Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Why do you post in the Science Subforum of iStorya.net?

In light of the recent events re various individuals questioning the manner by which this very subforum is managed, I thought of starting a thread which is admittedly a little OT, but is still somewhat relevant to the very existence of this subforum.

So why do you post here? Try to be sincere and honest in your answers.

As a side note, I felt compelled to ask this because there are individuals out there who go into science forums with a "prepared mission" in mind (sort of like how Born-again Christians feel that it's their obligation to convert people to becoming Born-again Christians), and that is to inject their own line of beliefs and try to make sure that their message comes across in a forum/subforum such as this one, in an almost clandestine "special forces covert ops" style or guerilla warfare hit-and-run tactics.

Well, I was tasked to moderate these boards, and it's simply my policy not to allow such types of "pre-planned missions" into this section of iStorya.net. They may be doing it in some other subforums, but since I don't manage those, I don't care what they do there, but if hilabtan nila ang Science section, then bantay dyud sila. Such activities will not be tolerated in these boards. If you post here because you are classified as one of these people I'm talking about, you will be given infractions, and as many infractions as needed to deal with your particular disregard for the iStorya.net forum rules.

So again, I ask, why do you post here? Be honest, be sincere. I highly encourage the regular subforum contributors/thread-starters and posters to share their thoughts on this matter.

I'll start off:

1. To post science news I happen to come across

2. To discuss matters pertaining to a specific field of science (astronomy) or engineering (space exploration) that I'm interested in

3. To react/give feedback to/give opinion on an item that has been posted in the subforum

-RODION
    Last edited by rodsky; 03-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Infractions: 0/3 (6)
    I post in this section because even when i was still a little child science has amazed me. Bogo kaayo ko sa math but i like reading books of knowledge. I don't always argue about who's wrong or right, as long as deep inside me i agree with myself he he.

This section is very informative.
    Even though recently there have been arguments but in the light of those arguments daghan ta nakat-unan bag-o nga mga butang wa ta kabalo sa una.

i just like science.

Very well said sir.. I think there are specific forums on the net that cater to arguments related to "prepared missions." hehe!

As for me, I share what I know about science which is probably only in physics especially in recent developments. In return, I also learn new things from other people like other news or information from other fields of science that I don't have any knowledge about. To be honest, I always visit this section everyday, just to see what new things there are. I love science and I love this science subforum as from what sir rod originally intended.

to share what i found in the net - related to this section of course..

OT: but usually i'm a lurker in this section - to be amazed by what this world have / to learn new things / to relearn stuff that i thought were "real", yea, real conspiracies indeed (the greatest conspiracy of them all - moon landing, the alignment on 2012, polar shifts). the one word i cant forget on this conspiracies is "BALONEY", from non-other than the TS himself.

anyway, im still learning.. aww, we diay.

to share w/ like minded people/

Blog Entries
    To discuss about biology

i'm just a reader.. response when necessary...

I post anywhere that interests me..

well science is so broad yet each of them is interesting for me..

here are my main reasons why i post here:

1. although not a hardcore science geek, i love reading about new and interesting scientific discoveries.
    2. i love reading science articles in the net. if i read something interesting, i share it here.
    3. as a self-proclaimed atheist, science is my way of reassuring myself that faith is irrational and 'evidence' is the way to go.
    4. i love lurking around here especially during lunch when i'm eating.

Blog Entries
    Nice posts. Now I again ask some important questions:

A. Those of you who enjoying posting in these boards and find no trouble when posting, can you tell me if I gave you some special privilege or some special power, or some other kind of "payment" in return for praising this subforum, or praising me, its moderator, or allowing you to freely say what you want to say without danger of being given and infraction or being banned?

B. Did it ever occur to you, that perhaps why you have no trouble in posting here, without reservations, and with genuine eagerness to discuss and share what you know, or want to know about, its because the contents/topics/discussions found in the subforum doesn't symbolize a threat to your beliefs/faith?

-RODION

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast