Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nikxz unÖ View Post
    at chad_tukes:

So whats your point?

I love The Simpson btw's.
    my point is that your post was wrong.

I experience miracles all the time but not according through "biblical" means... Try working in a hospital and you see wonders and miracles being made every minute.

Oh la la.

The biggest weakness in using a gawd to explain anything scientifically is that the explanation is not falsifiable, and thus not even testable. There is no way to create an experiment to show that it’s wrong. For every possible set of a test and a result, we could simply say, A gawd did it. How did Earth and the universe begin, and why do they appear to be so old? A gawd did it. How did life start, and why does nature seem so balanced? A gawd did it. Once again, why does anything happen? If we say that a god did it, there is no reason or opportunity to learn how the world really works. If we had stayed with a god as the cause of all events, our modern culture would have been impossible. We would have no real science, engineering, or medicine. We would still be living in the Dark Ages.

The gawd did it or gawd of the gaps argument has probably been around since humans first started creating gawds. It's the basic premise behind all the scientific arguments for the existence of a gawd.

For the fringe areas of knowledge that we don’t understand, we are using the tools of science to learn the secrets of nature. As we have all seen, science has made excellent advances in our understanding of the universe, and will, no doubt, continue to do so.

at chad_tukes:

So you're speaking here as christian.
    Again you're right indeed, according to you BELIEFS.

at chad_tukes:

So you're speaking here as christian.
    Again you're right indeed, according to you BELIEFS.
    i don't consider myself Christian although i was baptized as one.

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
    I experience miracles all the time but not according through "biblical" means... Try working in a hospital and you see wonders and miracles being made every minute.
    wow... that's original...

what happened to the 5 loaves that went thousands? ? ?

those are miracles, man... not surviving...

what about those born premature/with birth defects, the people who died in the accidents? huh?

wake up... that's just reality there at its finest... nothing more... THESE THINGS JUST HAPPEN... not some miracle/bad luck crap...

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    i don't consider myself Christian although i was baptized as one.
    nice....

non-practicing catholic here....
    a realist... an awaken catholic...

NIndot unta e basa2x smga replies pero kaso lang lawom lang kaau ug mga english..hehe
    banga man kaau ko ani mga english2x gud hehe
    Share nalang ko samtang ang subject ky hapit nadaw holyweek ug unsa man ang atong mga miracle
    sa atong life na nahan daw ta magshare.
    Ang sa akoa ky nakapasar gyud ang akong gi ampoan sa iyang exam na dko sure kun unsa na iyang
    standing sa school bisan prmi ko nka dungog ug mga negative ug d makaya.
    Salamat na dungog gyud niya ang akong prayers, Naa gyud ang Miracle basta naa lang pud ang
    paningkamot ug ang pag ampo ...

Oh la la.

The biggest weakness in using a gawd to explain anything scientifically is that the explanation is not falsifiable, and thus not even testable. There is no way to create an experiment to show that it’s wrong. For every possible set of a test and a result, we could simply say, A gawd did it. How did Earth and the universe begin, and why do they appear to be so old? A gawd did it. How did life start, and why does nature seem so balanced? A gawd did it. Once again, why does anything happen? If we say that a god did it, there is no reason or opportunity to learn how the world really works. If we had stayed with a god as the cause of all events, our modern culture would have been impossible. We would have no real science, engineering, or medicine. We would still be living in the Dark Ages.

The gawd did it or gawd of the gaps argument has probably been around since humans first started creating gawds. It's the basic premise behind all the scientific arguments for the existence of a gawd.

For the fringe areas of knowledge that we don’t understand, we are using the tools of science to learn the secrets of nature. As we have all seen, science has made excellent advances in our understanding of the universe, and will, no doubt, continue to do so.
    Consider the origin of the universe for example. Given the scientific data and theories that we have, it seems more plausible to say that the universe was brought into being by a Creator rather than to say that it simply popped into existence out of nothing, because we know that nothing comes out of nothing. So you see, science can support the hypothesis that God exists.

Quote Originally Posted by kit_cebu View Post
    nice....

non-practicing catholic here....
    a realist... an awaken catholic...
    Does that mean that the rest of us are "sleeping" Catholics?

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast