Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hikaru no Go

Default Hikaru no Go

This series deserves a thread of its own. ^^

Favorite character is Sai.

(has a very soft spot for this series)

Default Hikaru no Go

right. nice anime but i really don't know the rules of "Go" game. hope someone will teach me...

Full Time Slave-driver blade101's Avatar

Default Hikaru no Go

waaaaaaaaa!!

been watching this series. lingaw sad. sai rocks!!

Default Hikaru no Go

is this the one about the chess game?

Default Hikaru no Go

@vanceloma, it's more like othello or checkers. ^^ Shougi is the one that's like chess.

Wants the HnG Go Board set below.

Full Time Slave-driver blade101's Avatar

Default Hikaru no Go

maka addict ang series

I want to learn how to play go!!!

Default Hikaru no Go

omg. i love this anime. i've downloaded the rules for go. but its difficult to play it when no you don't have the board. (duh!) i tried to make one but its really difficult to determine the number of stones and the distance of the lines. i've tried to look around who has a goban (the board) but i really couldn't find one. a friend of mine back in college has a board. he asked his brother in law (i think), who is japanese, to buy him a goban but we were short of time and we parted ways. i tried to look for one here in manila but i really couldn't find one. i went to chinatown even just to try my luck. anyway i used to download the manga in toriyamas world but the rights was already bought buy a publisher in new york. does anyone know where to download the rest of the stuff?

i want to buy the OAV with 2rats but its to expensive (70 episodes -- 35 cd's). maybe i'll save on it.

why dont we group up and try to learn how to play go. (haha a go club!) i mean we all have a common interest, right? i'll be back in cebu by nov 26 (for good -- i hope). what do you say?

Default Hikaru no Go

@Maximilian Grave

You can buy the HnG Game (that pic above) over at Animaxis.com --- It's about 20$. Shipping would be about 10$ (I think).

I recommend Animaxis. ^^ The folks over there are quick and efficient. If the item is in stock, you'll receive it over here (in Cebu City) in 3-5 days. I usually get my orders within a week.

The entire HnG manga is available on bittorent, but you'll have problem finding seeders these days. Fansubs are also available for the entire series but again, seeders are scarce.

There are folks around here in Cebu City selling the pirated version. The one that is released by anime2001 or something...

If you happen upon the (anime2001) set, please be advised that not all of the 75 episodes have English subtitles. Also, the translation isn't as accurate as the fansubs. That's one of the problems of pirated versions. Fansubs, at the very least, are made by folks who have a genuine interest in the series.

The anime2001 set is okay if you know Chinese. Knowing some Japanese will also definitely help. The Chinese subtitles that come with it are more accurate than the incomplete English subtitles which were just translated from the Chinese subtitles.

The pirated version is very cheap though. About 1000 pesos for 11? dvds. Each dvd has about 4-5 episodes. TV ripped but quite clear.

Default Hikaru no Go

yen, Have you seen all the episodes of the anime?

Default Hikaru no Go

@ yen

thanx for the tip. is the HnG game a go game? or is it an rpg? i already have a go software (win and mac). i already saw some of the vcd format and its ok. although i wasn't able to see the whole set.

where can i download the hng manga on bittorrent 'cause i have a seeder but its for mac.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast