Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Be careful with your Facebook posts

A couple was sued by Barili Vice Mayor Marlon Garcia after posting defamatory message in social networking site. Couple faces libel raps after Facebook post « Cebu Live!

Default Re: Be careful with your Facebook posts

careful lang gyud sa mga post nga wala hinungdan basin ma kiha ug atras abante

mao ingon sila, think before you click

LOL

saon man gud, daghan jud nagtuo nga what they post in the net won't come back to haunt them.

: bantay-bantay na jud ko ani sa ako mga posts da.. salamat ts

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    LOL

saon man gud, daghan jud nagtuo nga what they post in the net won't come back to haunt them.
    True.

But this case is hardly just about FB postings (I think). Might even be politically-motivated. The actual message reads "Do you know nga kung dili nimo tarungon ug verify. Ikaw ang mahimung kataw-anan kay it would seem like mas bogo pa ka sa nagtaho nimu kay nisulod ka sa iyang bulsa?" so I think lawm pa ang issue ani than just the FB.

The message was also sent in private so it can't be considered as "circulated" unless gipagawas sa recipient mismo. I need to re-read this pero I think for it to be called libel it has to be read by other people than the parties involved.

Also, there's still a whole lot to be determined for Internet/Online Social Networking issues. Naa na ba tay balaod governing the Internet?

not much, sir. naay lain case nga ingani pero gi-agi lang ug blog. check out Brian Gorell's blog posts... below the belt kaayo iyang tira.

daghan sad kog nailhan na ipagawas ilang kalagot sa FB. Maong bantay gihapon ta basin sapi-an imong gikontra.

Quote Originally Posted by [PROTOTYPE] View Post
    not much, sir. naay lain case nga ingani pero gi-agi lang ug blog. check out Brian Gorell's blog posts... below the belt kaayo iyang tira.
    This is just an initial search pero it seems a very big factor is that the message should be posted in the message board, and not in private messages, for it to be considered as cyberlibel.

Liability

The Gorrell blog certainly would be open source, and I think the people concerned can go after the individuals who run the domain for Blogger.com to shut down the page. Not really sure if this will work but at least it will get the administrators worried about the hassles of court hearings, me thinks.

Gucci Gang controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mas kuyaw og hitman imong kontra sa fb..perting post² nimo unya diay to imong kontra perti nang pangita nimo para pusilon tsk tsk tsk..dapat jud mag bantay²

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast