Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Moto RAZR V3i Bluetooth Headset Connection Bug - Help Moto Razr users.

Just got this phone two days ago. Everything seems to be working perfectly. No lags. When I transfered mp3s via itunes the worled flawelessly. When I Transfered Mp3s/pics/videos to and from via bluetooth no problem as well.

I noticed a particular bug yesterday. When I connect my bluetooth headset, the plantronics Discovery 640 Multipoing BT headset, my phone wont play Mp3s anymore. Also the battery drains faster if you have the headset connected all the time. All the calls are working without any hitches though. Once I am connected, all the incoming calls automaticaly connects and all the outgoing call I make also automatically connect to the BT headset.

The problem is, once you headset is connected, all the beeps and tones you get while accesing your RAZR will come out sa BT headset, which explains the battery life being reduced drastically. Another issue as I mentioned earlier is no sound will come out when playing itunes or simply browsing through the audio files liek ring styles on the phone that are Mp3 based. When I attemp to play the ringstyles while the BT headset is connected all I get is one 1 seconder Beep. The normal beeping tones work normally though. When I am in Itunes while the BT headset is connected, visually everythings normal, you see the song playing on the phone, but no sound is coming out from the phone anymore. Once you drop the connection between the headset and the phone everything works normally again.

There used to be a problem with the way Nokia handled bluetooth headsets before. Once you connect the headset, all the sound from the phone would transfer to the headset reducing battery life from of the phone and the headset. If your nokia phone could play mp3s even they would transfer to the headset with Mono quality.

I think this is the exact same bug as what the RAZR is having now, its surprising though since the V3i is already 3 generations down the line na, you'd expect it to not have a bug like this. The MP3s some how I thing are attempted to be transfered on the BT headset but are rejected by the headset but the phone still keeps on playing them on the phone.

Is anyone else having this problem?

My temporary solution is just have BT turned ON on the phone but not connected all the time to the BT headset. when i make a call I just press "-" button which is the menu/functions button, and from there, choose to connect to the headset. Then after i use it, I go to the Bluetooth section again then drop the Handsfree connection. This saves battery life both on the phone and the headset. Yesterday I had it connected the whole day and at night around 7pm I got low battery status on the RAZR, headset was doing fine ra.

This is a little incovenient so im hoping Moto will fix this soon. I love the way my P900 handles the BT connections, they only connect to the headset when there is a call and when you are making a call or when you press the BT headset button to activate voice dialing. Apart from that they not connected but paired only. No keypad beeps or anything will come out on the BT headset when handling the P900.

I want them both to auto connect to the BT headset since the plantronics discovery 640 is multipoint and can handle two Phones at the same time. For me, its very useful for my "Sun" and "globe"

The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

Default Re: Moto RAZR V3i Bluetooth Headset Connection Bug - Help Moto Razr users.

sir, try posting your problem sa HowardForums.com or at Motox.us (mods, i'm not advertising other boards, but rather, offering help) don't post sa MoMo, kay gamay ra kaayo V3i users didto. i didn't know this coz i don't have a bluetooth headset. if i do get a hold of one, i'll try to try it myself and post feedback.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Moto RAZR V3i Bluetooth Headset Connection Bug - Help Moto Razr users.

Thanks I posted na sa Howard Forms, will post nya sa motox.us sad later So far sa other forums, murag bug gyud ni sa ilang bluetooth.

www.mytechisland.com

Blog Entries

Heres Moto's respond:

Subject
    Bluetooth Headset Rington Problem

Discussion Thread
    Response (csr01) 16/06/2006 11.09 AM
    Dear Mr Yu
    Thank you for your email dated 14 June 2006.

What you have encountered is due to the fact that a bluetooth device is currently connected to the Motorola V3i handset. You would realise that once the bluetooth connection is deactivated, you will be able to listen to the songs and ringtones as per normal.

Yours sincerely
    Cathy
    Auto-Response 14/06/2006 04.10 PM

www.mytechisland.com

ryan, the problem with motorola's bluetooth is the compatibility. mamili sya og motorola nga accessories. although there is a process to trick your system pero the process is too complicated. there's also problem with motorola file transfer to a nokia phone via bluetooth

screw moto and their below par CS!!

i got the same lame reply to a query long time ago.

that is a sad news tsk tsk tsk..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Convoy
    ryan, the problem with motorola's bluetooth is the compatibility. mamili sya og motorola nga accessories. although there is a process to trick your system pero the process is too complicated. there's also problem with motorola file transfer to a nokia phone via bluetooth
    I wouldnt mind the complication please do explain further and if you can state the differences bertween using a motoloa Bluetooth Headset and an non motorola bluetooth headset with the RAZR V3i. Thanks

www.mytechisland.com

@convoy: what problem with file transfer to a nokia phone have you experienced? I used to have the E398@Rokr but i never experienced bluetooth problems when sending or receiving fiels (pictures and mp3s) from my brother's Ngage or with my uncle's P910i.

ryan, the problem is i didnt try to figure it out. i have a mental disorder that if i think about something deeply, i become grumpy. hehehe

chanbri, the problem occured with my v3x to w800 file transfer. it already worked but it took a "process" unlike other phones. maybe not all motorola are complicated but naa gyud sya

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast