Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default DDR4 RAM: Should I wait? Or should I just go with 32 GB of DDR3?

Thinking of building a small form factor gaming PC with a lot of oomph. One thing bugging me is the impending arrival of DDR4 memory modules (Some time next year).

Now, considering the current situation and considering that it may take some time for DDR4 to be readily available, should I wait for it to being more available or should I just roll with more DDR3 memory instead?

It really depends, well for a lot of factors, are you willing to most likely change your MOBO and risk the chance of having issues with the first wave of DDR4 releases? and as to rumors heard, DDR4 will be supported on 4th gens(Haswells), so most likely even upgrading your proc will be a factor if your coming from sandy or ivys(sorry, Di ko sweto sa AMDs PART, but you know what i mean hehe), and the price, we still dont know if it will be higher or lower, but lets say it will be higher, so, now, it really depends on you.

dpende kung mapugnan pa TS!

way pulos maghuwat2x ani atong bisyo bro, ug ako nimo palita ug unsay naa karon.. just my 2 cents..

Quote Originally Posted by m.garz View Post
    way pulos maghuwat2x ani atong bisyo bro, ug ako nimo palita ug unsay naa karon.. just my 2 cents..
    YES YES YES!!! jud ko ani, wahahahaha

Cge lng mog pamalit da. haha paliti pud kog apil b!

TS, so the question here is....

what is your Current Setup/ SPECS?

Palit nalang sa DDR3 rams TS. Nig gawas sa DDR4, palit napud...

Quote Originally Posted by jhnpl View Post
    Palit nalang sa DDR3 rams TS. Nig gawas sa DDR4, palit napud...
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxal Eternitum View Post
    Thinking of building a small form factor gaming PC with a lot of oomph. One thing bugging me is the impending arrival of DDR4 memory modules (Some time next year).

Now, considering the current situation and considering that it may take some time for DDR4 to be readily available, should I wait for it to being more available or should I just roll with more DDR3 memory instead?
    TS, if you think you need a new PC now then by all means go buy it.. If you don't need one yet, then you might want to hold off till the point where you actually need it na.

As a system builder, I'd prefer ddr3 because it already has a mature ecosystem (cpu, boards etc) meaning less chances of incompatibilities with a new architecture.

For a SFF gaming setup, concentrate more on your Case, Board, PSU options on whether to go ITX or microATX. Also pay attention to the videocard length and power requirements.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast