Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default BIOFUEL is a scam - The Clean Energy Scam?

i just read this in Time's magazine. it can be found online sad.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...725975,00.html

Several new studies show the biofuel boom is doing exactly the opposite of what its proponents intended: it's dramatically accelerating global warming, imperiling the planet in the name of saving it.

it does makes sense...

look at this picture

The tiny rain forest is surrounded by (whooping! 200,000) hectares of soybean fields in the Mato Grosso state, Brazil.

An explosion in demand for farm-grown fuels has raised global crop prices to record highs.

Advocates are always careful to point out that biofuels are only part of the solution to global warming, that the world also needs more energy-efficient lightbulbs and homes and factories and lifestyles. And the world does need all those things. But the world is still going to be fighting an uphill battle until it realizes that right now, biofuels aren't part of the solution at all. They're part of the problem.

Anyway, the full topic can be read here - http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...725975,00.html
    in summary - its saying biofuel is doing exactly the opposite of what it was intended for.

What cha think? Our government are also encourahing biofuels - more deforrestation here. A lot of countries are also doing the same.

Default Re: BIOFUEL is a scam - The Clean Energy Scam

i say... ELECTRIC CARS!!!

bitaw mas maayo electric cars wa pay kas gasolina .pero kuyaw sad mu mahal na hinuon ang kuryente kay mag shortage nya.

No its not a scam.. get all the news and facts before you will post something like that.
    Look at Brazil for example ->http://www.i-sis.org.uk/BiofuelRepublicBrazil.php

More search results here -> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...brazil&spell=1

Its a SCAM...

NY Times has written on the DESTRUCTION of the amazon rain forest just to produce ethanol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rance
    No its not a scam.. get all the news and facts before you will post something like that.
    Look at Brazil for example ->http://www.i-sis.org.uk/BiofuelRepublicBrazil.php

More search results here -> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...brazil&spell=1
    i just read the link.
    here's what i found from that page.

Potentially catastrophic for global warming and biodiversity

The Amazon is one of the largest terrestrial carbon sinks, and losing that would greatly increase carbon emissions and contribute to warming the planet by perhaps a further 0.6 to 1.5 C over and above the warming already predicted by the IPCC for this century [8]. Scientists are increasingly concerned about a likely threshold of deforestation beyond which the entire ecosystem could collapse and begin to die back [9] (Why Gaia Needs Rainforests, SiS 20). The reason is that much of the rainfall that sustains the forest is recycled; water is absorbed by the trees and returned to the atmosphere by evapo-transpiration. An estimated 7 trillion tonnes of water are recycled, which helps to cool the atmosphere immediately above the forests. The water cycle - which supports agriculture in the region and elsewhere - could break down, and that could affect the US grain belt [10] (Why the United States Needs the Amazon, SiS 20). Permanent drought over the Amazon basin may seriously reduce the already diminishing global food supply, and at the same time send ever larger amounts of carbon emissions into the atmosphere in a catastrophic upward spiral of global warming that would despatch most species on earth to extinction, including our own

If you came from China or lets say from the Philippines.. Do you care about Amazon? Of course the people or the company who produces the gasoline and diesel will hype that up right? so look at the pollution in Cebu or in Manila right now for example do you think the exhaust are helping our health? what about the daily commuters? and the children who goes to school everyday and inhale those carbon emissions? do you think its not killing them? Bio-fuel is an alternative for all of this and it's cheaper compared to the gas price right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rance
    If you came from China or lets say from the Philippines.. Do you care about Amazon? Of course the people or the company who produces the gasoline and diesel will hype that up right? so look at the pollution in Cebu or in Manila right now for example do you think the exhaust are helping our health? what about the daily commuters? and the children who goes to school everyday and inhale those carbon emissions? do you think its not killing them? Bio-fuel is an alternative for all of this and it's cheaper compared to the gas price right now.
    EVER heard of the TERM EL NINO?

destruction of rain forest from Indonesia to the Amazon jungle is responsible for EL NINO.....

I have also read it on Time Magazine, these green promoters just wants our money.[br]

I found Water powered cars much better

Quote Originally Posted by ajol
    EVER heard of the TERM EL NINO?

destruction of rain forest from Indonesia to the Amazon jungle is responsible for EL NINO.....
    Have you heard about Brazil the 3rd largest economy in the world? after China and India?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast