Default comment on UH [Uncle Henry's] @ BTC...

Went there last friday.Â* The food and service was excellent.Â* Their bread, pesto, steak and salad are superb and good service to boot.Â* They are a little bit pricey and their serving is not that plenty.Â* IMHO, I think they are way better then Formo.Â* Formo has a more strategic location at BTC though but UH has a more laid back, classy, intimate atmosphere.

They also transform into a lounge bar on Fridays and Saturdays playing house and lounge music and best of all local beers are only 50 compared to Formo's 65.

I hope they increase their serving though...

Default Re: comment on UH [Uncle Henry's] @ BTC...

Quote Originally Posted by LytSlpr
    Went there last friday. The food and service was excellent. Their bread, pesto, steak and salad are superb and good service to boot. They are a little bit pricey and their serving is not that plenty. IMHO, I think they are way better then Formo. Formo has a more strategic location at BTC though but UH has a more laid back, classy, intimate atmosphere.

They also transform into a lounge bar on Fridays and Saturdays playing house and lounge music and best of all local beers are only 50 compared to Formo's 65.

I hope they increase their serving though...
    I beg to disagree with you on this LytSlpr.

3 of us went there to eat.. we also ordered steak.. couscous, something like cheese sticks, calamari. and other kinds of food. We went for as big a selection as we could to get a good idea of their food. It's either their food did not taste good at all or our filipino tastebuds were not accustomed to the taste.. (especially thr couscous). The steak was dry and hard to slice..

I also am baffled by the place.. they are supposed to be a fine dining restaurant.. yet they transform into a restobar.. so which of the two is it?> you cant be both fine dining and restobar.. i think they just did this to attract crowds cause nobody goes there for fine dining.. (A little bit pricey is an understatement.... try ridiculously expensive?) Besides, if you want cheap local beers.. just go above formo.. Pod 5 sells P40 - P50 beers.

To be fair, their service is very good.. attentive and well trained staff.

really? that's odd!

for me their steaks are okay compared to tinderbox and cafe adriatico, which are rock hard. the gravy of the latters are better than UH though.

anyway, they serve fine cuisine but i think technically they are a metropolitan resto/bar just like Formo.Â* in this part of the country it makes perfect business sense to cater to the crowd coz if not they'll be left out.

i agree with you that their food is expensive probably because most are imported. Their service is good, I doubt though if it is still that good when they turn into a bar during the late nights when the crowd gets rowdy and their staff needs to hustle.

btw, i think i know who you are. discount n'ya sa POD 5 ha? hehehe!!!

ot: i like my steaks medium rare, para dili gahi.

Quote Originally Posted by slakker
    ot: i like my steaks medium rare, para dili gahi.
    i like them medium-well

6.    Advertisement