Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Full-frame DSLR at a Real-World Price Launched

Sony launches DSLR-A850 full-frame digital SLR. MSRP of the new camera (body only) is $2000/€1999. Nindot na kaayo ni nga presyo for a FF uy!!! I hope Canon & Nikon will follow...

Sony launches DSLR-A850 full-frame digital SLR: Digital Photography Review

Nindota unta oi.. $2,000 full frame na!

Pero Sony lang.

ya, pero 24mp nga full frame at $2,000?! nindot man sad ila lenses!!!! mahal ug menos pa ug support ang sony diri pinas... I'm a nikon user but can't help but drool with sony's new offering!!!! Nikon's 24mp sensor is on the D3x body which costs $8,000 and 12mp on the D3 $5,000!!! I think the best priced full frame dslr in the market today is Canon's 21mp 5D Mark II at $2,700!!! With sony's new offering I hope canon & nikon will follow... I hope....

I dunno about sony in the alleys of DSLRs
    price nalang daan they knew nga they have to compete at least if not by performce but the affordability
    rich baya kaayo na ang sony so maka afford na sila in outbidding the more popular brands. maka dive na sila sa prices kay they have other bread & butters, TV, sterios..to name a few, to sustain with this selling method.

basta sonny aint much of a competition w/ regard the the strictly dual head to head race between canon and nikon.
    so I dont think mu follow ang canon or nikon at these rates kay they still sell like hotcakes regardless sa prices so they can still make a profit out of it and the market to keep asking for more

just my opinion though

sony? eeeeeeeeewwwww

^^ ahhahahahaah

I guess canon & nikon doesnt have to compete with sony at that kind of bargaining
    they have already established a solid market of followers that are also willing to follow them to hell and back

and even the wishful thought of canon or nikon should follow their ceiling price shows those 2 are the brands of preference. if not, why not go for sony's flullframe DSLR instead of the wishing or waiting for canonn/nikon's price drop?

bottomline is canon & nikon still has the pride and demand to hold up to its name and can still entice the market at those rediculous prices and people are even more willing to burn money & look the other way when signing the check for it.

btaw mokiloo.. i agree with u..

Quote Originally Posted by mokiloo View Post
    I guess canon & nikon doesnt have to compete with sony at that kind of bargaining
    they have already established a solid market of followers that are also willing to follow them to hell and back

and even the wishful thought of canon or nikon should follow their ceiling price shows those 2 are the brands of preference. if not, why not go for sony's flullframe DSLR instead of the wishing or waiting for canonn/nikon's price drop?

bottomline is canon & nikon still has the pride and demand to hold up to its name and can still entice the market at those rediculous prices and people are even more willing to burn money & look the other way when signing the check for it.
    well said. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by mokiloo View Post

My point here is Sony is massive world wide brand that will indeed attract the masses or those new to photography purely on

the strength of its name! Sooner or later, sony will creep or eat a chunk of the pie. Canon & Nikon won't ignore Sony simply

because they are in business to make money. If a Sony product is competitive with Canon & Nikon, it would be absurd for

them to ignore it. They'll answer the competition and seek to surpass it.

That's the way business is supposed to work.

What Sony is managing to do to both Nikon and Canon - is putting major pricing pressures on their mid-level, and pro level DSLR's.

This is a good thing for us all Canon or Nikon users.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast