Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Women~

Default For Women~

The Bible and the Immune System

The Bible instructs that male babies are to be circumcised on the eighth day (Genesis 17:12). Medical science has now discovered that this is the day that the coagulating factor in the blood, called prothrombin, is the highest. It reaches its peak on the eighth d ay, then drops. Medical science has also discovered that this is when the human body's immune system is at its peak.

The Bible and the Laws of Quarantine

Long before medical science discovered the importance of quarantine of persons with infectious diseases, the Bible instigated them . In 1940 B.C., the Scriptures tell the children of Israel what to do if a man has leprosy: "All the days wherein the plague shall be in him he shall be defiled; he is unclean: he shall dwell alone; without the camp shall his habitation be" (Leviticus 13:46). Laws of quarantine were not instigated by modern man until the seventeenth century.

"During the devastating Black Death of the fourteenth century, patients who were sick or dead were kept in the same rooms as the rest of the family. People often wondered why the disease was affecting so many people at one time. They attributed these epidemics to 'bad air' or 'evil spirits.' However, careful attention to the medical commands of God as revealed in Leviticus would have saved untold millions of lives. Arturo Castiglione wrote about the overwhelming importance of this biblical medical law: 'The laws against leprosy in Leviticus 13 may be regarded as the first model of sanitary legislation.' ( A History of Medicine)." Grant R. Jeffery, The Signature of God

The Bible and "Lights"

God created the "lights" in the heavens "for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years" (Genesis 1:14). Through the marvels of astronomy we now understand that a year is the time required for the earth to travel once around the sun. The seasons are caused by the changing position of the earth in relation to the sun —"astronomers can tell exactly from the earth's motion around the sun when one season ends and the next season begins" ( Worldbook Multimedia Encyclopedia ). We also now understand that a "month [is] the time of one revolution of the moon around the earth with respect to the sun" ( Encyclopedia Britannica ). How could Moses (the accepted author of Genesis) have known 3,500 years ago the "lights" of the sun and moon were actual determining factors of the year's length unless his words were inspired by God?

The Bible and the Stars

In Jeremiah 33:22, the Bible states that "the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured." When this was first written, 2,500 years ago, no one knew how vast the stars were, since only about 1,100 were visible. Now we know that there are billions of stars, and that they cannot be numbered.

The Bible also tells us that each star is unique (1 Corinthians 15:41). All stars look alike to the naked eye. Even when seen through a telescope, they still seem to be just points of light. However, close examination of their light spectra reveals that each is different from all others.

The Bible and Outer Space

"Long before the Hubble Space Telescope was available, the Bible spoke of both 'the heaven' and 'the highest heavens' (see Deuteronomy 10:14). Today we know that there are vast reaches in space, with galaxies, and super clusters —'the highest heavens.'" Richard Gunther

The Bible and the Sun's Circuit

In speaking of the sun, the psalmist (800 B.C.) said that "his going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof" (Psalm 19:6). For many years critics scoffed at this verse, claiming that it taught the doctrine of geocentricity (i.e., the sun revolves around the earth). Scientists at that time thought the sun was stationary. However, it has been discovered in recent years that the sun is in fact moving through space at approximately 600,000 miles per hour. It is traveling through the heavens and has a "circuit" just as the Bible says. Its circuit is so large that it would take about 200 million years to complete one orbit.

The Bible and the Revolving Earth

The Scriptures tell us that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ (which will happen at the speed of light —Luke 17:24 ) will occur while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night at the same time. Science didn't discover this until the fifteenth century.

The Bible and the Expanding Universe

It is interesting to note that scientists are beginning to understand that the universe is expanding or stretching out. At least seven times in Scripture we are told that God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain" (e.g., Psalm 104:2).

The Bible Speaks of One Common Ancestor

"Researchers suggest that virtually all modern men —99% of them, says one scientist —are closely related genetically and share genes with one male ancestor, dubbed 'Y-chromosome Adam.' We are finding that humans have very, very shallow genetic roots which go back very recently to one ancestor . . . That indicates that there was an origin in a specific location on the globe, and then it spread out from there." ( U.S. News & World Report , December 4, 1995)

The Bible and the Universal Flood

About 85% of the rock surface around the world is made up of sedimentary rock, indicating that at some time in the past, the world was covered by water." Peter and Paul Lalonde, 301 Startling Proofs and Prophecies (see also Proving the Flood ).

The Bible and Plant Life

Plants need sunlight, water, and minerals in order to grow and to make their own energy and food. If plants do not get sunlight, and yet have water and minerals, they cannot produce chlorophyll. They will then die. It is interesting to notice therefore the chronological order of the Genesis creation. God created light first (Genesis 1:3). He then created water (v. 6), then soil (v. 9), and then He created plant life (v. 11).

Bible Statements Consistent With Biology

The great biological truth concerning the importance of blood in our body's mechanism has been fully comprehended only in recent years. Up until 125 years ago, sick people were "bled," and many died because of this practice. If you lose your blood, you lose your life. The reason doctors give a "blood test" is because blood carries an incredible amount of information about the health of the flesh. The Book of Leviticus, written 1400 B.C., declared that blood is the source of life: "For the life of the flesh is in the blood" (17:11). The blood carries water and nourishment to every cell, maintains the body's temperature, and removes the waste material from the body's cells. It also carries oxygen from the lungs throughout the body. In 1616, William Harvey discovered that blood circulation is the key factor in physical life —confirming what the Bible revealed 3,000 years earlier.

The Bible and Biogenesis

The Scriptures describe biogenesis (the development of living organisms from other living organisms) and the stability of each kind of living organism:

"Then God said, 'Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth'; and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good" (Genesis 1:11,12). "So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good" (Genesis 1:21). "And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good" (Genesis 1:25). The phrase "according to its kind" occurs repeatedly, stressing the reproductive integrity of each kind of animal and plant. Today we understand that this occurs because all of these reproductive systems are programmed by their own genetic codes.

Genesis Explains the Origin of Sexes

Almost all forms of complex life have both male and female —horses, dogs, humans, moths, monkeys, fish, elephants, birds, etc. The male needs the female to reproduce, and the female needs the male to reproduce. One cannot carry on life without the other. The Bible tells us that "He Who made them at the beginning made them male and female" (Matthew 19:4). But if evolution is true, which then came first according to the evolutionary theory?

If a male came into being before a female, how did the male of each species reproduce without females? How is it possible that a male and a female each spontaneously came into being, yet they have complex, complimentary reproductive systems? If each *** was able to reproduce without the other, why (and how) would they have developed a reproductive system that requires both sexes in order for the species to survive?

Have Fun Thinking..

Default Re: the one flaw in Women

well, i don't think it's that complicated... if He's a God that's capable of creating something out of nothing and breathing life into his creations then multiplying his creation be it either "male" first or "female" is not much of a problem.

@OT: debates between male and female reminds me of da vinci code... the sacred feminine , the triangle, the grail and the like...

If a male came into being before a female, how did the male of each species reproduce without females? How is it possible that a male and a female each spontaneously came into being, yet they have complex, complimentary reproductive systems? If each *** was able to reproduce without the other, why (and how) would they have developed a reproductive system that requires both sexes in order for the species to survive?

Have Fun Thinking..
    This is the same as the Rubic's Cube Approach... something that has to be taken into consideration.
    and something that secular scientists or Darwinists disqualify automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBiddle

Have Fun Thinking..
    This is the same as the Rubic's Cube Approach... something that has to be taken into consideration.
    and something that secular scientists or Darwinists disqualify automatically.
    errr... care to expound a little what Rubic's Cube Approach is?

errr... care to expound a little what Rubic's Cube Approach is?
    Well, if a rubic's cube is fixed up at random do you think all the colors will align? if that gives you a hint

Default What are you looking for a Man.......... (for the thoughts!)

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman, "What kind of man are you looking for?"

>She sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asking, "Do you really want to know?"

>Reluctantly, he said "Yes".

>She began to expound...

>"As a woman in this day and age, i am in a position to ask a man what can he do for me that i can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my household without the help of any man...or woman for that matter. I am in the position to ask,"What can you bring to the table?"

>The man loked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money.

>She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not refering to money. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life".

>He sat back in his chair, folded his arms and asked her to explain. She said "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mental because i need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't need a simple minded man".

>"I am looking for someone who is striving perfection spiritually because i don't need to be unequally yoked...believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster".

>"I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because i don't need a financial burden".

>"I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what i go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded.

>"I am looking for someone who i can respect. In order to be submissive, i must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive...he just has to be worthy".

>"God made woman to be a help mate for man. I can't help a man if he can't help himself". When she finished her spill, she looked at him.

>He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot".

>She replied, "I'm worth a lot".

Default Re: What are you looking for a Man.......... (for the thoughts!)

IF YOU HAVE EVER WONDERED WHY MEN LIE…?

One day, while a woodcutter was cutting a branch of a tree above a
    river, his axe fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord
    appeared and asked, "Why are you crying?" The woodcutter replied that
    his axe has fallen into water, and he needed the axe to make his
    living. The Lord went down in the water and reappeared with a golden
    axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked.

The woodcutter replied, "No."

The Lord again went down and came up with a silver axe. "Is this your
    axe?" the Lord asked.

Again, the woodcutter replied, "No."

The Lord went down again and came up with an iron axe. "Is this your
    axe?" the Lord asked.

"Yes", he replied. The Lord was pleased with the man's honesty and
    gave him all three axes to keep, and the woodcutter went home happy!

Some time later the woodcutter was walking with his wife along the
    riverbank, and his wife fell into the river. When he cried out, the
    Lord again appeared and asked him, "Why are you crying?"
    "Oh Lord, my wife has fallen into the water!" The Lord went down into
    the water and came up with Angelina Jolie.

"Is this your wife?" the Lord asked.

"Yes," cried the woodcutter.

The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!"

The woodcutter fell to his knees and cried, "Oh, forgive me, Lord. It
    is misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to Angelina Jolie,
    You would have come up with Catherine Zeta-Jones. Then if I also
    said 'no' to her, you would have come up with my wife. Had I then
    said 'yes,' you would have given me all three. Lord, I am a poor man,
    and am not able to take care of all three wives, and I love my wife
    such that I don't want her to share me with anyone, so THAT'S why I
    said yes to Angelina Jolie."

The moral of this story is: Whenever a man lies, it is for a good and
    honourable reason, and for the benefit of others..

That's their story, and they're sticking to it..

ayytt guys??!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: What are you looking for a Man.......... (for the thoughts!)

not really....
    iSTORYA.net Sitewide Forum Rules
    Buy/Sell/Trade/Classifieds Forum Rules
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.

Default women...(for the thoughts!)

Strong Woman vs. a Woman of Strength

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape...
    but a woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape...

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
    but a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear...

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her...
    but a woman of strength gives the best of her to everyone...

A strong woman walks sure footedly...
    but a woman of strength knows God will catch her if she falls...

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face...
    but a woman of strength wears grace...

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey...
    but a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong...

Default Re: women...(for the thoughts!)

nice quote... i totally agree with this! A woman of strength has faith with what she does and most importantly with GOd Almightly.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast