Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default I just want to share this experience. :)

I have a friend.
    As part of our crusade in IMG - I talked to him about the importance of saving and investing.
    His comment: "Bitaw no? Mag-invest na gyud ko bai. Dugay na kaayo kong nakaplano nga mag-invest. 5 years nako sige trabaho but wala pa gyud ko ka save".

You can really see in his eyes both the feeling of regrets he made during the previous years of not saving and the burning desire of saving now for his future.

However, after receiving his 13th month pay last week, nakabalita cya nga naay 50% off nga new model sa cellphone [LG Optimus] sa SM.
    Unsa iya gibuhat? Ni linya siyag apil to buy that phone..
    I know dili ko kabuot sa iyaha decision but I find it funny sometimes! hahahaha..
    10 years from now, if moduol ko niyag balik den ako cya pangutan-on kung naa na ba cyay na save, di na ko mag-wonder kung unsa iya itubag.. hehehehe..

Wake up guys.

Hinuon, wala man nuon ko nalain sa iya gibuhat. In fact, pasalamat gani ko niya. Because every product he buys at SM means another increase in my mutual fund investment.

Kinsa pa kahay pareha niya no? I hope daghan pa.. Thanks ninyo tanan SPENDERS.
    Congrats tanan SAVERS!

P.S. This is just an eye - opener.

most people are after instant gratification. ok lang if wala pa na-save, but are they doing somethng about it. most would say next time na lang. ok lang kasi sa marami ang employed na lang doing the same routine. mao man ilahang comfort zone. as for me, 5yrs lang me mag-work, after that im done. i have definite plans and ive envisioned the future with it.

Discipline takes time, it will never happen overnight. In your friend's case, he's still learning the ropes of discipline. Saving is a habit and so is spending. If your friend was spending for mostly his entire life, you can never expect him to change right there and then upon realizing the importance of investing and saving.

There are three types of people when it comes to money management:

1.) People who know nothing about money management
    2.) People who knows a thing or two about money management but doesn't have the discipline (maybe just yet)
    3.) People who knows something about money management and applies it to his life

Most people fall into the first two categories. Limited or no knowledge is detrimental. In the first place, how could one manage his money when in fact he doesn't know how? Savings and investing is a very general and superficial term. Everybody wants to save, wants to make their money grow but doesn't have the knowledge and means to do it. People think that in order to invest, one needs a big amount of capital when in fact, with a small amount, investing is already possible. Big things start small.

So why do a lot of people fail? Because they fail to do even the small things. The small things done correctly will sum up into a bigger one. Small expenses that could be suppressed (which are unnecessary) leads to bigger savings and bigger savings leads to peace of mind and a step forward to financial freedom.

Discipline is a key essential in financial success. Whatever path you take financially, discipline spells the success or failure.

I agree but I think discipline is just the next step.
    The first step has to be the URGE or BURNING DESIRE of saving.
    Without it, the person's "plan of saving" and the "plan of being disciplined to save" is just useless.
    There has to be a BURNING DESIRE or NEED of SAVING and a sense of URGENCY to save before the discipline of "saving regularly" takes place.

I know it's painful but what's usually painful in the start is usually fruitful in the end.

People should realize that we are not getting any younger, so
    we need to save, then invest soon in something that yields
    promising and sustainable income.

The question is: how do people save when they just started
    reaping or enjoying the fruits of their labor?

Mao nga palit gyud taman sa gusto or wants! Mau unta ma realize
    sa uban kung unsa ka nindot or kahayahay ang may sufficient
    savings coupled with productive business/businesses.

yes, save & invest first before you spend. it's ok to spend though but don't spend all --> common sense

"In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has."
    - Proverbs 21:20

My share:

Lisod jud kaayo ang mga save Sir.

So ang amo gibuhat, we forced ourselves to take a coop loan to put it into a savings/investment account. Gamay ra man ang interest kompara sa uban.

Dili man ta maka-save anang P500 or P1k a week or a month. Kay magasto jud na! For sure!
    With loan, mura siya og forced savings kay payroll deduction man.

Weird? ...well, that's my share....

OT:
    ...and another IMG thread...

Payts!

Save and invest....

Lisod kaayo i-realize nga " Sayon kaayo pag spend, lisod kaayo pag save."

OT:

copybook:

"Just another IMG thread.."

Bitaw, mas sayun pa kung mag spend kaysa mag save. Kailangan jud ug discplina ani kung mag save ka. Moinvest nya ko pero dili sa ron kay mag study pa ko sa MF ug uban pa.

Financial Industry domination. T_T! Teaching Financial literacy to the Filipinoes on a grand massive scale.
    This is my life, I want to be here for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by lorenzoleo; 11-18-2010 at 10:54 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast