Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default OMG!! Opening System Unit Voids Warranty!!

I just talked with a friend of mine who bought a P.C. from a computer store in S.M., which for now will remain unnamed. (Hint: Naa sa Gawas sa SM dili sa sulod) :mrgreen:

Specs are as follows:
    Celeron D341 (2.39 Ghz) LGA775
    Jetway P4MBMS
    512 DDR
    40GB Samsung HDD
    15" Giant Monitor

Now here comes the problem, according to my friend who bought this rig, there are warranty stickers "strategically" placed at the back of the system unit. This stickers apparently tear up when you remove the casing's side panels.

Question: Is this for real? Does it mean that when I change to a new video card or install a PCI card my warranty will be voided?

This kind of "underhanded" thing really annoys me, especially that it happened to a friend of mine who has limited technical knowledge with computers their warranty terms.

Blog Entries

Default Re: OMG!! Opening System Unit Voids Warranty!!

That shouldn't be the case. You can ask your friend to consult a lawyer since that would qualify as an unfair trade practice since they are practically forcing your friend to buy upgrades from them.

bro master
    ignon ani sad ako pc
    pero kato nipalit ko ug video card
    ako ra gidala ang pc didto sa ila para sila mutaod kay tungod sa sticker
    taod rasad nila way charge and they replaced the sticker
    hassle lang kay imo dad on sa ila if naa ka ipataod
    pero kutob ra man sad sa ila warranty

I am not really sure if it is an unfair trade practice.

The sticker is meant to protect the seller too.
    Say for instance, you replaced the RAM with a slower type and with a lower capacity then you go to the seller that it was not the one you ordered?

When you buy their machine, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS or else you will lose the warranty.

for me, its unfair.

ngeeee, kahasol sa sticker sa side panel sa casing. Unya, maabot man jud ang time nga kinahanglan nmo limpyohan sa sulod kay abog na kaayo. ok ra ang mga parts, example vcard or mem ang butangan ug sticker, pra dili mailisan ug lain, pro dili ang side panel sa casing knahanglan butangan....

i think diri ra gyud ni sa philippines

kinsa naka palit ug hp sa sm........ naa bay sticker pud??

for me i think i should have gone to the place where i bought the pc and have it upgraded by them.. in this way they can put a new sticker...

Quote Originally Posted by chrizy4u!
    ngeeee, kahasol sa sticker sa side panel sa casing. Unya, maabot man jud ang time nga kinahanglan nmo limpyohan sa sulod kay abog na kaayo. ok ra ang mga parts, example vcard or mem ang butangan ug sticker, pra dili mailisan ug lain, pro dili ang side panel sa casing knahanglan butangan....
    this means guro na sila gihapon siguro ang imo pa limpiohon sa pc... hehehe kay dili man mahimo kung ma void ang sticker.. the best way is to DIY!!!

per part man ang warranty ana. dili man mu mind cla (sa store nga akong palitanan dha gihapon dapit sa sm) if magisi ang sticker sa casing kay ang important, dili magisi ang sticker sa taga part i.e mobo, videocard ect... basta wala lay physical damage unya dili ma gisi ang sticker sa store and supplier, wla man problema nig claim og warranty

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast