Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default My work out tips...... this is my programs....hope you'll get something from it.

Principle #1

Do not train for more than an hour, 30-40 minutes being the optimal length.
    It is scientifically proven that this shorter duration training maximizes your hormonal spikes. Training any longer is going to increase your secretion of cortisol, a catabolic hormone. Your routines also need to have a "sprint-like" quality to them to maintain maximum intensity. If you train too long you are going to pace yourself, whether that be consciously or subconsciously.

Principle #2

Train only 1 to 2 major muscle groups in a workout.
    This is more psychological. You are more apt to pour more into your workouts if you know you are only hitting one or two muscle groups in a given workout.

Principle #3

Do 6 to 9 total heavy sets per muscle group.
    I will tell you right now, this is generous. Honestly if you are pouring maximum intensity into your workouts, you probably won't need much more than 3 to 5 heavy sets. The stronger and more experienced you are, the less you will need. Also, with the given rest periods that will be prescribed, this is about all you could accomplish in the recommended time frame.

Principle #4

Do 4 to 6 reps per muscle group.
    This is the heart and soul of maximizing your training. Why? For you to get the most muscle growth possible, you want to attack the muscle fibers that have the most growth potential - - your white, fast-twitched muscle fibers. Any other fiber has minimal growth potential in comparison and it is scientifically documented that the way to hit these white fibers is with a heavy weight in a 4 to 6 rep range. Also, any higher rep range is going to draw excess lactate into the muscle, thus fatiguing the muscle.
    Remember... overload builds muscle, not fatigue. If you are constantly pulling lactate into the muscle, you will hinder your performance and shortchange your overload. Lastly, the added benefit of the 4 to 6 rep range is the "focus"element. It is a lot easier to put forth 100% mental intensity into a set that lasts 15-20 seconds than a set that would last double that time.

Principle #5

Rest 2 to 3 minutes between sets.
    Another scientifically proven aspect of performance is that it can take anywhere from 90 seconds to 3 minutes for your Krebb's cycle to recover maximally, depending on the muscle being worked, the amount of weight used, and the exercise being performed. Again, if you do not fully recover between sets you are going to compromise your next set performance. Thus, in turn, would shortchange your overload on your target muscle. Optimal rest-time between sets would be 2 1/2 minutes, so set your stopwatches.

Principle #6

Train each muscle once every 5 to 7 days.
    It has been shown time and time again that a muscle can take as long as 5 to 7 days to fully recover from a heavy, high-intensity workout. Get this straight if you don't already know it...WE DO NOT GROW IN THE GYM! Our lifting is just the stimulus for muscle growth. The recovery process is where the muscle responds by growing stronger and bigger, readying itself for future stress. If you do not allow full and complete recovery of your muscles, you will impede your growth and soon venture into the realm of overtraining.
    Now that I have laid out the principles for you, you are probably asking yourself what a typical routine would look like. Below is one that I have just finished as I write this. I say finished because I change my routine every 4 weeks just for mental variety and stimulation. This routine is a great template for all of you to start with in your quest for MAXIMUM MUSCLE!

My Programs

1st day- Shoulders & Triceps 3rd day- Back & Wings/Traps
    2nd day- Chest & Biceps 4th day- Legs & Forearms

Default Re: My work out tips...... this is my programs....hope you'll get something from

thanks...

Default Re: My work out tips...... this is my programs....hope you'll get something from

well said kay based jud on solid principles. tinood jud ni but kaso lang mga taw kasagaran mag gahi ulo and nahan jud volume training which is bad.

ty sparrow.

Default Re: My work out tips...... this is my programs....hope you'll get something from it.

my tip... NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart73
    well said kay based jud on solid principles. tinood jud ni but kaso lang mga taw kasagaran mag gahi ulo and nahan jud volume training which is bad.

ty sparrow.
    yeah... there's no need to train too much.....basta ma igo na imong muscles with the right weights and repetitions... sakto nana!

too much is bad baya, bawng mo dako imo muscles, mokobol noon...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow
    yeah... there's no need to train too much.....basta ma igo na imong muscles with the right weights and repetitions... sakto nana!

too much is bad baya, bawng mo dako imo muscles, mokobol noon...hehehe
    so, bro! pila na ka ka months nag lift og weight? unsa imo kina bug-atan weight para sa imo chest? sa arms? shoulder? back og legs? pila na ka % imo body fat karun?

Default Re: My work out tips...... this is my programs....hope you'll get something from it.

nice tip!

magsugod na bya kog workout sa citygym

sir pag loss weight, gaan ra ang arsaon daun daghan ang counting? s it true?

[quote=johnphil7 ]
    sir pag loss weight, gaan ra ang arsaon daun daghan ang counting? s it true?

not really, because if you lift weight, youll be gaining muscle, and gaining muscle is gaining weight, basi ang imo pasabot pa wala sa imo tambok. if you want to loose the fat(wich will eventually you will loose weight) do cardio exercises, the best cardio exercises are jogging, biking, walking. remember if you lift weight youll be gaining muscle, pero maka tangtang pud og gamay nga fat so tabla ra, cardio exercises jud to loose the fat

ganun na nga po sir....tnx po for the info

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast