Thread: Hong kong trip

Default Hong kong trip

I would like to ask for your opinion on this trip. We planning to go to Hong Kong with my wife on our honeymoon. Can anyone have any tips on where we should go aside from Disneyland and Ocean Park? or even tips on the trip, hotels, what to bring, what to avoid...etc... At least we would have tips from people who went there already...I have been to Hong Kong 9 years ago and it's a long time and my wife is her first time. Hoping someone can give us some tips...

I also would like to know if you guys have tips where to buy stuff like electronics, clothes, gadgets with cheap prices...

We could use your help

You can visit:
    NgongPing 360 - ride their cable car (like it) then up to their giant buddha
    Victoria's peak - so you can see HK from the top
    Harbor View - better go there at night for the symphony of lights

I recommend Prudential Hotel at Jordan for the accessibility and MRT is just few steps down, and the rooms are bigger compared to other hotels... security wise its also safe

or visit www.discoverhongkong.com for more details on HK... enjoy the honeymoon!!!

explore also to MACAU since it has cheap fare.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyme82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetee View Post
    You can visit:
    NgongPing 360 - ride their cable car (like it) then up to their giant buddha
    Victoria's peak - so you can see HK from the top
    Harbor View - better go there at night for the symphony of lights

I recommend Prudential Hotel at Jordan for the accessibility and MRT is just few steps down, and the rooms are bigger compared to other hotels... security wise its also safe

or visit www.discoverhongkong.com for more details on HK... enjoy the honeymoon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kamber11 View Post
    explore also to MACAU since it has cheap fare.
    thanks to all...

our plan is to go to macau for the first day but we would only go there after lunch since we would need to check in around 12 or 1pm at the hotel

do you guys think that 20-30k pocket money would do without hotel accommodation and plan tickets? we are going there 4 days...

disneyland and oceanpark are included to our list as well....what are your other suggestions?

Elite Member Platinum Member emorain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyfree View Post
    thanks to all...

our plan is to go to macau for the first day but we would only go there after lunch since we would need to check in around 12 or 1pm at the hotel

do you guys think that 20-30k pocket money would do without hotel accommodation and plan tickets? we are going there 4 days...
    i suggest you go to macau earlier so you could explore more, or even stay there for 1 night.i t's best to try their skywalk in the evening.
    20-30k would do as long as you just stick to it.. just stick to your budget and dont forget to bring your cards with you, you might need it for emergencies.
    the prices of hk's night market is not really that cheap.. always ask for the lowest price first coz their pricing can be very unreasonable sometimes which is really depressing for me.

enjoy your honeymoon guys!

Default Re: Hong kong trip

oh...it's not that cheap, huh? hopefully we can bargain some cheap stuff...thanks for the info...We want to go to macau as well...it looks promising...cards...you mean credit cards? hehehe...this is what im afraid of...i might over spend...

disneyland and ocean park accept credit cards right?

Elite Member Platinum Member emorain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nope, not really.. i'd rather go to thailand errr,,, if i wanna go shopping... hehe!
    anyway, yep, i mean credit cards... i'm sure you got plenty of it! haha! .. the pleasure of shopping & the fear of overspending.. guess you're not alone on that...
    & yep again, they do accept credit cards....
    just have fun though since it's your honeymoon.. .
    whew!
    good luck good luck!
    and best wishes to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by emorain View Post
    nope, not really.. i'd rather go to thailand errr,,, if i wanna go shopping... hehe!
    anyway, yep, i mean credit cards... i'm sure you got plenty of it! haha! .. the pleasure of shopping & the fear of overspending.. guess you're not alone on that...
    & yep again, they do accept credit cards....
    just have fun though since it's your honeymoon.. .
    whew!
    good luck good luck!
    and best wishes to you guys!
    thanks thanks...do you have anymore tips? how about in Macau?

11.    Advertisement