Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Chances of Software/QA Tester on becoming a full-time DEVELOPER?

Is there any chance a tester will become a developer especially when you're inclined to software development?? Have you heard of any examples from it firms? I hope the chance is high so I would not hesitate to accept a job as a tester...

Default Re: Chances of Software/QA Tester on becoming a full-time DEVELOPER?

yes dako. you just need to show the interest and strive very hard to make up for the lost time ..
    nindot kong imong motivation is kong dako og sweldo ang mga developers...
    pro mas nindot kong imong motivation is kai malingaw jud ka.

Quote Originally Posted by rowell83
    Is there any chance a tester will become a developer especially when you're inclined to software development?? Have you heard of any examples from it firms? I hope the chance is high so I would not hesitate to accept a job as a tester...
    IMHO i think that's reverse of the real score imo pagabuhaton. You need to be a software developer before you become a Software QA Tester. For functionality perhaps ma surpass nimu but sa technicality sa imo gi QA nga Software mura madugo jud if wala ka skill sa software developer kay ang pag QA or pag test ug software apil ang technical side. I don't mean nga kamao ka sa tanan nga PL but you must acquire the systems developers skill para maka interpret ka sa nahitabo sa ilalom ug gi unsa pag pagpagawas ang data, computation, validation and etc. If mag QC gud ka naa na documentation nga imo guide then if wala ka niagi pagka systems developer maglisud jud ka ug interpret sa content sa documentation unless ang documentation is mabaw or we call it pang user side lang. But if your company practice a deeper testing standard then i think pwede pero madugo jud kay even a systems developer like me malotsan paman gani sa technical nga side. Tips lang ni bro para aware ka sa actual task sa Software QA tester.

^^maybe he means tester as in same sa lexmark and epson? if that's the case, yes oi daghan mi kaila sa lexmark nag start tester and now are software / web devs there and in other big companies here in cebu. but of course you have to keep on improving your skills during your free time so you won't get stuck to being a tester.

Quote Originally Posted by hahayLAYP
    ^^maybe he means tester as in same sa lexmark and epson? if that's the case, yes oi daghan mi kaila sa lexmark nag start tester and now are software / web devs there and in other big companies here in cebu. but of course you have to keep on improving your skills during your free time so you won't get stuck to being a tester.
    are you sure? do you know what are the jobs of the tester or perhaps do they have a test plan and test automation plan with a concrete framework from module level to data-driven or table driven or the hybrid? do you know that a tester is responsible for the core activities of the test effort, which involves conducting the necessary tests and logging outcomes (scripts/codes) of the testing effort? are you sure that tester is a level below than a developer? peace!

dlanyer77: most of the testers here in cebu(well if your in cebu) are testing companies that hahaylayp is refering in which they usually perform the user side software testing and already have the test cases(they also have some user guides and if clever enough you can get the developers guide) na ipang perform nalang sa mga testers.

and by the way the issue here tester becoming a developer and not which job position is higher.

are you sure i implied that it is below a developer ?? where in my post did i say anything derogatory about a tester ? you're too defensive you're reading between the lines even if there's nothing there. i was just citing that the thread starter's question is indeed possible. "stuck to" isnt derogatory. i was stuck to a management position for a few years in a different industry before i got the chance of fulfilling my dream job of being a programmer. that's both a sample sentence and a fact.
    and by "improving skills" i meant his programming skills.

Quote Originally Posted by M@rv|n
    dlanyer77: most of the testers here in cebu(well if your in cebu) are testing companies that hahaylayp is refering in which they usually perform the user side software testing and already have the test cases(they also have some user guides and if clever enough you can get the developers guide) na ipang perform nalang sa mga testers.

and by the way the issue here tester becoming a developer and not which job position is higher.

"get stuck as a tester" nga line ako na focus bro. by the way imo diay gi mean is blackbox testing performed ni hahaylayp before siya nahimong dev. i see it very unique kay most of the pro in Software Testing are previously a developer. Mura man nag down-grade but anyway i respect them. we all have dreams for our own.

Quote Originally Posted by hahayLAYP
    are you sure i implied that it is below a developer ?? where in my post did i say anything derogatory about a tester ? you're too defensive you're reading between the lines even if there's nothing there. i was just citing that the thread starter's question is indeed possible. "stuck to" isnt derogatory. i was stuck to a management position for a few years in a different industry before i got the chance of fulfilling my dream job of being a programmer. that's both a sample sentence and a fact.
    and by "improving skills" i meant his programming skills.
    i have nothing to defend or hide man bro because i have it both. i respect your dream. Amen. peace!

a good test engineer requires a good programming skills for test automation development..
    especially if you are a firmware/software test engineer.
    Mag develop man sad mo ug tools nga para
    ma automate ang inyong testing and mas efficient.
    So while testing the products, mag develop pud ka ug imong program (from scratch)
    para ma automatic na imong testing, mas mu paspas, mas mu sayun, mas reliable, mas efficient.. ug uban pa.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast