Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SATA HDD not detected after changing bios settings

guyz, i've been wondering wat kind of problem m having. i recently bought a Mobo which is the MSI G31M3 - L V2. the problem is when after i change the bios settings and save the settings, the SATA HDD's CANNOT be detected. but if you leave it turned off for a couple of minutes and turn it on again, the HDD's can be detected already. i just find it weird and a bit of a hassle for me too. what could be the problem?

Blog Entries
    check the connections, the sata cable or the power connector.

huot na siya bro. i even tried different sata cables. same lang jud ang prob.

reset na imong bios load as default diba sata mana auto detect naman cguro na

agree with jdbebz, load bios settings to defaults lang kay murag naa kay nasayop ug configure sa imong bios....

please post more details, i have a gigabyte board and when the sata operation is set to AHCI, the hard drive is no longer reported in BIOS but on the screen for SATA devices in POST.

click lang load bios default bro detect rana mao

Quote Originally Posted by poldopunk View Post
    please post more details, i have a gigabyte board and when the sata operation is set to AHCI, the hard drive is no longer reported in BIOS but on the screen for SATA devices in POST.

Bro, I also have a Gigabyte board and tried to change what u did and experienced the same...How did you fixed this problem?
    Did you change it back the settings to Native IDE on the Sata Operation?
    Is there a way to set the Sata Operation to AHCI without experiencing this problem?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by poldopunk View Post

anyother Gigabyte user hu knows how to fix this?

ok raman sa akoa bro, running it as AHCI, di na siya ma detect sa BIOS nga page but right before it loads the operating system, the AHCI array comes up and shows you the available drives running through it.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast