Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default New Thought Movement - A new way of looking at the bible?

When I was in high school, one of the earliest books that I've read was "The Power of Positive Thinking" by: Norman Vincent Peale. I'm sure you have also read that famous book. Maybe you are also familiar about the SECRET. The good thing about these books is that they are based on The New Thought Movement which is also based on THE BIBLE but transcends on the DOGMATIC SIDE of RELIGION. It focuses on man's CONSCIOUSNESS and METAPHYSICS rather than BIBLICAL FANATICISM.

How many of you are aware of this movement?

The New Thought Movement or New Thought is a spiritual movement which developed in the United States during the late 19th century and emphasizes metaphysical beliefs. It consists of a loosely allied group of religious denominations, secular membership organizations, authors, philosophers, and individuals who share a set of metaphysical beliefs concerning the effects of positive thinking, the law of attraction, healing, life force, creative visualization and personal power.[1] It promotes the ideas that God is ubiquitous, spirit is the totality of real things, true human selfhood is divine, divine thought is a force for good, all sickness originates in the mind, and 'right thinking' has a healing effect.
    Although New Thought is neither monolithic nor doctrinaire, in general modern day adherents of New Thought believe that God is "supreme, universal, and everlasting", that divinity dwells within each person and that all people are spiritual beings, and that "the highest spiritual principle [is] loving one another unconditionally . . . and teaching and healing one another", and that "our mental states are carried forward into manifestation and become our experience in daily living".[2]
    The three major, but distinct, religious denominations within the American New Thought movement are Unity Church, Religious Science,and the Church of Divine Science .

New Thought - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by regnauld; 05-08-2009 at 01:07 PM.

igsoon ra na sa New Age Movement,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xiao-xiao View Post
    igsoon ra na sa New Age Movement,
    Well, the New Age Movement can trace its root from The New Thought Movement!

Even Jesus The Christ speaks about the NEW AGE!

New World Order?

Blog Entries
    New Thought Movement is revolutionary when it comes to interpreting THE BIBLE!

Banned User

Default Tsk tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    New Thought Movement is revolutionary when it comes to interpreting THE BIBLE!
    Bro, Im not sure if believers of Christ ka or dili. I could say you are trying to interpret bible in other ways and may or may not trying to destroy the Bible. It seems your thread is very controversial and in such a way appealing to those who are less spiritual.

For centuries there are a lot of attacks from the Bible but none of them could disprove the accuracy of the Bible. Just Google it and you will find tons and tons of data. But I bet you will not listen because you are already a confident man with answers to everything... i guess. Its hard to debate on this matter and i wont start it. Hmmm. I believe you are running in a fine thread. Peace bro and stop destroying faith.

Anyways for all those readers please it is in revelation that this is the beginning of the last days. Please read your bible. For those who does'nt quite understand the new commandment as with the old(ten commandment) start reading book of Romans.

Peace to all!

Sepher Sephiroth says : mabongahon nga topiko salamat .....

^ bonga jud imo mga comments, bro. i like

on the new age/new thought movement, anything that makes us better beings, then go!

Blog Entries
    “I AM the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside Me.” (Isaiah 45:5). You, the reader, are the one and only being there is. When you say, “I AM,” that means the sum-total of all the personalities in the world. All other conceptions are projections in space of the one being, yourself. In the Bible, which is a text book on psychology--metaphysics and man's moods and feelings--the “I AM” is constantly referred to as, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6). “I am the Resurrection and the Life.” (John 11:25). “I am that I am.” (Ex. 3:14). These and similar sayings shine forth in all their true brilliance when once we see that Jesus, the Christ, was not speaking of Himself personally, but of the principle of Being inherent in all mankind.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    “I AM the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside Me.” (Isaiah 45:5). You, the reader, are the one and only being there is. When you say, “I AM,” that means the sum-total of all the personalities in the world. All other conceptions are projections in space of the one being, yourself. In the Bible, which is a text book on psychology--metaphysics and man's moods and feelings--the “I AM” is constantly referred to as, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6). “I am the Resurrection and the Life.” (John 11:25). “I am that I am.” (Ex. 3:14). These and similar sayings shine forth in all their true brilliance when once we see that Jesus, the Christ, was not speaking of Himself personally, but of the principle of Being inherent in all mankind.
    ---------------------------------
    Nobody reply coz nobody understand you bro. What you are saying again?

In the Bible, which is a text book on psychology--metaphysics and man's moods and feelings?

I demand your source Bro. Or is it just you.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast