog in me that I'm quite selective on whom I will help and conform my methods to what the person wishes to accomplish (and of course what he can only afford).

Whenever I'm asked with regards to how much I would demand for my services (usually this is the first question they ask) I first do a quick evaluation then if I deem the person worthy. I offer an income-based pricing (as in what he can only afford). Did a lot of pro-bono work too (usually these are the heavy stuff and really drains one almost totally). Rarely do I find those that I have to ask my full fee. I can't really recall how many I have helped but it should already be over a hundred and even more if you would include those I just give general advice. If there are any big names in my list that I've helped were kept confidential. If I did any international consultation, just a few and I usually do it over the Internet and/or phone. In return, by asking them to do some good to others.

Problems that I encountered in this kind of services are differences in Religion. Those that don't accept other ideas, unreliable scheduling and supernatural problems. The latter being the hardest as I have to dive even deeper beyond Feng Shui to find solutions for this. This is why you would often hear me comment on trust and faith in God.

Whenever I get to find time to relax and too lazy to get back to fixing our car or do chores at home, either I immerse myself in some action games on the PC or skirmish with my fellow weekend warriors often called "war gaming." Not only it is an active sport but also hones the mind to quick decisions and teamwork. Should also be getting myself fit by returning to doing
my wushu routine but still a bit lazy to wake up every early morning just to do that. No other vices beyond that besides playing with our pets. Future plans would be to offer seminars on Feng Shui and start our alternative healing services.

Words of Inspiration to Fellow Filipinos

Information is the key to succeed in life. Books and teachers can provide much information but it can never match real-life experiences. So humble yourself and learn to be observant and a good listener. Be open to suggestions and opinions from others and always take notes.

A good and wise entrepreneur always has a pen and a paper with him. Absorb the wisdom and factor that to your decisions. Forget not to show respect. Even if it's just a simple person welcome him as if he's a long lost friend. First impression lasts. And when situation seems beyond hope maintain still a positive attitude and remember God. For he is indeed always with us and is just waiting for us to seek his help and that's the difference of having free will.

If you reap much in your endeavors forget not to share your blessings with those who are less fortunate.